[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

rab397

i dont know if this has been reported before but somehow this mod renders the exo skeletons from other mods un usable.

Omen297

When i downloaded the capability patch you made for several mods, the debug window pops up saying it can not resolve cross-reference with every organ and body part that is apart of your mod and CyberStorm. I thought i should tell you.

kathars1s

Hey, love the mod, thank you.

This is directed at anyone who may have encountered this before. I figure it's either a load order issue or maybe just plain incompatibility.

Basically, the replicators just sit there and do nothing, and the log gets spammed with the following for each replicator spawned:

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)
Race_ReplicatorSmall1177261 threw exception while determining job: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.Decorator_UpdateEnemyTarget.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.ThinkNode_Duty.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.ThinkNode_Conditional.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Subtree.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.TryFindAndStartJob () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  curJob=null

Mods and order are:
-<ModsConfigData>
<buildNumber>727</buildNumber>
-<activeMods>
<li>Core</li>
<li>EdBInterface</li>
<li>EdBPrepareCarefully</li>
<li>Glassworks</li>
<li>GlitterTech</li>
<li>CyberneticStorm</li>
<li>T-ExpandedCloth</li>
<li>T-ConditionRed</li>
<li>T-CoreCropTweaks</li>
<li>T-ExpandedCrops</li>
<li>T-MiscStuff</li>
<li>T-MoreBedsCloth</li>
<li>T-MoreBedsVanilla</li>
<li>T-MoreFloors</li>
<li>Priorityhaul</li>
<li>EdBModOrder</li>
</activeMods>
</ModsConfigData>

Just basically wondering if someone can see an obvious problem with load order, or knows of two of those mods that don't work together.

Seems to be the only issue, and I can live with it. It would be nice to have them actually attack though, even if there is like 80 of them hah.

Thanks for any time spent looking.

Agent32

Black market treader don't sell and don't buy anything.

Vonholtz

Quote from: kelwyn on February 27, 2015, 05:17:32 PM
Are replicators meant to just sit there and do nothing? I tried disabling all other mods and they still just sit there.
Same thing replicators just come on to the map and sit there. I have to go hunt them down. It has happened every time they come on to the map even drop podding in sense this mod move up to Alpha 9/

harpo99999

I even had a replicator attack drop INSIDE my small base compound (I expected to get wiped out from this), but my colonists anniallated the replicators in a few seconds without ANY injuries

Undecided

Is it just me, or do many of the buildings in this mod (I'm looking at you, Xenon-Ion Turbine and Matter Assembler) have relatively loud ambient noises that tend to overpower the other sounds? I'm finding myself starting to build them far away from my main base just so I don't have to hear them.

I'm curious if it's just me or not. I know in vanilla Rimworld none of the structures produce ambient noise; you only have pawns working and nature producing sound. So I'm wondering if I'm just not used to there being a constant, steady, non-stop ambient tone in the background, or if it's something that actually bugs others. Maybe I'll have to pull open the sound files and tweak the volume on them.

(P.S., it's a genuine question, not an attempt to complain or anything. I love this mod, keep up the good work!)

Sam_

Quote from: Agent32 on March 01, 2015, 01:51:41 PM
Black market treader don't sell and don't buy anything.

Has anyone else had this issue? It's the first I have heard of it.

Quote from: Vonholtz on March 01, 2015, 09:07:56 PM
Quote from: kelwyn on February 27, 2015, 05:17:32 PM
Are replicators meant to just sit there and do nothing? I tried disabling all other mods and they still just sit there.
Same thing replicators just come on to the map and sit there. I have to go hunt them down. It has happened every time they come on to the map even drop podding in sense this mod move up to Alpha 9/

It seems that faction is somewhat buggy. It's the first faction I have created in entirety, meaning all bodydefs, and racedefs. If it's exceptionally annoying I recommend you go into the world save file and comment out or delete the faction, until I have it fixed.

Quote from: Undecided on March 02, 2015, 12:14:39 AM
Is it just me, or do many of the buildings in this mod (I'm looking at you, Xenon-Ion Turbine and Matter Assembler) have relatively loud ambient noises that tend to overpower the other sounds? I'm finding myself starting to build them far away from my main base just so I don't have to hear them.

I can reduce the volume easily in the soundDef folder, I shall tweak it in the next patch.

Undecided

Quote from: Sam_ on March 02, 2015, 02:44:21 AMI can reduce the volume easily in the soundDef folder, I shall tweak it in the next patch.

