[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

Sam_

Yes it works regardless of gender.

Damn, I guess the reference could be a little confusing.

Flxsource

I'm getting a whole bunch of failed cross-references seemingly for GT Implants. I've downloaded the latest version from both Moddb and dropbox which claim to be v1.0, yet the About.xml labels them as v0.91. Am I doing something stupid here?

Sam_

I always forget to update the about.xmls, oops.
Both downloads should be v1.0 as I have released the update a while ago and you are the first to have this issue. As to the issue, it could be other mods, old saves, and such issues like that. Medical operations are not easily compatible across different mods, so it is probably that.

Adamiks

Quote from: Sam_ on May 26, 2015, 04:57:56 AM
Both downloads should be v1.0 as I have released the update a while ago and you are the first to have this issue. As to the issue, it could be other mods, old saves, and such issues like that. Medical operations are not easily compatible across different mods, so it is probably that.

About Races_Humanoid.Def you can always use <recipeusers>human<recipeusers> in thingDef of body part. But i think that the better way is just creating a simple fixes for other mods.

Colonist51

Is this mod compatible with Combat Realism?

Flxsource

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately it's not other mods - this is on a fresh install. There are old saves (although I haven't used them with this) but the problem persists even after deleting them.

This is using 10.785 on Linux.

Sam_

Quote from: Flxsource on May 26, 2015, 05:56:48 PM

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately it's not other mods - this is on a fresh install. There are old saves (although I haven't used them with this) but the problem persists even after deleting them.

This is using 10.785 on Linux.

That's very strange. The only way I could test further would be to try in Linux. Perhaps you can try with an install on windows? That may fix it, but I could not imagine why. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Quote from: Adamiks on May 26, 2015, 05:52:39 AM
About Races_Humanoid.Def you can always use <recipeusers>human<recipeusers> in thingDef of body part. But i think that the better way is just creating a simple fixes for other mods.

I was unaware you could use that method with operations on pawns. I'll test this soon.

Adamiks

Quote from: Sam_ on May 27, 2015, 05:08:13 AM
I was unaware you could use that method with operations on pawns. I'll test this soon.

Little mistake. You can set recipe user in RecipeDef (surgeryDef), here is example:
<RecipeDef ParentName="SurgeryBrainPal">
<defName>InstallBionicTacticalImplant</defName>
<label>install bionic BrainPal</label>
<description>Installs a bionic BrainPal.</description>
<workerClass>Recipe_InstallArtificialBodyPart</workerClass>
<jobString>Installing bionic BrainPal.</jobString>
<workAmount>2000</workAmount>
<ingredients>
<li>
<filter>
<categories>
<li>Medicine</li>
</categories>
</filter>
<count>1</count>
</li>
<li>
<filter>
<thingDefs>
<li>BionicTacticalImplant</li>
</thingDefs>
</filter>
<count>1</count>
</li>
</ingredients>
<fixedIngredientFilter>
<categories>
<li>Medicine</li>
</categories>
<thingDefs>
<li>BionicTacticalImplant</li>
</thingDefs>
</fixedIngredientFilter>
<appliedOnFixedBodyParts>
<li>Brain</li>
</appliedOnFixedBodyParts>
<addsHediff>BionicTacticalImplant</addsHediff>
<recipeUsers>
<li>Human</li>
</recipeUsers>
</RecipeDef>

zodium

Is there a known crash bug related to OC or Arrow Men raids? Everything works great, except that Rimworld seems to hang whenever a raid from these groups is almost defeated. I can't tell what is happening because of the freeze, and my tests are inconclusive.

• The problem consistently and only occurs when an OC/AM raid is nearly defeated.
  • Using "Kill all enemies" debug command triggers the crash instantly during OC/AM raids.
  • Repeatedly saving the game during an OC/AM raid leads to a point where the game will freeze as soon as you press play.
  • After extensive manual map cleaning (removed ~2000 entities) and removing inventory drops from the XML files, the problem did not improve―at all.

I imagine there isn't a workaround (would be really nice if there was, though!), but I thought it would be helpful to report it. I can upload a save, if it is helpful. Thanks for a great mod all the same.

Update: Destroying most of the last commandos in a raid via debug, then letting turrets and colonists finish the rest, allowed me to proceed. Maybe it's a specific commando, or a specific item drop? Nothing I can find, though.

Bodog999

Sam_ I've noticed a little annoying bug when I equip either one of the Skin Suits, they give a permanent "Naked" debuff which is impossible to remove, not even changing clothes or changing the save file. Its there, permanently and invulnerable. Its nothing major but it is very annoying.

EDIT: Nvm I found out that the Skin Suits dont cover the legs, thats why my colonists get a naked debuff :P Would it be possible to maybe also make a Skin Suit Pants?

SirLeonardo

zodium

Quote from: SirLeonardo on June 07, 2015, 03:35:24 PM
How do I make titanium?

You can make it from plasteel in the electrolyzer.

Mrshilka

I have played this mod a ton and love the nano suits and super biotic upgrades but I have noticed a few thing about this mod that I am unsure about or possible unseen clashing with other mods.

Orion and the Commando faction have no break point, they will keep attacking until they are ALL dead, is this working as intended?

The power of the commandos seems insane especially since they can and do start raiding you within 6 months, Using Combat realism weapons that give me 3 to 5x the enemies range with enhanced damage and they still endlessly soak up fire. I have no idea how you're meant to stop a 20+ man raid of commandos with vanilla weapons and defences let alone the 300+ ones I see 2 years in in my modded games.

SirLeonardo

FireRat

I wait not so patiently for droids.