Freezing on Select Starting Site

Started by Riamu, July 28, 2021, 06:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riamu

I'm hoping someone will be able to assist me with this problem I'm having trying to play Rimworld on my laptop.

Rimworld seems to freeze on the select starting site/world map screen. The music still plays in the background and the SFX for the buttons still plays but the image on the screen is frozen. I have about 10-15 seconds to select a site to play the game and I have no issues once I get past that point and start playing. This only seems to happen on the world map.

I have reinstalled the graphics driver and I have reinstalled Rimworld multiple times on different drives. I have also deleted the registry and actioned the other suggestions in this post: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4805.0

I noticed in the player log that there seems to be an error as:

d3d11: failed to create buffer (target 0x5 mode 0 size 144) [0x887A0005]
d3d11: failed to create buffer (target 0x2 mode 0 size 24) [0x887A0005]

I have attached the player.log file just in case.

Can anyone suggest anything to resolve this please?

Many thanks in advance,

Riamu

Ark

Same issue: [1.3.3066-1.3.3072] Game window visually freezes, can still hear gameplay

Nvidia GeForce GTX 780M was launched in May 2013, the latest Windows drivers at nvidia.com are from April 2019. Latest Linux drivers are from November 2019. Linux version might have a hope of working.
RimWorld 1.3.3074 uses Unity 2019.4.26f1.
Nvidia drivers and that Unity version don't play nice with each other. I don't think Nvidia will release a fix for an end of life product, and I don't know if Unity ever worked around that bug. Even if they did, the Ludeon crew would have to update to newer version of Unity, which would propably break something somewhere else.

I don't think there is anything you can do, unless some technomage fixes the driver bug. You are propably stuck with RimWorld 1.2.

Riamu

Thanks for the reply!

I did suspect it was possibly a driver issue. I was hoping I missed something that I could do on my end to fix the issue, like a setting change or something. I guess my fate on this one truly is in the hands of the fabled technomages lol

Thanks again Ark