Awesome. And if I make a suggestion, when adjusting the sound levels keep in mind that certain buildings may be more prone than others to be built in bulk.

What I mean is that the hugely demanding Matter Fabricator is unlikely ever to have more than one in a room, while on the other hand, power generators like the Xenon-Ion Turbine is far more likely to have several built clustered together in the same area (thus players will have to hear multiple, identical ambient sfx playing at once).

So while you should reduce both, I would probably see about reducing the Xenon-Ion turbine much more than the Matter Fabricators' ambient noise, relatively speaking.

MagnusTorne

Quote from: kathars1s on March 01, 2015, 01:40:45 PM
Basically, the replicators just sit there and do nothing, and the log gets spammed with the following for each replicator spawned:

Seems to be the only issue, and I can live with it. It would be nice to have them actually attack though, even if there is like 80 of them hah.

Thanks for any time spent looking.

I can report the same error

SkyBreach

Awesome mod  :D

But when i "mix" Glitter tech + Weed Mod i get a Bug.
When the game start, the Pawns dont move, they basically do nothing. (Hauling materials, mining, harvesting, hunting... they ignore all of his assignments) Sad.

I do not know if you guys knew this already, but i just want to inform you about this issue if you wanna try "mix" these 2 mods.
Knowledge is Power

Dragoon

Quote from: Undecided on March 03, 2015, 03:17:37 PM
While nanoweave is slow to grow, it only requires extremely common resources to setup and operate nanoponics basins -- electricity and steel -- meaning you can build them in massive numbers to completely negate the slow grow speed.

If you build enough of anything then of course it will negate the slow growth I don't think it should change considering how fast thing degrade and how price (as well as craftsmanship) affect the items price.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Undecided

On an unrelated note, I found a major bug with sieges... I don't know if it's been reported yet or not, so I'll bring it up just in case. AI siegers usually build automated mortars (or cruise missiles) instead of manned mortars. Since they don't also build power sources, they effectively just build mortars that never attack you, and instead just stand around and die of the cold, or let themselves get shelled by your mortars.

And a minor, related issue: after beating a siege you can disassemble said mortars to unlock a pile of titanium and computer components, meaning sieges give you much larger rewards (or let you unlock advanced glittertech much earlier than you normally could). This despite the fact the siege's difficulty isn't any higher than it is in vanilla.

Undecided

Another issue: When dismantling replicators at the Machining Table, they seem to "drop" a x0 (yes, it says zero) stack of steel. This creates an infinite loop bug with the AI when performing a task that needs steel -- they try to pick up the steel (but leave the actual x0 stack behind), bring the zero steel to their work location, realize they don't have enough, and return to the x0 stack. They will go back and forth forever until they stop doing the task that needs steel, unless they quit the task (going to eat or sleep) or a new, closer stack of steel appears for them to pick up instead.

Sam_

The next patch for my mod should be released very soon, mostly bug fixes.

However I have run into a snag, perhaps somebody here may help. The replicators in v0.81 just sit still, unmoving, and the version before they spawned during events with mechanoids, ie: the ship part crash. This is because they previously had a line in their xml <mechanoid>True</mechanoid>, which is what the engine checks for when choosing pawns to spawn with the mechanoid incidents. Upon removing this line they just stand still, being unlinked with the relevant ai code. There is another line; <thinkTree>mechanoid</thinkTree> which is actually defined in a def. I tried creating a def relevant to the replicators, perhaps removing the need for the previous line of xml and there is no change. I have already tried changing those to humanoid and animal tags instead, all causing strange and amusing results. Perhaps I missed something obvious, or perhaps I need to write a dll, any help is appreciated.

Quote from: Undecided on March 05, 2015, 04:21:02 PM
Another issue: When dismantling replicators at the Machining Table, they seem to "drop" a x0 (yes, it says zero) stack of steel. This creates an infinite loop bug with the AI when performing a task that needs steel -- they try to pick up the steel (but leave the actual x0 stack behind), bring the zero steel to their work location, realize they don't have enough, and return to the x0 stack. They will go back and forth forever until they stop doing the task that needs steel, unless they quit the task (going to eat or sleep) or a new, closer stack of steel appears for them to pick up instead.

I have tested this myself and I have been unable to replicate (no pun intended) this error. I always recieve two steel and one plasteel. Perhaps you could give me more detailed information. This recipe is not defined the same as other crafting recipes, so perhaps the yield is dependent on how damage the body is.