[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

Karnej

Quote from: Grynnreaper on February 25, 2015, 03:16:03 PM
Is it normal on basebuilder mode that 16 of those purple helmet (hehe) guys visit at a time?
phoebe basebuilder and basebuilder difficulty
That is the same problem I'm having but on the second to easiest diff. I think it is partly because the mod is balanced against itself and I'm using a couple other mods but I'm not sure what to do against them, or how to keep my wealth low enough. I tried changing the rarity or w/e but I'm not that great at editing so I don't think I made a difference.

Boboid

Heh... breaking down Replicators on a machining table without sufficiently high efficency can yield " 0 " steel which colonists can't handle, might want to look into that!
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

jeper99

how do i install the advance bionic lims? i cant seem to get it work

lude

Heyho here is a compability patch to make it work with Cyberstorm, Zombiecalypse, Slavers as well as Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering.

for sake of telling stuff from each other i renamed all Cybernetic/Bionic implants to have a GT in the middle

My advice would be creating a new bodyparts.xml like GT_BodyParts that would greatly increase compability, as well as for the hediff_addedpars etc, just your mod initials makes it random enough for none else to accidentally pick the same (which could happen with advancedresearch)

also i dunno exactly how it works, but in your bodyparts there aren't any eyes etc defined, but i don't have much knowledge about modding anyway

also a really great mod I usually, just with a little tweaked down equipment since I use so many other mods and sometimes had people rushing around with 300-600 movement speed.

also it seems that prosthethics creator already created a glitter/cyber/prosthetics patch to be found on either the cyber or  prosthetic topic, it's included here since the work was already done when i tracked it down among the xmls

i guess both rars work fine in any scenario and the one that merges more is more useful

[attachment deleted due to age]

Sam_

Good work on the patch. However earlier in this thread I have stated the issues with mod compatibility, but I suppose I'll re-iterate here. The names of xmls don't cause compatibility issues, every mod maker can name their research def advancedResearch without issues. When the game is load it takes the xml data, and puts all of the defs in a "pool" which the game loads on demand. A very basic way of explaining a complicated procedure, but understanding this helps. Issues with compatibility actually come from have the same things defined. For example I'll have a gun defined as <thingdef>CoolGun</thingdef> and anyone with a same named gun with have compatibility problems. The issues with my mod and the ones you have named stems from the way operations work. You define a recipe, and then link that recipe in the Races_human.xml, which means you have to redefine a vanilla "thingdef", specifically the definition of human pawns, arguably one of the most important.
I have heard that cybneticStorm works with my mod when you load that mod last. So, I would assume the dev for that mod has added my recipes to his pool, which I try to avoid, so I don't have to spend hours writing compatibility for every mod that edits human pawns.

HBKRKO619

Quote from: lude on February 26, 2015, 08:51:48 PM
Heyho here is a compability patch to make it work with Cyberstorm, Zombiecalypse, Slavers as well as Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering.

for sake of telling stuff from each other i renamed all Cybernetic/Bionic implants to have a GT in the middle

My advice would be creating a new bodyparts.xml like GT_BodyParts that would greatly increase compability, as well as for the hediff_addedpars etc, just your mod initials makes it random enough for none else to accidentally pick the same (which could happen with advancedresearch)

also i dunno exactly how it works, but in your bodyparts there aren't any eyes etc defined, but i don't have much knowledge about modding anyway

also a really great mod I usually, just with a little tweaked down equipment since I use so many other mods and sometimes had people rushing around with 300-600 movement speed.

also it seems that prosthethics creator already created a glitter/cyber/prosthetics patch to be found on either the cyber or  prosthetic topic, it's included here since the work was already done when i tracked it down among the xmls

i guess both rars work fine in any scenario and the one that merges more is more useful

Thanks for the compatibility patch man, I use Cybernetic Storm, Zombie Apocalypse and Glitter Tech so it will be very usefull for me :)

kelwyn

Are replicators meant to just sit there and do nothing? I tried disabling all other mods and they still just sit there.

gameismyname

Quote from: kelwyn on February 27, 2015, 05:17:32 PM
Are replicators meant to just sit there and do nothing? I tried disabling all other mods and they still just sit there.

^This.  I've been having issues with this too.

Wendigo

Orion Corp, whether friendly or hostile, seems to send /massive/ groups your way, with up to 20 pawns with friendly visits and (with miscellaneous) trader visits, and seem to send four to five as many soldiers when attacking, compared to commandos and pirates.  In addition, the MBTs themselves seem buggy.  They don't spawn with a ranged weapon, their low speed means they can't keep up with the infantry, and they seem to wander randomly like animals do. 

Beyond that, liking the mod, though commandos can seem a bit unstoppable unless you happen to have serious long-range weaponry.  Their fire-inflicting weapons get free stuns (from panicked flailing) on anyone they hit, and this usually drives your colonists out of cover to be quickly exterminated, especially since commandos show up in comparable numbers to pirates.

kelwyn

Wendigo: I think the points costs for Orion are set low, so it's buying many pawns. A tribal warrior is 38 points; an Orion Corp soldier is only 20 points!

If you increase the points costs in PawnKinds_OCSoldier.xml it should buy less soldiers.

Sam_

Thanks for the input. It's always hard as a mod maker to gauge the right values to put in. I was after a horde of soldiers so I lowered it quite a bit. Of course, it wont be until you guys tell how disastrous the outcome is that I know I've unbalanced it. I'll nerf them shortly, and hopefully find out why tanks behave like muffalos...

icew0lfnz

I'm not sure if this has been said, I kinda don't really want to read through the entire thread but I have noticed that your glitter faction guys or w/e, when they visit to my base, they sometimes have no food so they rock into my freezer and steal mine.

Now I'm all for humor and it was quite funny to watch, if I had spare beds and bathrooms, I picture some overpowered tech soldiers eating, sleeping then crapping (without flushing) then leaving my "hotel" without payment.

Just thought I'd share this experience.

Great mod.

Rathael

Ha! I noticed that today too. About 20 guys all descended on my freezer at the same time and ate a bunch of lavish meals at my table.

Sam_

Well, that's payment in return for their protection. You could always attack them. :P

I actually like that as a feature, a big corporation taking what they want from your colony. You better make some extra meals. Or lock the doors to the freezer I guess.

Dragoon

I just add in another room when they come by I lock it on them. so much for eating my food :D.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.