[1.3.3072] Trap spring on a guest is considered an attack

Started by vladtikhonov, July 28, 2021, 12:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vladtikhonov

Hello,

My colony had Empire guests (quest "Nobles Needing Help") and one of them, while doing routine cleaning (not drafted), stepped on the trap which accidentally sprung and killed him. This was considered an attack from my side and the Empire turned hostile on the colony. The remaining guests left. I also received 3 messages each of which said "Relations with Empire have changed from XX to -XX (Attacked member).".

Trap spring is ok; quest failed has also happened as expected as one of the guest party members died. But the unexpected bug was the opinion that a trap spring was a deliberate attack which, I suppose, led to a harsh relations penalty: -76 relations decrease, which made Empire hostile (13 to -63 in 3 increments: 13 to -15, -15 to -41 and -41 to -61).

Pheanox

This sounds to be working as intended, though of course I would need to see your game to see what is going on with the faction loss notifications.  Please attach a save and review the "how to report a bug" pinned thread for further assistance.  Thanks for the bug report!