Let pawn wear gloves when he has bionic arm (boots with bionic legs).

Started by zbysiek12345, July 30, 2021, 03:11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zbysiek12345

Same to boots. Yes it's mod that do that but this should be in vanilla.
And mod has one disadvantage. It's work good when you have for example
bionic arm and want to wear gloves.  But if pawn have only
bionic hand then he can't wear ring as game return that he hasn't
body part required for that operation (fingers).

zgrssd

I would guess that the normal hand reports fingers, so fingers can be seperately shot off and injured. Reducing the part efficiency without a complete loss.

I do not think a lot of vanilla players would enjoy their Bionic hand still loosing Fingers. Not when repairing it would propably require a whole new operation.

zbysiek12345

You can please both side. When game reports missing finger game should check upper body part. In this case when bionic hand will be detected you should be able to wear ring. This is a way that one amateur made mod. Unfortunately he mad this mode before Royality dlc and is offline for month on steam and I doubt he is playing Rimworld anymore. So no update :( You don't need to implements tons of code.

zgrssd

Quote from: zbysiek12345 on July 30, 2021, 06:43:14 AM
You can please both side. When game reports missing finger game should check upper body part. In this case when bionic hand will be detected you should be able to wear ring.
That is soemthing the modder would have to change, not the basegame....

zbysiek12345

[/quote]
I do not agree. Bad solutions should be corrected on game level. Also modder gives no signs of life.

zgrssd

Quote from: zbysiek12345 on August 02, 2021, 02:49:28 AM

I do not agree. Bad solutions should be corrected on game level. Also modder gives no signs of life.
[/quote]
It was a bad solution by the modder to base it on the number of fingers/toes. When he could have trivially based it on the existence of a foot or hand.

If the modder is non-responsive, just make your own mod and do it better.

zbysiek12345

The game is broken in that level. And here we are with SUPER CRAZY idea of fixing it.

What is even or purpose of "Ideas" section, when you hear an answer "just made a mod"?
Delete this section because with this attitude is unnecessarily.

zgrssd

Quote from: zbysiek12345 on August 04, 2021, 09:05:20 AM
The game is broken in that level. And here we are with SUPER CRAZY idea of fixing it.

What is even or purpose of "Ideas" section, when you hear an answer "just made a mod"?
Delete this section because with this attitude is unnecessarily.
"A mod is inherently broken and the author non-responsive. Let us change the game so it is working again!" is not a sensible idea.

The mod author decided to check for fingers, rather then the hand. That is the fundamental design mistake the mod author made.
The mod is the part that needs to be fixed.

If you look at any Vanilla Armor you will notice they cover:
- Shoulder
- Arm

Not a single line will reference the Hand or Fingers. Because for the game, the hand is a sub-part of the arm and the fingers a sub-part of the hand. That should have been a dead giveaway for the mod author that what he was doing was not supported.
He choose to do it anyway.
Now you are complaining he stopped supporting the mod and demand the basegme changes to support it.

zbysiek12345

I'm not completing he stopped supporting mod.
I accepted this.

AND I DON'T DEMAND ANYTHING! I just giving idea you don't like.
Whatever it will be implement or not.
The only one who demand, it's you to me shut up, and I don't know why.
You write this is bad idea and i understand your point of view. It's totally ok.

But I don't understand why you want so badly to change my point of view.