[1.3, Royalty] Auto-slaughter/pens causing pawns to ignore area restrictions

Started by teh_doctah, August 02, 2021, 05:42:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teh_doctah

Set all my pawns to be Inside, an area I designated under rooves, as well as a small strip (one tile wide) through a pen so my noble could get to their throne room, due to toxic fallout.  I then noticed a pawn go into the  pen that the area cut through and leave the allowed strip to slaughter a duck.  I figured the area restriction would be prioritized. 

Should be fairly easy to reproduce, save here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bn5SuEcZKuyiXaAtrNyFqf1MXLGxQEsr/view?usp=sharing

zgrssd

If you cover some parts of the pen, animals will now automatically avoid the toxic fallout by staying under the roof for as long as possible.

teh_doctah

zgrssd

Quote from: teh_doctah on August 03, 2021, 02:16:08 AM
This is regarding human pawns/colonists.
This is about humans interacation with the Animals:

Quote from: teh_doctah on August 02, 2021, 05:42:33 AM
I then noticed a pawn go into the  pen that the area cut through and leave the allowed strip to slaughter a duck.

If you control the animal position, you also control the human behavior. And it is not even hard.

sledge

This is not the only bug regarding area restrictions.
I had a royal pawn temporary restricted to a 10x20 area to force a rescue to sleeping spot for an ally. He just left the area to do meditation in his throne room afterwards. Normal job priorisation was not allowed outside of the area though.

Pheanox

I can not reproduce this with the save you provided, with or without ideology.  Pawns respect their assigned areas and do not leave to tend animals.  It may be fixed in 1.3.3080, though I have had this reported before and not been able to reproduce it, or the meditation bug.

zgrssd

Quote from: Pheanox on August 03, 2021, 06:46:05 PM
I can not reproduce this with the save you provided, with or without ideology.  Pawns respect their assigned areas and do not leave to tend animals.  It may be fixed in 1.3.3080, though I have had this reported before and not been able to reproduce it, or the meditation bug.
My guess is:
1. The Animal was in the restricted zone when the command targetted it
2. The Animal walked out of the zone to feed or whatever
3. The order still follows the animal, outside the allowed zones.

There is a similar thing with hunting orders. Once the Pawn locks in a target, it will hunt it no mater how far it moves from the allowed zones.