[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

Sam_

If you can collect enough gold you can produce computer components and perhaps sell it to a trader. I haven't looked at the statistics for this version in a while so I can't tell you how enterprising that would be.

SKleen75

Ok. I do that now.
Also I found out, that the matter fabricator should use silicon and titanium to create plasteel. But it seems not to work. I have over 2000 titanium and silicon till under the roof, but it says cannot fabricate, need materials. I do it all wrong!  :-\

Hayhorse

Missing energy rifle (Havent tested Orion) textures and beta poly/alpha/titanium and a bunch of the other 2d textures. Also, whats with the SI series of weapons? Might just be the download so will download again and see if it fixes it..

Edit: Checked the .zip file and the projectiles folder was there, along with pawn and the item folder has the textures, guess it ignored it in the extract.

Sam_

Quote from: Hayhorse on December 03, 2015, 12:11:13 AM
Missing energy rifle (Havent tested Orion) textures and beta poly/alpha/titanium and a bunch of the other 2d textures. Also, whats with the SI series of weapons? Might just be the download so will download again and see if it fixes it..

Edit: Checked the .zip file and the projectiles folder was there, along with pawn and the item folder has the textures, guess it ignored it in the extract.

Oops, how did those SI weapons get there. They are not implemented in this version.

Hayhorse

radioactive science

cool mod;But everything are a bit complicated :P
always prepare yourself from raids!

tigg

Quote from: SKleen75 on November 30, 2015, 02:04:34 PM
Ok. I do that now.
Also I found out, that the matter fabricator should use silicon and titanium to create plasteel. But it seems not to work. I have over 2000 titanium and silicon till under the roof, but it says cannot fabricate, need materials. I do it all wrong!  :-\

It seems there are two types of silicon, raw and "produced" - my problem was that I couldn't get more of the raw silicon that I needed.

RickyMartini

The xenon turbine can be placed everywhere and not just over a geyser. Major exploit!

Florius

Quote from: Skissor on December 28, 2015, 04:10:36 PM
The xenon turbine can be placed everywhere and not just over a geyser. Major exploit!

Even better, it isn't possible to build it over a geyser hehe.

Jevon

Nice, awesome, and..... ITS yeah  :( still need more improvement baby :)
you need :
-glitter experimental species (yep its an animal)
this animal can do anything that human do except recruiting because there's language problem
-glitter shield
i know this thing is already invented for rimwold... but i want the one that can shoot to
-glitter flash (some kinda flash grenade one use)
can make people stunned/paralyzed without damaging anything
-glitter advance suit
need a full suit to work... helmet, the shirt, and the pantsu.. i mean pants. ability to regenerate every
1/2 hour
-glitter vaccine
can cure infection, plague and other disease (zombie included)
-glitter morphine (not a goddamn drug)
stop bleeding and pain
(for bruise and etc that doesn't have bleed affect will still need to get treatment)
-glitter adrenaline
(give the user a perfect accuracy, strength, movement, and if you want to it can be used for speed up global working stuff)
-glitter analyzer (google)
able to custom aim, wherever it is, even groin :D
-glitter analyzer (building)
can scan for area like ancient place that buried in a middle of a badass big
rest will coming in a13

Sam_

Quote from: Florius on December 28, 2015, 07:40:56 PM
Quote from: Skissor on December 28, 2015, 04:10:36 PM

Even better, it isn't possible to build it over a geyser hehe.

It was a temporary compromise because the placement worker wasn't working (just ignore the description). The next update should fix this.

