[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

rexx1888

rexx1888

on the laser fire note.. its pretty hardcore... not broken, but maybe a bit too spiral of death-y. like, not only do you get hit for a boatload of damage from the apb weapons, but they ALSO set your dudes on fire so they run out of cover.

if there was only one gun that did it, an it was rare and short range, that could be super awesome, as it is right now though fending off sieges is a bit hit an miss :\

Jim2M

Looks great! Suggestion: variations of the tank model for mining and auto-hauling.
Why get your hands dirty when you can use Glitter tech?

SadisticNemesis

I currently have the most up to date version of this mod *and game of course* and I'm still getting replicators dropping in when it says they're disabled? *new world, clean save.*

Goldsmyths

Here's my 2 cents:
Glitter tech at the current version (0.9) has arguably the best ranged fighting potential among mods.
While good for us, it's equally bad when the Commandos decided to attack you.
An example of a working tactic I found to counter even the commandos:
Have as many EMRG-1 sniping from as far away as possible.
Have 2-3 people with OC Defense Rifle waiting in ambush between the snipers and the enemies. When the enemy decides to head to the sniper, the ambush team will rain bullets at them.
Why no APB? If you can actually fire your APB, the commandos can also fire theirs. Assuming they always have more people, it basically means your pants is on fire.

rexx1888

Quote from: Jim2M on March 15, 2015, 01:34:08 PM
Looks great! Suggestion: variations of the tank model for mining and auto-hauling.
Why get your hands dirty when you can use Glitter tech?

im not really fussed per se. As i mention, its a rad mechanic, but its seems to me to be an unintended side effect that makes glitter tech ridiculous compared to anything else. Even mechanoids go a bit weird when you set them on fire. Its also rad and fun to deal with, but it just didnt seem intended. Like, i like gliterworld tech, but its supposed to be expensive and hard to get and not always the very best choice... but apb weapons turn up with raiders and are clearly the single best type of weapon for dealing with problems :) anyway, no big either way

Treason5240

Quote from: SadisticNemesis on March 16, 2015, 11:44:28 AM
I currently have the most up to date version of this mod *and game of course* and I'm still getting replicators dropping in when it says they're disabled? *new world, clean save.*

v 8 is still the version that's linked, for some reason.  I cannot find a download link for v 9.

SadisticNemesis

Quote from: Treason5240 on March 17, 2015, 07:56:06 PM

v 8 is still the version that's linked, for some reason.  I cannot find a download link for v 9.

Ah well that explains it.... bugger.

frozenfanboy

Hi i'm new here and when i downloaded this mode i get some errors about body parts,And i only have
:Mods
More Vanilla Turrets
EdbInterface
RimWorld-Enhanced-Defence
Zombie Apocalypse
Wave Survival Mode
EdBPrepareCarefully
LT_RedistHeat
And i don't know the other one but it was a mod where you can make friendly robots like medics and miners and dig ore from the ground,if you do know that mod then pls fix it or is the mod even work with the mods i have listed?

Zeni

nooby question cause i cant find the readme for this anywhere, where do you get the magnets/ titanium/ building equipment? and can i drop this mod in and load up my colony or do i have to start fresh? sorry for the boring questions

HBKRKO619

Quote from: frozenfanboy on March 19, 2015, 10:07:00 PM
Hi i'm new here and when i downloaded this mode i get some errors about body parts,And i only have
:Mods
More Vanilla Turrets
EdbInterface
RimWorld-Enhanced-Defence
Zombie Apocalypse
Wave Survival Mode
EdBPrepareCarefully
LT_RedistHeat
And i don't know the other one but it was a mod where you can make friendly robots like medics and miners and dig ore from the ground,if you do know that mod then pls fix it or is the mod even work with the mods i have listed?

Your problem come from an incompatibility between this mod and Zombie Apocalypse. :)

HBKRKO619

Quote from: Zeni on March 21, 2015, 04:28:08 AM
nooby question cause i cant find the readme for this anywhere, where do you get the magnets/ titanium/ building equipment? and can i drop this mod in and load up my colony or do i have to start fresh? sorry for the boring questions

New start needed because this mod add a new faction :)

Fox

check link in 1 post.. its on 0.8

* and update about in files

BEIC

Really love this mod, for the futuristic style.

One suggestion though, the buzzing sound of Xenon Turbine is a little bit annoying if one chooses to build it near the main base, could you turn down its volume or lower its pitch?

AllenWL

Can you make hyperwheave and synthread with this mod?