[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

HBKRKO619

My first feedback : sad.
Sad because the 2 mods everybody should must have (in my opinion) to play correctly in the extra late game are no more compatible (glitter tech and cybernetic storm).
I play only extra heavy modded game (more than 100 mod activated) and it seem extreme but the fact that I can't play with those 2 mods in the same time anymore just actually made me don't want to play to Rimworld anymore   :o (yeah, I know, really extreme but that's how I feel actually).
I will probably wait for alpha 9 hoping it will made those 2 must have extra late game mods compatible again.

Asfalto

Quote from: HBKRKO619 on February 10, 2015, 07:44:02 PM
My first feedback : sad.
Sad because the 2 mods everybody should must have (in my opinion) to play correctly in the extra late game are no more compatible (glitter tech and cybernetic storm).
I play only extra heavy modded game (more than 100 mod activated) and it seem extreme but the fact that I can't play with those 2 mods in the same time anymore just actually made me don't want to play to Rimworld anymore   :o (yeah, I know, really extreme but that's how I feel actually).
I will probably wait for alpha 9 hoping it will made those 2 must have extra late game mods compatible again.

Actually i'm sad about Bionics..

tuver

Feed back so far. Replicators aren't bad. So far they have been the ones attacking me. The black market traders are more frequent. I actually had two at once and after they left another showed up. Haven't yet had a chance to try the advance bionics. I didn't have the coin when they had them, now that I have the coin, they are a no show. Haven't seen the corp yet.

Vonholtz

Dam you LoL. I just started a new game with like 30 mods. The most I have put on at one time. And I have a good run and a new mod(ok old one updated) comes out that I want to added in. I will have to think about starting over now. I find any mod that have faction in them I need a new planet to put them in. Anyway I will have to give yours a try after all I have 8 factions in my game now whats a few more.  :D

Sam_

Quote from: Vonholtz on February 11, 2015, 01:52:21 AM
Dam you LoL. I just started a new game with like 30 mods. The most I have put on at one time. And I have a good run and a new mod(ok old one updated) comes out that I want to added in. I will have to think about starting over now. I find any mod that have faction in them I need a new planet to put them in. Anyway I will have to give yours a try after all I have 8 factions in my game now whats a few more.  :D

If you really want to keep your original colony you can always edit the files in the world folder. I'm sure there's a step by step somewhere on this thread, but you just need to find the data about factions and add the new factions by copy and pasting.

Vonholtz

Quote from: Sam_ on February 11, 2015, 12:52:53 PM
Quote from: Vonholtz on February 11, 2015, 01:52:21 AM

If you really want to keep your original colony you can always edit the files in the world folder. I'm sure there's a step by step somewhere on this thread, but you just need to find the data about factions and add the new factions by copy and pasting.
LoL I know the right size hammer to turn my PC off with and that my skill with computers. I know a lot about computers back in the 1980's (yah apple basic). But as time has gone along I am pushed to my skill level with PC by just getting the mods to work right. Thank you anyway but I am sure in the end a new game will not hurt me...........much.  ;D

Hayhorse

Is glitter tech still compatible with Extended Surgery and Bionics with 0.8? Since Apoth 8 is not compatible with Extended Surgery because they change health related files.

Sam_

The compatiblilty issues come from how operations for pawns work. In the Race_human.xml there are recipes linked directly to the race, which you can perform. To add a new bionic piece, or operation, you need to add a recipe to that list. Unfortunately, the way the xmls are compiled when you activate the mod doesn't seem to allow multiple modifications to the original xml files. So, if two mods both need to modify the list of recipes in the human xml then they wont be compatible. Of course if the recipes were separate like other xml files, I could make an xml called whatever.xml and add a new list of recipes for a medical operation to humans. So far the races_human.xml is the only vanilla xml I have had to modify.

I'll give it time, to see if it's resolved. And if not I'll have to make compatible versions for other mods. The reason I try to avoid this is the shear number of mods that modify the xml. For the sake of argument, let's say there are four mods that I need to make compatible. I would need to make a version for every combination of those four mods and mine. Off the top of my head, meaning probably incorrect, that is like sixteen different versions of my mod. Of course that is why people make mod packs.

Asfalto

I think there is a bug, but i don't know how to "isolate" it

Basically, i have Orion Exoskeleton spines, i have high med colonists, i have medikits, i have medbed.
But the colonist "waits the operation", and i can't give prioritized order to operate him because there isn't the "operate" order..

Curious thing: two out of three my colonists have been already innested..

Hm?

Oh and also: i created a stockpile able to contain ONLY Orion Exoskeleton, i set it on critical importance, yet i can't force the hauling order because "there is no storage configured to hold it"

HMHM? :)

Asfalto

Ok, i obviosly had Bionics and Surgery installed :D

Now everything works

Just one thing i noticed: when enemies drop to besiege the colony, they also build new mortars. Requiring power.
They build them, and then they can't power and use them..

Vonholtz

Not sure if this has been pointed out yet or not. Some Pirates dropped in to the map to besiege my colony. They brought all the making for the auto firing mortars. But did not bring any power with them to run the mortars.

Also on a Cassandra game with casual level setting. About 10 days in to the game I had 4 colonist and 2 turrets. And 80 replicators drop on to the map. They ran me over and there was no way in hell I could have done any thing about it. It was way to many for that early in the game. I am getting the same thing with some of the other factions from other mods. Like I have the imperial guard mod and the orks show up few days after I land with 4 attackers then the next time they show up few days later there 40 of them.( likely the way it would be in WH40K.) But before I added in the Glitter tech they come with a slower progression. Now after Glitter tech it come fast and with much greater numbers. Now 40 orks I can deal with but I will lose people and like lose the next time anyone attacks. But no mater how easy it is to kill replicators over orks 80 is way to many.

I am not sure if this is some thing to do with just your mod or how your mod works with the others. I did not see numbers like this till I put on and started a new game with the Glitter tech mod. All be it the orks go up fast in numbers it never been a jump of 4 to 40 before.  :)

EBM

Seeing a trio of Orion MBTs pop out of a crashed ship part alongside mechanoids early in the game is both hilarious and disturbing. Intended?

SundayTuesday

Quote from: EBM on February 13, 2015, 11:07:58 PM
Seeing a trio of Orion MBTs pop out of a crashed ship part alongside mechanoids early in the game is both hilarious and disturbing. Intended?

I feel like it isn't Replicator Horde did it too.
"When your kingdom is attacked, Do not flee.
Show them WHY it is your kingdom!"

Hayhorse

Teleportation motor's anyone? ( Look at FTL Bomb weapons for a good idea for designs and types. )

BinaryBlackhole

If possible I would like any storage block you make to show everything that is stored as normal storage blocks from other mods only show a stack of 75 Meaning you need to use a small higher priority stockpile for any resource where you may use over 75 of that resource in a signal item or structure.