In regards to the next update of Glittertech it may be extended much longer due to that annoying real life business. Hopefully one day you should all see Glittertech 2.0 in a future alpha build. However I shall be updating this version as needed with Rimworld.

palandus

I might suggest for future versions (as I made the modifications myself in my own version), to add recipes for:
- Cybernetic Parts:
1) Cybernetic Brain (Brain injuries encourage the player to Euthanize the one affected and thus are heavily needed)
2) Cybernetic Nose (Getting the Nose blown off is currently unrepairable and I do believe it affects Social interactions)
3) Cybernetic Scar Removal (Getting a Scar on the Torso really sucks, and unfortunately if you create a Torso replacement part it replaces EVERYTHING and prevents further cybernetics)
4) Cybernetic Bone Replacements (If something gets blown off for arms or legs, just replace them, but if you lose a rib, or get a skull damaged, these cannot be replaced)

- Crafting Advanced Weapons: (Maybe give them as recipes at the Robotic Assembler)
1) EMRG; Its needed for the turrets, so why can't you craft them?
2) OC Rifle and OC Pistol

- Crafting Advanced Armors: (Maybe give them as recipes at the Matter Fabricator)
1) Speed Suits / Fiber Skin Suit (which btw have the same description but yet have wildly different benefits)
2) Nano Suits
3) Nano Helms
4) Reactive Suits

- Recipes for Creating Metals
1) Recipe to Create Gold = Needed for Computer Circuits
2) Recipe to Create Uranium = Needed for Alpha/Beta Poly and other things
3) Recipe to Create Silver = Needed to be able to purchase all that Titanium and other items off Black Market Traders

- New Items
1) Speed / Fiber Pants = Suits cover the shirt area, so why not create something to cover the leg area... or were suits supposed to cover legs as well?
2) Craftable Cybernetic Body Parts
3) Cannister Cannon = The weapon used by the Cannister Turret
4) Other Turrets = Improvised Mechanoid Turrets (Minigun, Flame Cannon, Lancer, and Charge Cannon); If you can reprogram the mechanoids, why can't you use their weapons to make improvised turrets?
5) Glitter World Joy Items = Omni-Consoles (ie a Console to rule them all and plays all games), 8K 3D HDTVs, Virtual Reality Booths, and other futuristic joy-related things that you could buy from a Black Market Trader and install them (similar to how you buy a CRT TV from an Exotic Trader)
6) Blast Walls = Blast Doors are great, but as many know, even if the Door is super strong, if the walls aren't equally strong, they'll just blow a hole through your weaker walls and ignore the door. So having some Blast Walls to go with a Blast Door would be a good idea.
7) Embrasures; Your Shield idea is good, but if you could make it so that it acted more like a Wall (ie held up ceilings and prevented movement) while still being able to fire through them, that would make them much better defenses.
8) Blast Furnace Walls = When I have a large supply of corpses, I generally fill them in a room with non-flammable walls, and a forbiddable door (which btw, your Blast Doors are not Forbiddable so fix that :)). Then I get a Molotov Cocktail and throw it inside. Since the bodies are all flammable, and the walls aren't, and its closed in, it gets REALLY hot inside VERY fast. Once the interior temperature reaches 300+, it has reached critical mass and everything starts burning. It keeps burning until all the corpses are gone and the temperature reaches maximum of 2000. However, I can't build this into my base as anything on the other side of the walls also gets quite hot. Now, what I'd like is to have some Glitterworld-type walls that are Non-Flammable and Prevent Heat from leaving the Room.
9) Salvage OC Tanks = I'd love to be able to salvage an OC Tank and either man a person inside it to attack enemies or in the very least rip the main gun off it and use it to build a Turret.
10) Grenade Launcher = Fires either Incendiaries or Explosive Grenades at decent distances. Effectively a Molotov or Frag Grenade that is shot, rather than thrown. Also make it so that you can shoot the ground with it, so that I could use it to light my large furnace rather than use a Molotov.
11) Create some more stuff that require Alpha Poly or Beta Poly Exclusively

Black Market Trader Suggestions:
- Stock Alpha Poly and Beta Poly; If average colony settlers can make it, why don't these Traders stock supplies of it?
- Always stock at least 1 Nano Helm, 1 Nano Suit, 1 Reactive Suit and 1 Either Speed Skin or Fibre Skin Suit
- Always stock at least 1 EMRG; It is a pain to get a Black Market Trader and for it to not have any EMRGs.
- Always stock some packaged Lavish Meals from Glitter Worlds
- Always stock some Glitterworld Medicine from Glitter Worlds
- Always stock some AI Persona Cores

General Suggestions:
- Make your added lights non-flammable.
- Make your advanced crafting stations Stuff-able, so that they could benefit from Alpha Poly or Beta Poly construction.

