[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

nikits96

Quote from: Sam_ on September 02, 2015, 03:00:04 AM
Quote from: nikits96 on September 01, 2015, 09:17:31 AM
Excellent idea for the mod.
But no balance. Not at all.
Weapons. Resources. Fractions.
5 naked pirates = 5 armed soldiers Orion
10 tribal warriors = 10 heavily armed commando

1 magnetic coils need 10 computer components...
1 computer components need 20 silicone...
1 silicone need 35 Stone blocks...
1*10*20*35=7000
7000 Stone blocks? Really???
7000\20=350 rubble stones

processing takes and carrying stone ~30+~30=~60 sec at normal speed...
350*60=21000 seconds(350 minutes)

1 computer component costs ~350$...

I forgot I added Fractions. I have already outlined this in a previous thread; Trading for it will always be cheaper then processing advanced technology yourself. It's long and difficult to process the materials, because the trace amount of silicon in stone is small. With the intention of a very difficult mod I would say it is balanced just fine.

With regards to the comparisons between the factions I would be intrigued to see video proof of five naked pirates killing armed Orion soldiers. And considering a large number of complaints about the overall strength of commandos I'd also like to see ten tribals win against ten commandos. Unless of course I've mistaken your intent but the poorly worded comparison.

I meant that creates Cassandra when loading the same saves , before the attack . She believes that the 5 naked pirates = 5 armed soldiers Orion.

Sam_

Quote from: nikits96 on September 03, 2015, 06:05:20 AM
Quote from: Sam_ on September 02, 2015, 03:00:04 AM
Quote from: nikits96 on September 01, 2015, 09:17:31 AM

I meant that creates Cassandra when loading the same saves , before the attack . She believes that the 5 naked pirates = 5 armed soldiers Orion.

Ok, thank you for clearing that up.

It seems I need to reduce the difficulty of my mod somewhat. Most feedback tends towards informing me of how broken the mod is due to absurd values that obviously weren't originally "balanced". Or perhaps I could release a "casual" version for the players looking for a more Cow Clicker style mod.

Sarcasm aside, this mod is not just cool technology, but it is intended to throw scary recipe numbers like 7000 stone blocks at you, and intended to destroy your colony. Keep in mind Rimworld is a game where failing is still fun and part of the story. If you truly want a more "balanced" game that is more to your taste then you could always play on Basebuilder diffculty and/or on an easier storyteller. That's what they are for after-all.

sinogard

Hi I really like a lot about the mod but I really do not like the weapons added in. I have tried to straight up remove them from the game but i guess the mod calls for them in other less obvious places and it crashes the game when i activate the mod without them. Since i am not a really modder I cant figure out what else i have to delete to get rid of them. If you could point me out in the right direction i would be very appreciative.

Lady Wolf

Quote from: sinogard on September 04, 2015, 07:00:23 PM
Hi I really like a lot about the mod but I really do not like the weapons added in. I have tried to straight up remove them from the game but i guess the mod calls for them in other less obvious places and it crashes the game when i activate the mod without them. Since i am not a really modder I cant figure out what else i have to delete to get rid of them. If you could point me out in the right direction i would be very appreciative.

I'm not sure where else they are used, but an easy work around is to copy other weapons stats over the Glitter weapons, (I.E use the assault or sniper rifle stats from vanilla or a different mod and paste them in place of the weapon stats int eh GW files.)

This way the guns will no longer be over powered and won't crash the game like they do if you remove them.  ;)

sinogard

I hadn't considered that. I'll try that out. Thanks.

boozdeuvash

Quote from: Sam_ on September 04, 2015, 07:42:05 AM
If you truly want a more "balanced" game that is more to your taste then you could always play on Basebuilder diffculty and/or on an easier storyteller. That's what they are for after-all.

Unfortunately that completely removes any difficulty from the vanilla parts of the game, which isnt what most people here are looking for.

So i've taken steps to adjust things a little more seriously. Here's what i've done so far:
- Brought the OC Rifle more in line with the rest: 6 rounds burst, 9dmg, Slightly reduced medium range Acc. Basically twice as powerful as the Assault rifle.
- Adjusted difficulty of Orion raiders by reducing the minimum value on weapons and apparel, and bringing a couple of the more powerful weapons in Vanilla and one other pack under the OC tag, meaning the lower point raids show up with charge rifles, high tech snipers, etc...
- Commandos show up after 5 months.
- Reduced the amount of rocks needed  for silicon from 35 to 6.

Good difficulty and very engaging, and no more unbeatable raids!

Dragoon

Quote from: boozdeuvash on September 08, 2015, 10:01:03 AM
-snip-

Yo include the file so they can download it lol ( I won't use it cause i like the challenge and focus on beating the game XD).
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

boozdeuvash

Not sure if that's proper with regard to the Author.

sinogard

Hi i would like to leave some additional feedback. I am currently playing on Casandra Rough, the default difficulty, and I have gotten this an event to help someone run from the commandos. I have tried several times in many different ways to try and take care of them but each time they crush me. Killing everyone, or kidnapping them all. In one instance they had a rail gun and one shotted the guy that joined me while he tried to get into cover.

The best weapon i have is a survival rifle and 2 dogs, who i just got and havent had a chance to train yet. I have a pump shotgun but they don't ever get close enough for that. In addition I have already nerfed them by making their weapons not do flame damage as i found that infuriating, but regular bullet damage instead. It also doesn't help that if I switch to a melee approach and wait for them to get close, Ie pillage, that they can outrun me and shoot me to death for days. I can only imagine that i would never get them if they still did flame damage.

