[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

Shinzy

Quote from: Zeta Omega on August 18, 2014, 07:02:00 AM
Quote from: Sam_ on August 18, 2014, 01:41:07 AM
Quote from: Zeta Omega on August 17, 2014, 04:53:57 PM
DO raiders spawn with these......Please say no....

I have only edited the xml files for weapons, and haven't had time to test it thoroughly yet. If someone else could post here where they got the weapons from in their playthrough, that would help out.
Otherwise there is only one variable in the xml files related whether traders have the weapon, and another defining the price.
What about the armor? Where do you buy or get that?

Looking at the xml files, They'll be spawning with raiders/visitors
just like the normal power armors

Iwillbenicetou

Well my computer doesn't like the mod :(
EDIT: Just another mod not working
EDIT 2: It might not be compatible with my other mods :(
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Zeta Omega

Sam_

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on August 18, 2014, 11:24:09 AM

Do you get any red text in the console upon starting the game? What exactly occurs when it doesn't work?
If it freezes at a point in the game I might be able to pinpoint the issue, if the game just black screens however, it shouldn't be my mod.

Zeta Omega

*sees cost for magnetic coil* IVE NEVER SEEN A WEAPON GO ABOVE 1000! Let alone something just used for construction....

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: Sam_ on August 19, 2014, 03:37:28 AM
Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on August 18, 2014, 11:24:09 AM

Do you get any red text in the console upon starting the game? What exactly occurs when it doesn't work?
If it freezes at a point in the game I might be able to pinpoint the issue, if the game just black screens however, it shouldn't be my mod.

It was just it saying it doesn't like deleting custom event mods. Which I had disabled one.

JibbeDahFish

add more combat suits, like a mech suit!

Zeta Omega

*Built the new powersource* WOW! so worth all the cash........I actually had To add turrets to avoid the fear of a short circuit

Somz

Alright, this is too OP. I've played around it a little, last time I've managed to get my hands on a minigun, 2 m-16s and a m24s, aside from that I had about 5 turrets defending one, cleared-of-covers death-zone, yet the third raid, about 20-25 raiders wiped me out easily
(where with standard armor/weapons not even 80 could've do it).
5 spawned with these weapons, out of those 2 was in nano armor/helmet, they literally one-shot my turrets and colonists.

In my opinion you should either make it extraordinarily rare, or remove the spawn chance altogether. =|

Speaking of which, which line should I delete or add to make the spawn chance 0? Thanks.
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

Sam_

Quote from: Somz on August 24, 2014, 02:06:18 PM
Alright, this is too OP. I've played around it a little, last time I've managed to get my hands on a minigun, 2 m-16s and a m24s, aside from that I had about 5 turrets defending one, cleared-of-covers death-zone, yet the third raid, about 20-25 raiders wiped me out easily
5 spawned with these weapons, out of those 2 was in nano armor/helmet, they literally one-shot my turrets and colonists.

In my opinion you should either make it extraordinarily rare, or remove the spawn chance altogether. =|

Speaking of which, which line should I delete or add to make the spawn chance 0? Thanks.

Like the license says, you are aloud to do anything with my files, but that said, thanks for the support. I'll look into removing the spawn chance from pirates, as you are the first to inform me they even spawn with them. However it seems it might require a more in-depth mod to change that particular feature, modding dlls instead of just xml files, which I have neither the time or the interest in doing.

If you would like to help the mod change in a way you would prefer, it would help me out greatly if you could tell me which weapons they spawned with and perhaps how far into your total play-through (not just single session) this raid occurred. Failing that maybe you could give me a screen-shot of the offending raiders, so as to debug the level you were at and the weapons to tweak.

Iwillbenicetou

All I can say Sam_, I looked in the def files for ages, nothing. I couldn't find anything. You might have to debug it out.

Somz

Quote from: Sam_ on August 24, 2014, 09:28:17 PM
Quote from: Somz on August 24, 2014, 02:06:18 PM

Like the license says, you are aloud to do anything with my files, but that said, thanks for the support. I'll look into removing the spawn chance from pirates, as you are the first to inform me they even spawn with them. However it seems it might require a more in-depth mod to change that particular feature, modding dlls instead of just xml files, which I have neither the time or the interest in doing.