Fixes:
- Blast Doors need to be Forbiddable like normal doors or colonists might use them in the heat of battle when you don't want them to.
- Even if this is the only faction mod active, I only ever see Orion Corps/Tanks or those guys wearing Nano Suits. I never see the other faction, and have played games that have lasted for an entire ingame year, in case they only spawn after 90+ days or something. Well, they don't spawn.

ButteryButters

One thing I will say is I wish there was a wiki for this mod xD I can't figure out for the life of me how to get ethanol to make a pharmaceutical bench. Also I still don't hae anything new in production tab besides that, I am up to (as in currently researching) Advanced Factorization so I can't even make magnetic coils or computer components yet xD

I do wish I could craft the railgun though as well as the MRG Rifle and Pistol, those are da best! Back when I used ulitmate overhaul I would deck out all my colonists with them and a Flak Cannon :P
Ewe revenge leads to dead colony, first ever Rimfail

w00d

i do have a slight issue , the Orion pants and vest is too high the "natural" preferences for the pawns, a hypoerweave, devilstrand pants for example give better stats etc but the pawns will dump a masterwork Hyperweave pants for a normal orion pants etc

ButteryButters

There are a couple Alpha 12 mods that can help with what you suggested Palandus.

Quote from: palandus on January 24, 2016, 11:38:17 PM
I might suggest for future versions (as I made the modifications myself in my own version), to add recipes for:
- Cybernetic Parts:

1) Cybernetic Brain (Brain injuries encourage the player to Euthanize the one affected and thus are heavily needed)
3) Cybernetic Scar Removal (Getting a Scar on the Torso really sucks, and unfortunately if you create a Torso replacement part it replaces EVERYTHING and prevents further cybernetics)

Dermal Regeneration fixes Scars from cuts and burns. Its built using 200 steel and 10 gold. Once it has power select your colonist, right click to use. It takes almost 12 hours but it fixes all the scars on the colonists body. I'd like to see a Glitter Tech way to get rid of them, possible a second research branch from Pharmaceuticals? EPOE adds some extra brain implants and any brain implant removes brain scars.

Quote from: palandus on January 24, 2016, 11:38:17 PM
- Recipes for Creating Metals
1) Recipe to Create Gold = Needed for Computer Circuits
2) Recipe to Create Uranium = Needed for Alpha/Beta Poly and other things
3) Recipe to Create Silver = Needed to be able to purchase all that Titanium and other items off Black Market Traders

Mechanical Defense 2 has something useful in the Utilities tab called a fissure generator which creates a small, medium, or larging mining fissure or a steam geyser, player's choice. Once the fissure is done you can place an Ore Extractor (researched seperately) to get a steady if not massive amount of Steel, Plasteel, Gold, Silver, Uranium, or coal. I found its best used on Uranium and Gold since they spawn so infrequently and then on Plasteel. Two of these allowed me to make my entire colony into advanced bionics (EPOE version not glitter tech sadly. EPOE Advanced Bionics only give a moderate increase as opposed to glittertechs insane one)

As for silver, I usually try to grab either advanced bionic arms or hands and a speed suit for my cook, I recently found having manipulation at 500% and butchering the remains of a small band of tribals gives me over 10k human meat and like 4 k human leather, which basically gives me infinite silver. The supply of beer and chocolate I typically need to balance the transaction help keeps my cook sane since he isn't a psychopath :/

Pretty much every other suggestion sounds awesome, especially the glitter world joy items. I like the idea of building a glitter tech arcade room with large tvs and holodecks and all that :P 
Ewe revenge leads to dead colony, first ever Rimfail