[1.3.3076, Ideology] Multi-style ideoligions can't control styles.

Started by AileTheAlien, August 02, 2021, 12:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AileTheAlien

In multi-style ideoligions, styled objects are always one style. This prevents the player from choosing to, for example, have one altar-room in spikecore, but the other in morbid style. As far as I can tell, the objects are always one of the styles, seemingly at random, but always consistent throughout the game. For example, in my colony the statues, benches, and altars are always morbid, but the tables, lamps, and clothing are always spikecore.

If they were random each time, like clothing or statue quality, that would at least work since you could pick and choose which ones to use. (Random, within the ideoligion of whoever's building or crafting, in case you have work-guests.) Annoying, but workable.

Excellion

If i am not mistaken:

- If a single religion has multiple styles defined, the left-most style on the ideology screen will be dominant. So if you have multiple styles that have sprite for an object, the leftmost style will be used. If the leftmost style does not have a sprite for that object, the next style will be used. If that one doesn't have one either the third (and so on). If no styles have a unique visual the default one is used.
- When you have multiple ideologies in your colony, the ideology of the builder of the object determines the style of the created object. While my main ideology had a morbid style, i had one builder wandering around who wasn't converted yet and thus had a religion that had a totemic style. As a result there were torches dotted around my colony that had a totemic style, instead of morbid.

In any case you cannot change between styles at will if you have an ideology that has multiple styles. The left most style always has priority over other styles.

AileTheAlien

Oh, woof. I didn't notice that explanatory text when I was creating my colony. That seems like it's going to cause problems if any more items get styles in vanilla since multi-style ideoligions won't really work. Same for mods that add multi-style items, or add missing styles to vanilla items.

Even without new styles or a mod that adds missing styles, the game could really use a way to pick styles. For example, I really like the skull-altar from the morbid style, but I hate all of their chairs and tables. I like the spiky jackets from spike-core, but think the columns and tables are a bit much. (So I'd rather have 'normal' unstyled variants.)