Pawn in Biosculptor get sick but sickness is paused

Started by GiantSpaceHamster, July 29, 2021, 04:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiantSpaceHamster

I'm not sure if this is considered a bug or just a weird-but-normal edge case:

I have a colonist in a Bioscuptor pod for just over 2 days so far. This pawn just developed Plague (along with one other colonist). It's showing as 0.1%. I know there's a hidden period before diseases appear but I'm not sure how long they can be hidden so I don't know if it's possible the pawn could have developed it just before entering the pod, only to be revealed when the other pawn affected (not in a pod) progressed.

The other part is that the plague is not progressing while the pawn is in the pod. I expect this is intentional, since the pawns don't eat or sleep and their needs don't change, but figured I'd mention it. I was expecting to have to eject the colonist for treatment though so I figured I'd mention it.

cardinal_syn

This seems to be true even if they have penoxycycline active. My particular case happened during a healing cycle but I'm sure its true for all cycles

Thunder Rahja

I've seen my own colonists catch a disease while in the biosculpter, but not while on penoxycycline. Fortunately disease progression (and immunity progression) is suspended while in the biosculpter, but I feel that this should not happen in the first place, especially when the disease should be blocked by penoxycycline.

Pheanox

Thanks for the bug report!  I confirmed that the bug here is that they should not be getting these diseases at all, like when in a cryosleep pod.  That will resolve this entirely.  Report has been made!