[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

Lady Wolf

Quote from: harpo99999 on August 29, 2015, 05:38:32 PM
I am using itin my current 12c game

Just to confirm, it works fine with 12D as well  8)

boozdeuvash

I'm getting attacked very early on by Orion Tech scumbags with high tech weapons and shields and all... Doesnt seem right, especially compared to what i was getting in the previous version, or the other raids from raiders or tribals showing up around the same time.

Right now my only option is to reload, the guy with an OC rifle typically one-shots anyone. This weapons is ridiculously overpowered by the way, I could hold the line with just a couple of these against anything except mechanoids.

carpediembr

Hey Sam, just registered to thank you for your hard work. It`s an amazing mod, very hardcore, exactly what I was looking for.

Just one quick feedback: Robotic Assembler: for creating the computer components, under Bills, it describe as items needed: 1 gold and 20 silicons, where in fact it is used 20 gold and 20 silicons.

«Temple»

I think its meant to do that...

Sam_

Quote from: carpediembr on August 31, 2015, 02:31:38 PM
Hey Sam, just registered to thank you for your hard work. It`s an amazing mod, very hardcore, exactly what I was looking for.

Just one quick feedback: Robotic Assembler: for creating the computer components, under Bills, it describe as items needed: 1 gold and 20 silicons, where in fact it is used 20 gold and 20 silicons.
yeah, no way around that currently. It states on the production screen some materials represent smaller quantities, such as silver and gold. Gold for example has a 1 to 20 ratio, where the size of 1 steel is the same as 20 gold. I actually wanted the amount of gold smaller for that recipe but the quantity using 0.5 (or 10 gold) instead of 1 caused errors.

skullywag

Sam_ you need to fix some of your folder naming, HeDiff is not right Hediff is, Linux users will be having issues galore because of this, windows is case insensitive whereas Linux is case sensitive. Just helped fix an issue for Undreamed who was having the hediff not found errors. :)
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Undreamed

Quote from: skullywag on September 01, 2015, 08:35:08 AM
Sam_ you need to fix some of your folder naming, HeDiff is not right Hediff is, Linux users will be having issues galore because of this, windows is case insensitive whereas Linux is case sensitive. Just helped fix an issue for Undreamed who was having the hediff not found errors. :)

:D

and Thx for your mod ;)

nikits96

Excellent idea for the mod.
But no balance. Not at all.
Weapons. Resources. Fractions.
5 naked pirates = 5 armed soldiers Orion
10 tribal warriors = 10 heavily armed commando

1 magnetic coils need 10 computer components...
1 computer components need 20 silicone...
1 silicone need 35 Stone blocks...
1*10*20*35=7000
7000 Stone blocks? Really???
7000\20=350 rubble stones

processing takes and carrying stone ~30+~30=~60 sec at normal speed...
350*60=21000 seconds(350 minutes)

1 computer component costs ~350$...

Sam_

Quote from: nikits96 on September 01, 2015, 09:17:31 AM
Excellent idea for the mod.
But no balance. Not at all.
Weapons. Resources. Fractions.
5 naked pirates = 5 armed soldiers Orion
10 tribal warriors = 10 heavily armed commando

1 magnetic coils need 10 computer components...
1 computer components need 20 silicone...
1 silicone need 35 Stone blocks...
1*10*20*35=7000
7000 Stone blocks? Really???
7000\20=350 rubble stones

processing takes and carrying stone ~30+~30=~60 sec at normal speed...
350*60=21000 seconds(350 minutes)

1 computer component costs ~350$...

I forgot I added Fractions. I have already outlined this in a previous thread; Trading for it will always be cheaper then processing advanced technology yourself. It's long and difficult to process the materials, because the trace amount of silicon in stone is small. With the intention of a very difficult mod I would say it is balanced just fine.

With regards to the comparisons between the factions I would be intrigued to see video proof of five naked pirates killing armed Orion soldiers. And considering a large number of complaints about the overall strength of commandos I'd also like to see ten tribals win against ten commandos. Unless of course I've mistaken your intent but the poorly worded comparison.

BinaryBlackhole

Is the Xeon turbine supposed to go any where but on a steam vent
When will you add crafting of these weapons and armour and bionics currently its more of an awesome things to buy and people you will hate mod also silicon cannot be brought so the polys and heavy cables are way two expensive .

boozdeuvash

Quote from: Sam_ on September 02, 2015, 03:00:04 AM
With regards to the comparisons between the factions I would be intrigued to see video proof of five naked pirates killing armed Orion soldiers. And considering a large number of complaints about the overall strength of commandos I'd also like to see ten tribals win against ten commandos. Unless of course I've mistaken your intent but the poorly worded comparison.

I'm pretty sure he meant, around the time you get attacked by five naked pirates, you also get attacked by five well-equiped soldiers.

Since the strength of an attacked is based on the supposed strength of your defenses, there's a little disconnect here.

Personally i've taken steps to modify the defs to increase the minimum time before OC/commando attacks, and reduce the number of rocks necessary for Silicon production. Still toying with what would be a challenging yet fun setting.

Lady Wolf

Quote from: boozdeuvash on September 02, 2015, 10:17:05 AM

Personally i've taken steps to modify the defs to increase the minimum time before OC/commando attacks

Which value/file did you modify to change this? I've been wanting to toy around with making them a touch less frequent myself.

boozdeuvash

Im at work here and I dont know by memory, but in the Defs folder inside the mod folder, there's a factiondef file or something like that. And in this file there is a tag that contains the minimum amount of time before this faction's raids show up.

Same thing for the silicon.

I can give a more accurate answer when I get home, but i'n pretty sure you can figure it out, it's all XML and very readable.

Lady Wolf

Quote from: boozdeuvash on September 02, 2015, 11:12:47 AMI can give a more accurate answer when I get home, but i'n pretty sure you can figure it out, it's all XML and very readable.

Thanks, I was able to find it easily enough from your rough location description. (<earliestRaidDays>30</earliestRaidDays> )

Out of curiosity what values have you experimented with so far? I'm thinking something closer to 45-60 would be a touch better, but will need to play around with it to find out.

boozdeuvash

I just doubled it, and it turned out I had managed to buy a couple of LMGs and sniper rifles by the time I reached the first raid, but I got lucky because I had a lot of gold on the map and the right trader showed up.

If i'm to customize the thing, I'll probably look into having a more dynamic setting where they first show up with pistols and no shields, and gradually get stronger, like the other invaders