Ludeon Forums

Ludeon Forums

• November 13, 2019, 08:37:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 78

Author Topic: [1.0][MODLIST] Glitter Tech  (Read 667559 times)

Iridescens

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
Re: [A12d] Glitter Tech v1.0
« Reply #660 on: September 28, 2015, 04:20:32 PM »

FIXED a typos in BodyParts.xml and BodyPartGroups.xml (some 'Front Leg' copy-pasta magic gone wrong).
If anyone's interested in proper (unlike multiple shattered front legs) hediffs on critters please apply.
Put BodyParts.xml in BodyPartDefs folder and BodyPartGroups.xml to BodyPartGroupDefs.

[attachment deleted due to age]

rexx1888

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: September 30, 2015, 02:29:03 AM »

the issue with commandos isnt the amount of pawns you have to kill them :\ they come equipped with all of your goodies, so nerfing them aint a good idea either. just increase the cost of spawning them, so instead of giving the player more troops to attack them with, you give the commandoes less commandoes.. it also happens to make them actual commandos, solo operators an such.

even then though, the apb weapons are really rad, but the game isnt balanced around them at all. has anyone tested whether low flammability stuff actually helps keep pawns from running around like loons? couse if they it does, you just need to add a bunch of insulated items to your mod to balance out all the flaming death weapons :D

Sam_

• Colonist
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: September 30, 2015, 04:57:09 AM »

The number of pawns you have certainly balance the scales, unless of course you aren't using any tactics and just brute forcing a raid with a wall of turrets like everyone else seems to. Also, I said pawns, not colonists, so picture an army of robots or a massive wave of friendlies coming to support you.

forsaken1111

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: September 30, 2015, 07:16:01 AM »

After losing a few commando raids I eventually just made a long corridor full of traps and made an avoid zone around it for my colonists. My 2 sharpshooters sit at the end with sniper rifles. Now I get regular deliveries of weapons and armor*, and the occasional prisoner full of augmentations and organs.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 07:14:10 AM by forsaken1111 »

rexx1888

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: September 30, 2015, 08:31:29 AM »

drones are cool, i wont say no to drones. Good balance though, doesnt come by adding more an more mechanics to your system. you have to identify why your mechanic isnt working and then solve the problem. if the problem for commando power is that there arent enough bodies for them to shoot at... well, thats a strange problem to have tbh

Sam_

• Colonist
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: September 30, 2015, 07:03:47 PM »

drones are cool, i wont say no to drones. Good balance though, doesnt come by adding more an more mechanics to your system. you have to identify why your mechanic isnt working and then solve the problem. if the problem for commando power is that there arent enough bodies for them to shoot at... well, thats a strange problem to have tbh

Good balance doesn't come when you have more pawns that you can direct around like...pawns? How are you fighting in Rimworld? do you just leave them in doorways and watch them get hit by gunfire? Also I don't see why friendlies coming to help would not help balance it out, seeing as they aren't your work force. Thanks for stating to obvious about mechanics by the way, I'll be sure to remember that because a clearly don't have I firm grasp on the game...

ShellShock220

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: October 07, 2015, 02:45:01 PM »

Hi, I was wondering if you could help me with a problem with the xenon-ion generator not being able to be placed over a geezer.
If I have simply misunderstood the fact it has to be placed over the geezer and it has to be placed near the geezer, I have tried placing it near the geezer in a ceiled metal room with a couple vents and a few coolers. The temperature is between 30 and 140 degrees and it has a power conduit leading to an array of batteries.

please help

Sam_

• Colonist
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 08, 2015, 05:17:26 AM »

Hi, I was wondering if you could help me with a problem with the xenon-ion generator not being able to be placed over a geezer.
If I have simply misunderstood the fact it has to be placed over the geezer and it has to be placed near the geezer, I have tried placing it near the geezer in a ceiled metal room with a couple vents and a few coolers. The temperature is between 30 and 140 degrees and it has a power conduit leading to an array of batteries.

please help

Yes, the Xenon Ion Turbine started conflicting with its Placeworker a few updates ago. The next version will have some fancy DLLs which will fix that among other things.

For now however, simply extract the attachment of this comment anywhere and copy the file into the mods folder and click Yes for all prompts to overwrite. Note: this is NOT to the full mod, just a patch for this issue.

The Xenon Ion Turbine can now be placed anywhere.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Deltaforceops

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 12, 2015, 10:51:04 AM »

actually commandos are pretty weak against rapid-fire weapons(modded vulcan minigunXD)
and against CQB i had 15 commandos raiding me with nearly full nano+some railguns and I survived with only 2 vulcans and 4 colonists with rifles, but can u pls make cheaper power generators for midgame because i only spam MD2 fissure generators and then build geothermals
would like something else to spam.
BTW KEEP IT UP.UR DOIN GR8.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 10:53:01 AM by Deltaforceops »

Zeta Omega

• Colonist
  • Mechanoid General
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 18, 2015, 06:11:35 PM »

Could you make a separate power related mod? People like me always want a good surplus :)

doujinftw

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 21, 2015, 04:37:29 PM »

Anyone have the problem with matter fabrication bill for produce plasteel it ask for 1 titanium and 15 silicon which i have both but it still saying cannot do it need materials

TheGentlmen

« Reply #671 on: October 24, 2015, 02:31:18 PM »

Hello Sam,

I've found a bug :)

The description of the Xenon-Ion Turbine is and I quote:
"Produces electricity by collecting trace Xenon from water and Ionizing it into plasma. Must be placed on a geyser."

Sadly that is far from the truth, as it can be placed anywhere but on geysers...

Soloution:
Add dis to the XenonIonTurbine def which is under the ThingDefs/BuildingAdvancedPower file:
[ code]       <placeWorkers>
         <li>PlaceWorker_OnSteamGeyser</li>
      </placeWorkers>[ /code]

Only makes it buildable in Godmode, Nvm.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 01:34:46 AM by TheGentlmen (GENT) »

TheGentlmen

« Reply #672 on: October 25, 2015, 01:33:24 AM »

Now I got a fix, which needs CCL:
Add:
Code: [Select]
            <li Class="CommunityCoreLibrary.RestrictedPlacement_Properties">
                <compClass>CommunityCoreLibrary.RestrictedPlacement_Comp</compClass>
                <RestrictedThing>
                    <li>SteamGeyser</li>
                </RestrictedThing>
            </li>
To your comps.

Also add:
        <placeWorkers>
            <li>CommunityCoreLibrary.PlaceWorker_OnlyOnThing</li>
        </placeWorkers>

HUZZA! Problem solved. Now you just need users to install CCL.

Sam_

• Colonist
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 26, 2015, 08:25:33 AM »

Now I got a fix, which needs CCL:
Add:
            <li Class="CommunityCoreLibrary.RestrictedPlacement_Properties">
                <compClass>CommunityCoreLibrary.RestrictedPlacement_Comp</compClass>
                <RestrictedThing>
                    <li>SteamGeyser</li>
                </RestrictedThing>
            </li>
To your comps.

Also add:
        <placeWorkers>
            <li>CommunityCoreLibrary.PlaceWorker_OnlyOnThing</li>
        </placeWorkers>

HUZZA! Problem solved. Now you just need users to install CCL.

The next update for my mod will have many custom DLLs, so placeworkers like this has a five line fix. But, thanks for the tip, perhaps there's some other useful content in there.

top_hat_tomato

• Drifter
  • Qeng Ho Trader
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: November 16, 2015, 06:28:50 PM »

I'm so sorry for missing something , but how do you get items such as titanium, silicon, and magnetic coils ( other than trading ) ?
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 78