They can out range my turrets and blow them up with their railguns, which are ungodly in terms of accuracy. While It would be easy to just go back a few auto saves and not accept to help the guy, I feel in a way, cheated. I feel that a significant nerf would be preferred to their numbers early game would be good, since they are considerably faster and better equipped than anyone i would have at this point. 

I love the stuff your mod allows for me to do and it gives end game a lot of value other than just see how long you can survive. The added crafting tree's lends itself well toward that. But the faction is grossly unbalanced for someone who wants a bit of challenge but also wants to build a functioning colony even with the nerfs i have already applied. I know balancing is a tough thing to figure out which is why i am posting as much extensive feedback as i can with any relevant information with my play through. I have attached a screen shot of my colony. They approached from the left.

Sam_

Quote from: boozdeuvash on September 08, 2015, 06:01:49 PM
Not sure if that's proper with regard to the Author.

No It certainly wouldn't. Perhaps I should update the license to avoid people making a mod of my mod within my own thread.

Quote from: sinogard on September 09, 2015, 06:53:31 AM
Hi i would like to leave some additional feedback. I am currently playing on Casandra Rough, the default difficulty, and I have gotten this an event to help someone run from the commandos. I have tried several times in many different ways to try and take care of them but each time they crush me. Killing everyone, or kidnapping them all. In one instance they had a rail gun and one shotted the guy that joined me while he tried to get into cover.

Firstly, you mention you have made modification to my mod. I have no problem with this, however I believe a previous list of modifications you may be using, posted by another disgruntled user, included an extension of the period where commandos don't raid you. Please clarify every modification you have or just confirm the modification above.
If you are using this I would note that the balance of my mod doesn't mean anything if you accept an optional event including the commandos. The very sight of the word Commando should be warning enough, given the context. You are correct about the end game features. This is a difficult mod intended for Rimworld players that have considerable experience on even the hardest difficulty, and need a extreme challenge. All weapons have been balanced and even nerfed once already. The railgun in my opinion is not nearly as powerful as it should be.

Lastly with regards to this specific feed back. After looking at the image I have to note that I would have trouble defending that even in vanilla on extreme difficulty. You must consider defence and battle tactics when you decide where to build. The best solution for commandos is to make it impossible for them to have range, build in the mountains and find a patch of land surrounded by rock, with one entry. Or dig into an area with a tunnel, the choke that entry with turrets and traps leaving your colonists in the best cover where the enemy must be two blocks away to attack.
Your colony in the picture is not in any way defensible, and involves an upfront fight to fend off attackers. High tech commandos are attackers designed to overcome just such defenses.

sinogard

I'll type up a changelog of things I changed in the mod itself if you like and send it to you in a PM if you prefer.

The image doesnt really show the massive lake i built next to, the left side, that effectively give enemies no cover and slows their approach in a large crescent shape. I can't build into a mountain as im not playing on a mountainous map but large hills.

I took several approaches with dealing with the 5 to 7 people, depending on how lucky i was, and died each time :D.

Anyway I'm not trying to attack you but simply leave my feedback for you. If you believe the mod is fine then fine. Its your prerogative as it is not my mod and im not the one putting all the work into it. I really do enjoy the endgame the mod brings. It keeps things fresh.

Anyway after reverting to an even earlier autosave and avoiding the event all together My colony turned into this. Everyones melee and while i havent for some unknown reason been able to purchase shields from any vendors I have yet to lose anyone. Plenty of downs and replacing limbs but no deaths yet. Heres another screen shot, I'll try to put it in a spoiler so it takes less room. :D

forsaken1111

Loving the mod myself, I just removed the commandos. Thanks for your work, really appreciate it.

BinaryBlackhole

I tried to make a plastasteel orion corp pacifier it said it was making a steel one crafting could not be finished is this related to the list of ingredients not specifying which ingredient can I make it or do I have to buy it

Also you can make plastasteel into titanium with a byproduct of 15 silicon and 5 chips are made when you craft not just one

Gotisch

Quote from: thardy01 on August 22, 2015, 11:31:50 PM
Im getting errors on a fresh install of A12 [ ... ] Its the only mod other than core.
The about.xml shows Version 0.91 So maybe wrong link on post?

Guess i should mention the initial loading of the mod works fine dosn't throw up any errors till exiting and reloading game.

I can confirm that correcting capitalization in "Hediffs_AddedParts.xml" and "Hediffs_OCAddedParts.xml" fixes the error messages under linux.

johiah

The stupid flame guns are so op. I have an entirely advanced bionic and cybernetic organ dude (using epoe as well) and he is wearing full nano suit with a reactive suit. One shot and he's on fire and running into the "fire" zone. change how fire works or change that gun please.
*edit* I realized that having two ppl standing next to each other means they instantly put the fire out on each other, and I installed mending mod so that my legendary nano suit didnt die after two commando fights =P
*second edit* it doesnt work if they are both firing, and after getting drop pod commandos, all of my weapons and gear were damaged, and then literally ONE DAY LATER it is 5 colonists (one had two apb-1 rifle shots to the brain and was incapacitated) versus 35 commandos. The commandos with advanced bionic legs are crazy.
"My best warden has no jaw"