[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

pyrlix

Quote from: Rihlsul on August 30, 2016, 04:22:16 AM

Request: Is there any possibility you can add a14 versions to the github?   Waiting on CCL to update, and I lost my copy of a14 Tilled Coil due to oh so helpful Steam Workshop.

I agree on that request... steam workshop is a PITA if you reverse the games version...

motionsickness

On the Github page for Tilled soil there's only the A15 release.  Is is possible for you to upload the A14 version? I'm not updating for now and I would like to add this mod to my colony.

subarctic_guy

Can you make the A14 version of Furnace available please?

Or does anyone still have a copy knocking around?

It's the only thing left  keeping me from loading my A14 save file..... :-\

Sam_

Quote from: Rihlsul on August 30, 2016, 04:22:16 AM
1 suggestion, 1 request.

Suggestion:  Modify the topic name, since this thread looks like it's only for Glitter Tech, but Tilled Soil is in here.

Request: Is there any possibility you can add a14 versions to the github?   Waiting on CCL to update, and I lost my copy of a14 Tilled Coil due to oh so helpful Steam Workshop.

My intention is to merge my all of my mods into a modular glitter tech pack, which will give people more options with content and make my job updating and adding content easier.

The current Alpha 15 version is backwards compatible with Alpha 14, all I have changed is the version number, so ignore the red text and it shouldn't cause any issues. Let me know if it does.

subarctic_guy

Quote from: Elysium on August 22, 2016, 05:49:43 PM
I really wish mods of this magnitude had some kind of simplistic guide.

It would be cool if the rimworld wiki would allow pages for mod content. Maybe with a banner at the top of the page that makes it clear that the content is not vanilla. It could then become standard practice to post your mod's documentation there.

StyleDragonLP

is it possible to donwload the A14 version somewhere?

drakemasta

could you add some epoe stuff to the mod? or a compatability patch.

when i use epoe and glitter i cant do the rib implants or take advantage of epoes limb harvesting (depending on wich i have first in load order)

AcneZebra

Is there any way to  modify a config file to change the recipes for items at all? I'm in the late game on a flat map trying to source silicon and I'm finding that 25 stone blocks per single silicon is a little slow given the amount you need for computer components. Is there a value I can change somewhere to lower the number of items a recipe needs?

Deimos Rast

Quote from: AcneZebra on September 11, 2016, 11:00:25 PM
Is there any way to  modify a config file to change the recipes for items at all? I'm in the late game on a flat map trying to source silicon and I'm finding that 25 stone blocks per single silicon is a little slow given the amount you need for computer components. Is there a value I can change somewhere to lower the number of items a recipe needs?

Check in this file found here. Open in Notepad.
GlitterTech/Defs/RecipeDefs/Recipes_AdvancedProduction.xml

I highlighted the line below. Mine says 35 for whatever reason, your's will probably say 25. Change to taste. Alternatively, you could change how many Silicon it gives you, further down under <products>. Or both!
Might want to create a copy of the file before you edit it though, in the off chance your cat jumps on the keyboard while you're editing or something.  ;D

<!-- ========================= Electrolyzer ==========================-->
  <RecipeDef>
    <defName>ProduceSilicon</defName>
    <label>produce silicon from stone</label>
    <description>Produce silicon from stone</description>
    <jobString>Producing Silicon from stone</jobString>
    <workAmount>1200</workAmount>
    <workSpeedStat>SmeltingSpeed</workSpeedStat>
    <effectWorking>Smelt</effectWorking>
    <soundWorking>Recipe_Smelt</soundWorking>
    <ingredients>
      <li>
        <filter>
          <categories>
            <li>StoneBlocks</li>
          </categories>
        </filter>
        <count>35</count> <------------------------------------------------------------------
      </li>
    </ingredients>
    <products>
      <Silicon>1</Silicon>
    </products>
    <fixedIngredientFilter>
      <categories>
        <li>StoneBlocks</li>
      </categories>
    </fixedIngredientFilter>
    <workSkill>Crafting</workSkill>
  </RecipeDef>
#StopPluginAbuse

AcneZebra

Thanks! Is that file path only for non-steam workshop versions? Running into problems finding the file in steamapps, might just need to manage glittertechs install manually.

Deimos Rast

Yeah, that's for manual, but Steam isn't too different, just getting there is a little more convoluted.

Edit: I'm on Linux, so my file path is going to be a bit different:
/home/user/.steam/steam/steamapps/workshop/content/294100/725576127
Your's will probably be (a wild guess)
Users/YourNameHere/Steam/SteamApps/Workshop/Content/294100/725576127

I'll edit this in a second when I'm at the proper computer (at breakfast atm ;D), but get to your Steam folder, go to Workshop > Content > 294100 > 725576127 which is the GlitterTech folder, then the path should be the same from there. If you can't find it, do a search of your computer for an About.xml file that contains the word "Glitter" and you should get you within the mod directory (you'll be in GlitterTech/About/About.xml and you want GlitterTech/Defs/RecipeDefs/whatever I said to go in yesterday.xml)
Savy?
;)

===========================
Also, to people saying this mod should have documentation: CCL Help menu is your friend. Unfortunately of course it's not available for A15 yet, but in A14 it provides all the documentation you could want (recipes, how to build things, etc).
#StopPluginAbuse

squirrel gnut

Day 300....Still no Silicone, Neutroamine, or Ethanol. How do I find/create these.....

Deimos Rast

Quote from: squirrel gnut on September 12, 2016, 01:48:52 PM
Day 300....Still no Silicone, Neutroamine, or Ethanol. How do I find/create these.....
Silcon (Electrolyzer)
Requires stone blocks (25-35 or so)

Ethanol (Electrolyzer)
Requires raw berries (40)

Neutroamine...bad news friend. That's a stock resource, with no recipe. I was going to suggest an alternative mod that has a precursor for it, but I don't think it's been fully added yet.

The ethanol recipe could/should probably be expanded to include Corn, something at least renewable, although that crop is for many reasons not ideal (slow growing and delicious). I wouldn't be opposed to writing such a recipe, provided someone can come up with a number for a Corn to Ethanol ratio that sounds reasonable (I'm talking from a gameplay perspective, not real world - we future tech now ;D). Don't want to imbalance things.
#StopPluginAbuse

QuantumX

For the ethanol recipe, you can just grow "Strawberries" in your grow spots these become berries when harvested...

QuantumX

One question i have about the Glittertech mod, is can you make the weapons and nano suites etc? or are they only available from traders.

Atm i cannot seem to find a way to make the items?