Quick update

Started by Tynan, September 20, 2013, 04:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hypolite

Are you able to do multiple Kickstarter campaigns for the same game? And if you are technically allowed to do so, how well is it regarded amongst original backers? And amongst newcomers?  ???

Anyway, thanks for the answer on my raised question, and do whatever you see best for you and the game. But first for you :D

Yarkista

Quote from: Tynan on September 21, 2013, 04:58:03 PM
I hear ya, but the game really needs some help at this point and I can't do the things it needs myself.

I think the market is far bigger than I'll ever reach (e.g. millions and millions of players out there) so I'm not afraid of "using up" some limited reserve of goodwill. I think there will always be more people to reach when you're as small as this operation.

So I'm hoping it'll work in stages. First the Kickstarter. That gives resources to get the public Alpha done well (which is the quality you're thinking of). Which gets resources to refine the game into what it really want to be.

At least, I'm hoping it'll work that way.

Eh, just make sure that on the kickstarter page it says that the art is a WIP, hopefully people will understand.

Tynan

I actually put a note at the start of the video explaining that the game art is largely temporary.

The KS page will hopefully feature some replacement work from an artist.

I think you can do multiple kickstarters, but only for "expansions" of the game. Anyway I'm not looking that far ahead... one step at a time :)
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Yarkista

Quote from: Tynan on September 21, 2013, 06:01:46 PM
I actually put a note at the start of the video explaining that the game art is largely temporary.

The KS page will hopefully feature some replacement work from an artist.

I think you can do multiple kickstarters, but only for "expansions" of the game. Anyway I'm not looking that far ahead... one step at a time :)

I'm guessing 2-3 months before the kickstarter starts?  (Pardon the pun.)

Tynan

No, much sooner than that.

Yarkista

The Ataraxist

Im really excited to see this happen Ty, Good luck with the KS.

Tynan

Mailing list now contains 846 names. I hope we can reach a thousand by the time the Kickstarter begins. That'd make a nice day-1 boost.

I've also finished cutting the "real" trailer and Alistair Lindsay is currently doing an audio track for it. It's much, much better than the first look.

Currently wrangling corporate paperwork and getting the Kickstarter description together. Things are looking pretty good.

It may be quiet around here for a little bit, what with the lack of new versions coming out. But I'm thinking things will get a bit more active once we hit Kickstarter and Greenlight on the same day and release a hot new trailer.

And maybe a week or so after that I can actually work on the game again! OMG :D

Yarkista

Heh, make sure you email a few places telling them about the kicks tarter, ( rps etc) we need all the publicity we can get.

xTAMERx

what about facebook present? you should get there also a lot of followers

Tynan

There actually is a FB page: https://www.facebook.com/LudeonStudios

Though it's ancient; I need to update it.

And hells yeah I'll be doing more than "emailing a few places" :D.

xTAMERx

ah ok  :) i looked at google for "rimworld facebook" but get only another game: https://www.facebook.com/RimWorlds

i hope there wont be any copyright problems  :D

Tynan

Whoa, never found that before. All their websites seem gone, though. I think we're okay.

Hypolite

It seems like they are planning an alpha test in Winter 2013, and their wiki is quite large already. Their forums are nearly empty, and the last post is from March 2013. So there is something, but I don't feel it will be a problem either.

Kalesin

Quote from: Tynan on September 23, 2013, 01:11:26 PM
There actually is a FB page: https://www.facebook.com/LudeonStudios

Though it's ancient; I need to update it.

And hells yeah I'll be doing more than "emailing a few places" :D.

Added to Facebook (screenshot interesting, I guess is the first versions of the game)

It would be recommended daily update facebook page and other social networks (Twitter, blog as we are doing)

It would be interesting, especially now at the beginning, which also had a "Comunity Manager", if possible, any of the tester you have, since I assume are acquaintances or friends who will know both the game and your work