[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

Sam_

Quote from: Bodog999 on June 12, 2015, 04:33:47 PM
Got attacked by a squad, THEY ARE SO DAMN HARD! They punched through 3 shields in less than 30 seconds. The shields had a total value of 10255 total, combined.

You could always build some advanced turrets, or perhaps change your defense tactics from a brute force wall of colonists and turrets to something better.
Keep in mind raid sizes scale up as your game continues. So, if you add this mod into existing colonies where you have been around for four years you will get decimated by commandos before you can build anything.

rsof69

Bodog999

Yeah, the defence on that colony needs to be drastically improved. Problem is is that there's just not enough space, farms are in the front and trading pile just above. Currently I'm using 3 fortress shields to protect me. But even if I would upgrade my defence and put even more shields, I will still lose. The commando's will punch through my shields and set my colonists on fire, slowly decreasing the firepower on the commando's.

EDIT: Oh I forgot, the mod has been in scince the start of the colony and I'm playing on a custom stortyteller (Hildegarde Epic) on extreme difficulty. Even on lower difficulties my shields will just vaporize.

SupremeSoviet

Update Soon?  This is one of the few mods I cant live without.  It actually gives me reliable power generation once I blow most of my wealth for the parts. I need this mod lol.

Goldsmyths

True enough this mod is really good. Been using it since it's first release.
Problem I always have? Burning colonist.
They should make a convention on banning those weapon. Oh wait!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convention_on_Certain_Conventional_Weapons#Protocol_III:_Incendiary_Weapons

rsof69

Quote from: bigmap on June 27, 2015, 07:54:04 AM
I modified the A10 GlitterTech to A11,welcomed the trial!
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1o6zKaJS

dont do this mesage the author first

bigmap

Ouan

I was hoping to see the update. I took a vacation to see if it would arrive when I came back into town. <sigh> Actually, I hope that all goes well for this awesome mod maker! Take your time and don't worry about the existential crisis that we have when there is a new update in the Alpha cycle. Despite our fanboy (and girl) status for your awesome mod if you took an even or odd Alpha approach to updates I am sure that we could (possibly) contain ourselves. There are literally hundreds of mods to explore and we can certainly give them a shot or six whilst we eagerly await the return of your awesomeness to allow us to once again lose in a reign of terror inspired by evil commando raiders!
Damn Pirates!

johiah

This mod is op when used in conjunction with mechanical defenses' ore mines. infinite silver to buy coils and stuff. now my colony is still only 4 super soldiers 1 and a half years into the game on cassandra classic challenge difficulty.
"My best warden has no jaw"

pktongrimworld

hmmm any reply from the op at all?

if abandoned, someone  could pick it up.

Slowtapus

Quote from: pktongrimworld on July 09, 2015, 05:54:26 PM
hmmm any reply from the op at all?

if abandoned, someone  could pick it up.

I've updated a stripped down version for personal use. I removed all the added body parts etc. so that it would be compatible with other surgery type mods. I haven't gotten to play with it yet so there might be bugs.

For those who want it: http://www.mediafire.com/download/540yllxnqlws40w/GlitterTech(s4).zip

I'll take it down if Sam_ requests. Sam_ is also welcome to use the files in this update however they want.

Let me know if there are any problems and I'll fix 'em.

Edit: 1. Grammar correction. 2. Bandages no longer bugged. 3. Fixed Xenon-ion.

darkrage000

Quote from: Slowtapus on July 15, 2015, 06:03:05 PM
I've updated a stripped down version for personal use. I removed all the added body parts etc. so that it would be compatible with other surgery type mods. I haven't gotten to play with it yet so there might be bugs.

Let me know if there are any problems and I'll fix 'em.
Edit: 1. Grammar correction. 2. Bandages no longer bugged. 3. Fixed Xenon-Ion.

using S4 version, Xenon-Ion says 'space is occupied'
if i go into God Mode, i can place it as a Green object, but in regular mode, it stays red with the warning

I placed one in  GM and it went down without errors, then deleted it and tried to place again in regular mode.. still no luck, same errors

Slowtapus

Quote from: darkrage000 on July 18, 2015, 02:33:38 PM
using S4 version, Xenon-Ion says 'space is occupied'
if i go into God Mode, i can place it as a Green object, but in regular mode, it stays red with the warning

I placed one in  GM and it went down without errors, then deleted it and tried to place again in regular mode.. still no luck, same errors

Odd. You're right. I had thought I fixed it because there was a problem in the XML data for it that was preventing it from being placed on steam vents in all modes and I fixed that. I'll figure it out, let you know what it was, and post an updated version. If it proves relatively simple I'll have it done in the next few hours.

Edit: I have fixed this in the version I use but it requires CCL and I have made some other changes already as well. So I am not going to post it without permission or some sort of ... more conclusive evidence that Sam_ is gone.

Sam_

kexici

super, love your mod  :) if you want some help send me pm :)