[1.1][MODLIST] Glitter Tech

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

ShellShock220

Hi, I was wondering if you could help me with a problem with the xenon-ion generator not being able to be placed over a geezer.
If I have simply misunderstood the fact it has to be placed over the geezer and it has to be placed near the geezer, I have tried placing it near the geezer in a ceiled metal room with a couple vents and a few coolers. The temperature is between 30 and 140 degrees and it has a power conduit leading to an array of batteries.

please help

Sam_

Quote from: ShellShock220 on October 07, 2015, 02:45:01 PM
Hi, I was wondering if you could help me with a problem with the xenon-ion generator not being able to be placed over a geezer.
If I have simply misunderstood the fact it has to be placed over the geezer and it has to be placed near the geezer, I have tried placing it near the geezer in a ceiled metal room with a couple vents and a few coolers. The temperature is between 30 and 140 degrees and it has a power conduit leading to an array of batteries.

please help

Yes, the Xenon Ion Turbine started conflicting with its Placeworker a few updates ago. The next version will have some fancy DLLs which will fix that among other things.

For now however, simply extract the attachment of this comment anywhere and copy the file into the mods folder and click Yes for all prompts to overwrite. Note: this is NOT to the full mod, just a patch for this issue.

The Xenon Ion Turbine can now be placed anywhere.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Deltaforceops

actually commandos are pretty weak against rapid-fire weapons(modded vulcan minigunXD)
and against CQB i had 15 commandos raiding me with nearly full nano+some railguns and I survived with only 2 vulcans and 4 colonists with rifles, but can u pls make cheaper power generators for midgame because i only spam MD2 fissure generators and then build geothermals
would like something else to spam.
BTW KEEP IT UP.UR DOIN GR8.

Zeta Omega

Could you make a separate power related mod? People like me always want a good surplus :)

doujinftw

Anyone have the problem with matter fabrication bill for produce plasteel it ask for 1 titanium and 15 silicon which i have both but it still saying cannot do it need materials

TheGentlmen

Hello Sam,

I've found a bug :)

The description of the Xenon-Ion Turbine is and I quote:
"Produces electricity by collecting trace Xenon from water and Ionizing it into plasma. Must be placed on a geyser."

Sadly that is far from the truth, as it can be placed anywhere but on geysers...

Soloution:
Add dis to the XenonIonTurbine def which is under the ThingDefs/BuildingAdvancedPower file:
[ code]       <placeWorkers>
         <li>PlaceWorker_OnSteamGeyser</li>
      </placeWorkers>[ /code]

Only makes it buildable in Godmode, Nvm.

TheGentlmen

Now I got a fix, which needs CCL:
Add:

<li Class="CommunityCoreLibrary.RestrictedPlacement_Properties">
                <compClass>CommunityCoreLibrary.RestrictedPlacement_Comp</compClass>
                <RestrictedThing>
                    <li>SteamGeyser</li>
                </RestrictedThing>
            </li>

To your comps.

Also add:
        <placeWorkers>
            <li>CommunityCoreLibrary.PlaceWorker_OnlyOnThing</li>
        </placeWorkers>

HUZZA! Problem solved. Now you just need users to install CCL.

Sam_

Quote from: TheGentlmen (GENT) on October 25, 2015, 01:33:24 AM
Now I got a fix, which needs CCL:
Add:

<li Class="CommunityCoreLibrary.RestrictedPlacement_Properties">
                <compClass>CommunityCoreLibrary.RestrictedPlacement_Comp</compClass>
                <RestrictedThing>
                    <li>SteamGeyser</li>
                </RestrictedThing>
            </li>

To your comps.

Also add:
        <placeWorkers>
            <li>CommunityCoreLibrary.PlaceWorker_OnlyOnThing</li>
        </placeWorkers>

HUZZA! Problem solved. Now you just need users to install CCL.

The next update for my mod will have many custom DLLs, so placeworkers like this has a five line fix. But, thanks for the tip, perhaps there's some other useful content in there.

top_hat_tomato

I'm so sorry for missing something , but how do you get items such as titanium, silicon, and magnetic coils ( other than trading ) ?

harpo99999

titanium can be mined, I think the silicon is from the crushed rock on the stone cutting bench, but mag coils are only available as trades

Sam_

The magnetic coils are build-able at the Robotic assembler.

There have been some big recipe changes in the upcoming version, so I couldn't tell you what it requires.

Sisaroth

I have a problem with the black market trader, when I try to trade the colonist goes to the terminal, stands there for a few seconds and then goes away without any trade screen popping up. Other traders work completely fine.

Any idea how I can fix this?

Other mods I have are EdB interface, Prepare carefully, Combat realism and Combat Realism Defence (and CCL).

top_hat_tomato

Quote from: Sisaroth on November 25, 2015, 05:18:28 AM
I have a problem with the black market trader, when I try to trade the colonist goes to the terminal, stands there for a few seconds and then goes away without any trade screen popping up. Other traders work completely fine.

Any idea how I can fix this?

Other mods I have are EdB interface, Prepare carefully, Combat realism and Combat Realism Defence (and CCL).
I'm running with prepare carefully and I'm fine ... My guess is EdB interface

Sisaroth

Tried without Edb interface, makes no difference. Also tried on a newly generated world but also doesn't work, this is the error i'm getting:

[attachment deleted due to age]

SKleen75

What to do with all this silicone?
I have like 80k and rising from my titanium production at the electrolyzer and i dont know where to put it. Is there any kind of use I have overlooked?

Oh. And great mod by the way.  ;)