If you would like to help the mod change in a way you would prefer, it would help me out greatly if you could tell me which weapons they spawned with and perhaps how far into your total play-through (not just single session) this raid occurred. Failing that maybe you could give me a screen-shot of the offending raiders, so as to debug the level you were at and the weapons to tweak.

Oh boy, I hoped that asking what to do in order to remove their spawn is a straight giveaway of my ignorance towards modding... Seems like I was wrong.  ;D

Well, if it does require dll modding to remove the spawn chance then...Yeah, that's not cool, since I couldn't even find out how to change anything let alone actually changing something, I wouldn't dare to ask you to do that.  ;)
In case it is doable via xml files...well, less spawn-chance would be better than no spawn-chance I guess.

In any case, raider spawn carry every piece of equipment randomly, their presence is independent of the progress of the colony, however their numbers seem to be affected by total wealth (much like the way M-24s spawn more often late game/for wealthy colonies).

I will provide screenshots and whatever else I can (just ask if you need anything else), although I'm currently playing with a zombie mod, quite funny, however most of the time zombies are the ones trying to undermine my colony, not raiders, and they carry no weaponry.
This task might turn to be quite a challenge...  ;D

Thanks!
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

Sam_

Quote from: Somz on August 25, 2014, 01:05:42 AM

Oh boy, I hoped that asking what to do in order to remove their spawn is a straight giveaway of my ignorance towards modding... Seems like I was wrong.  ;D

Well, if it does require dll modding to remove the spawn chance then...Yeah, that's not cool, since I couldn't even find out how to change anything let alone actually changing something, I wouldn't dare to ask you to do that.  ;)
In case it is doable via xml files...well, less spawn-chance would be better than no spawn-chance I guess.

In any case, raider spawn carry every piece of equipment randomly, their presence is independent of the progress of the colony, however their numbers seem to be affected by total wealth (much like the way M-24s spawn more often late game/for wealthy colonies).

I will provide screenshots and whatever else I can (just ask if you need anything else), although I'm currently playing with a zombie mod, quite funny, however most of the time zombies are the ones trying to undermine my colony, not raiders, and they carry no weaponry.
This task might turn to be quite a challenge...  ;D

Thanks!

I have invested a bit more time, basically re-writing the xmls, rather then pinching the core xmls and found how the system works. So, you should have no pirates spawning with advanced weapons and armour, although I haven't tested it yet. that said v0.4 will probably have a much rarer custom incident involving a handful of commandos dropping, so gear up!

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: Sam_ on August 25, 2014, 07:02:36 AM
I have invested a bit more time, basically re-writing the xmls, rather then pinching the core xmls and found how the system works. So, you should have no pirates spawning with advanced weapons and armour, although I haven't tested it yet. that said v0.4 will probably have a much rarer custom incident involving a handful of commandos dropping, so gear up!

1. Where did you find it? the xml files?
2. Maybe have 1 or 2. Or if the colony has like 10-15 people, have 3. Or another way is if everyone has a M-24 and body armor, add 1 per 5 colonists.
3. The M-24 is worse than LMG, and the LMG is worse than Minigun. Minigun is the best gun you can get in vanilla. Heavy Charge Blaster is the best, but you can't get it :'(

Sam_

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on August 25, 2014, 12:57:12 PM
Quote from: Sam_ on August 25, 2014, 07:02:36 AM

1. Where did you find it? the xml files?
2. Maybe have 1 or 2. Or if the colony has like 10-15 people, have 3. Or another way is if everyone has a M-24 and body armor, add 1 per 5 colonists.
3. The M-24 is worse than LMG, and the LMG is worse than Minigun. Minigun is the best gun you can get in vanilla. Heavy Charge Blaster is the best, but you can't get it :'(

The xml files uses a tag system, which my weapons had as <tags>Gun</tags> which is the default for human weapons. Pirates just get a random compliment of guns tagged with Gun. And the same system for armour. There is no way in the xml files to define the count of weapons per colony population or your owned weapons. I feel like a custom event would be more fitting to get the weapons anyway. The idea is that these weapons are fresh off the assembly line. Only a squad directly from an advanced world would have them.