[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

stranger080

Quote from: falloute on August 26, 2015, 01:54:00 PM
How do I get computer components? Can't build any of the factories without them, do I buy them?
Yes you do buy them

Dragoon

Quote from: darkrage000 on August 26, 2015, 09:34:07 AM
-Sam, dont listen to him. if he doesnt like a harder game, then he can go play minecraft.-

Hey! He gave some constructive criticism and pointed out some things.  I like the mod but it can be a waste of time in Some games and there is a difference between hard and insane. I agree you don't just sit there waiting for a trader but it's far from just pawns working it's also waiting for another attack. And to say "Sam, dont listen to him. if he doesnt like a harder game, then he can go play minecraft." is not only impolite but unnecessary not to mention if you can build a spaceship to leave before you get access to most of the tech it the mod would seem very hard and frustrating for you to play with.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Sam_

Quote from: Dragoon on August 26, 2015, 02:28:48 PM
-Sam, dont listen to him. if he doesnt like a harder game, then he can go play minecraft.-

Hey! He gave some constructive criticism and pointed out some things.  I like the mod but it can be a waste of time in Some games and there is a difference between hard and insane. I agree you don't just sit there waiting for a trader but it's far from just pawns working it's also waiting for another attack. And to say "Sam, dont listen to him. if he doesnt like a harder game, then he can go play minecraft." is not only impolite but unnecessary not to mention if you can build a spaceship to leave before you get access to most of the tech it the mod would seem very hard and frustrating for you to play with.

You beat me to exactly what I was going to say in response, thank you. Any criticism that anybody has towards my mod is appreciated, and certainly anybody willing to write such a large response that highlights the points clearly doesn't intended offence or impoliteness. I do concede the point that Titanium has been an issue for many people in the past, where some even see it as a bug. The next content update that I keep ranting about is going to add quite a few new metals, so perhaps I'll take a more traditional approach, or find a better way to either deliver traders or deliver titanium in the form of a sorry mechanoid.
I never considered people actually ending the game by building a ship. Aside from the week the Ship parts were released I never launch them. You mention waiting for attacks, out of curiosity would you prefer the frequency of raids were increased? Some people have trouble fending off Commandos as is.

Tormound

More metals sounds more like clutter than something to actually look forward too... Also are cybernetic parts buildable or are we supposed to buy them?

pktongrimworld

*just goes into the code and edit the values :D

also, anyway to make something that repairs all items durability by just having it in the room?

^have been using mendthings but tried of fixing each piece individually

ThePhoenix007

Quote from: Sam_ on August 26, 2015, 06:32:09 PM
Quote from: Dragoon on August 26, 2015, 02:28:48 PM

You beat me to exactly what I was going to say in response, thank you. Any criticism that anybody has towards my mod is appreciated, and certainly anybody willing to write such a large response that highlights the points clearly doesn't intended offence or impoliteness. I do concede the point that Titanium has been an issue for many people in the past, where some even see it as a bug. The next content update that I keep ranting about is going to add quite a few new metals, so perhaps I'll take a more traditional approach, or find a better way to either deliver traders or deliver titanium in the form of a sorry mechanoid.
I never considered people actually ending the game by building a ship. Aside from the week the Ship parts were released I never launch them. You mention waiting for attacks, out of curiosity would you prefer the frequency of raids were increased? Some people have trouble fending off Commandos as is.

Thank you both for stepping up and saying exactly what my intent was,  From what I've experienced from the mod, I thoroughly enjoy it and Not only appreciate your hard work, but enjoy working hard to achieve something in game(I'm not looking for "Freebies") as the other person put it in not so many words.  I appreciate you listening to constructive feedback. As I said, I was probably just boned by the RNG and understand its a vital part of the game.  I look forward to the content update and the inclusion of more materials, and will continue to play it regardless of whether or not you change the method of accessing the tech.  Thanks again!

Wendigo

Enjoying the Alpha 12 update greatly, though I'm having a bit of trouble fighting off the commandos.  Even if I fight dirty and use heavily shielded colonists as bait to soak up gunfire, they tend to tear me a new one, and I only ever 'win' those engagements by doing enough damage to convince them to just kidnap people and run off.

Regardless, I'm glad to see this mod updating again. 

Dragoon

Quote from: Sam_ on August 26, 2015, 06:32:09 PM
You mention waiting for attacks, out of curiosity would you prefer the frequency of raids were increased? Some people have trouble fending off Commandos as is.

No the frequency is fine. haha It's really hard they catch you off guard but that is just part of the fun.  ;D
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

BinaryBlackhole

Is the electrolyser supposed to produce one silicon from 45 stone if so i'll just sell the bricks then buy the computer chips industry should be cheaper than buying it on the market.

Sam_

Quote from: BinaryBlackhole on August 29, 2015, 05:02:33 AM
Is the electrolyser supposed to produce one silicon from 45 stone if so i'll just sell the bricks then buy the computer chips industry should be cheaper than buying it on the market.

Well, those giant conglomerates have huge automatic factories processing tons of silicon a day. That would drop the price of commercial computer chips, whereas one electrolyzer used by a colonist would be expensive by comparison.

That's the excuse anyway.

RIPCadbury

Everything about the mod is great, but I honestly thing the APB rifles that the commandos get are a little excessive. A few shots and your colonists get set on fire, even when they're behind quite a bit of cover. Then to make matters worse, they start running around like headless chickens to get rid of the flames only to get absolutely slaughtered by more and more gun fire.

The armor is fine, but the weapons are a little over the top.

Playnot

Guys, has anyone tested this on the 12b/c version?

Iwillbenicetou

That's why you need TURRETS :D Otherwise just get them into a corridor with a but ton of melee stuff and personal shields. You can kill them pretty quickly. Also use the strat with embrasures and stuff
O=colonist
-=wall
+=embrasure

O  O  O
-+--+--+-
ENEMIES

So the colonists are behind walls, and are shooting through the embrasures by leaning into a firing lane
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

harpo99999

Quote from: Playnot on August 29, 2015, 01:53:31 PM
Guys, has anyone tested this on the 12b/c version?
I am using itin my current 12c game

Sam_

Quote from: RIPCadbury on August 29, 2015, 01:38:02 PM
Everything about the mod is great, but I honestly thing the APB rifles that the commandos get are a little excessive. A few shots and your colonists get set on fire, even when they're behind quite a bit of cover. Then to make matters worse, they start running around like headless chickens to get rid of the flames only to get absolutely slaughtered by more and more gun fire.

The armor is fine, but the weapons are a little over the top.

That is as intended. I found that raids from enemies was getting rather stale once you have enough colonists, and you just place them in the same location around the entry to your colony. The purpose of those weapons is to make you re-consider tactics. If you hit them head on with guns your colonists will burn. Melee is an effective countermeasure, I believe the melee weapon of the Orion Corp peacekeepers would be most effective. Or you can hide colonists in separate sealed rooms and attempt to ambush commandos one at a time.