[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

tfreak586

darkrage000

_Sam, like you, i was always intrigued by the idea of an advanced civilization out there... but my ideas of them werent so benevolent. It would be interesting if we started out with a bare minimum of Glitter technology through research.
The use of Glitter tech in varying amounts and time would draw the ire of this Civilization who want to keep their Technology 'secure' and would attack your colony.
The upside ( this is where the minimum tech research comes in) is that you have the chance of capturing someone to  learn a bit more of Glitter tech research from them, or even the chance that they might drop an item that can start a research project. (or an item that might start a project, but is useless until you get a tech thats a pre-requisite (like a Xeon generator project thats useless until you get basic Glitter power gen project completed.)
So you might end up with decent POTENTIAL for research projects, but cant do anything until a certain one is obtained that unlocks some that you have.
Of course, the more you learn and use, the more at risk of even more deadly attacks your colony is.

123nick

is there a compatibility patch for the A14 version of this mod too work with the A14 version of EPOE? i thought mods that add organ replacements dont work well together ?

Sam_

The link should be fixed now.

Quote from: 123nick on July 18, 2016, 03:48:07 AM
is there a compatibility patch for the A14 version of this mod too work with the A14 version of EPOE? i thought mods that add organ replacements dont work well together ?

There is a surgery free version of Glittertech that removes the advanced bionic limbs and organs. That should help with compatibility.

123nick

Quote from: Sam_ on July 18, 2016, 06:09:59 AM
The link should be fixed now.

Quote from: 123nick on July 18, 2016, 03:48:07 AM

There is a surgery free version of Glittertech that removes the advanced bionic limbs and organs. That should help with compatibility.

thanks, and im considering using it, but in a perfect world i would like both. is there anything glittertech bionics has that EPOE doesent?

Grynnreaper

is it possible your mod could override storyteller? i seem to be getting much larger raids than i should. And your tank was moo/grunting.

Sam_

The tanks share the same sound effects as the mechanoid centipede. They also bleed thanks to how mechanoids and other pawns work.

mathwizi2005

Have been having issues with the Dynamic Relaxation Chair(s) disappearing on completion, no model, no selection box.
That and debug log keeps bugging me every time a tank interacts with a joy structure (AND THEY KEEP DRINKING MY BEER!)

Using Surgery-free Version

hector212121

Uhhhhh. I have Hospitality and I just had some MBTs "visit" my colony.

Because nothing says "Welcome to this particular Rimworld" like 20 tons of fucking steel barreling down trees to park in your front yard, right?

Edit: Oh my god, it gets better, they set a course STRAIGHT for the table to 'relax socially'.

"I say, Mr. Sherman, would you like a spot of tea?"
"Why, yes, Sir Panzer, thank you very kindly."

Edited edit:Wait a minute, I disabled hospitality!

Could I possibly...recruit a MBT... using hospitality...  :o

123nick

Quote from: hector212121 on July 18, 2016, 07:34:12 PM
Uhhhhh. I have Hospitality and I just had some MBTs "visit" my colony.

Because nothing says "Welcome to this particular Rimworld" like 20 tons of fucking steel barreling down trees to park in your front yard, right?

Edit: Oh my god, it gets better, they set a course STRAIGHT for the table to 'relax socially'.

"I say, Mr. Sherman, would you like a spot of tea?"
"Why, yes, Sir Panzer, thank you very kindly."

Edited edit:Wait a minute, I disabled hospitality!

Could I possibly...recruit a MBT... using hospitality...  :o

if you do, please post about it, i would love too know.

hector212121

False alarm, I'm afraid, I think I did in fact have Hospitality on. :P

123nick

Hey, i think i found a bug. when the orion installation landed during a siege, they dont do anything. just wander about. they dont build sandbags or mortars, or charge the base, just sit around. it may be other mods though

Sam_

These damn tanks...

The main issue is having a choice between something biological and a mechanoid. There's not easy way to make robots, as a mechanoid pawn will spawn with crashed ship parts. I thought they just bleed and act like a biological tank, but if they are drinking beer and relaxing socially....

123nick

Quote from: Sam_ on July 19, 2016, 03:56:26 AM
These damn tanks...

The main issue is having a choice between something biological and a mechanoid. There's not easy way to make robots, as a mechanoid pawn will spawn with crashed ship parts. I thought they just bleed and act like a biological tank, but if they are drinking beer and relaxing socially....

cant you give them traits too make them incapable of things like talking and drinking beer?

Fallatus

Quote from: 123nick on July 19, 2016, 07:01:46 AM
Quote from: Sam_ on July 19, 2016, 03:56:26 AM
These damn tanks...

cant you give them traits too make them incapable of things like talking and drinking beer?
Or maybe make them fully trained animals? Like trader's muffalos or some such?