[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

Syntria

I created an account on here just to tell you how much me and several members of my community love this mod! For your first mod, I think you did absolutely fantastic. Thank you for keeping it up to date with the latest version of Rimworld as well. I'll be live streaming your mod in a few hours and showing it off on my twitch channel :) I'm not sure if it is appropriate to link to such things, but just shout at me if it is and I'll remove the link. http://www.twitch.tv/syntria <3

I did have a question! I've not played around with growth rates much, but these walls do provide enough light to grow with at 60% brightness right? Would it be possible (or is it already) to have some kind of 'plant growth' walls? Maybe that cost extra, require additional resources or components to construct to make them more balanced, but something that outputs 100% brightness? That would be amazing. It might already be a feature and I just missed it, haha.
Long time supporter of Rimworld!

Check out my twitch channel---I stream Rimworld about 50% of the time (Prison Architect, Factorio, Dwarf Fortress too!)

Join my Discord Server, which has 300+ members!

Skullever

It looks like in the BodyPartDefs and BodyPartGroupDefs some of the animal parts are mislabeled resulting in issues like four left legs which causes more issues when playing with A Dog Said and doing surgery on animals. Changing them to the proper labels fixed the issue.

Mavhaa

Quote from: Skullever on April 16, 2016, 11:41:40 AM
It looks like in the BodyPartDefs and BodyPartGroupDefs some of the animal parts are mislabeled resulting in issues like four left legs which causes more issues when playing with A Dog Said and doing surgery on animals. Changing them to the proper labels fixed the issue.

Thanks you ! i can now play with glitter AND A Dog said  ;D

Syntria

Is there anyway to fix a spine with this modpack?
Long time supporter of Rimworld!

Check out my twitch channel---I stream Rimworld about 50% of the time (Prison Architect, Factorio, Dwarf Fortress too!)

Join my Discord Server, which has 300+ members!

hector212121

Quote from: Syntria on April 17, 2016, 09:24:24 PM
Is there anyway to fix a spine with this modpack?

Orion Exoskeletons.

More importantly, what about the Frail status?

Aarkreinsil

Oh here we go, another thing that might end up in my "Mandatory Mod" list xD

Deathking9132

great mode but i think there is lot of balancing issues,everything is highly powerful especially in the body parts for price of it,i mean like its totaly not fair that a merchent comes by and sells advanced bionic legs at around 4k which doubles our walk speed

macbuk

How is it possible to get electrolyzer and robotic assembler which create silicon and computer components if you need actual computer components to create those?

hector212121

Quote from: macbuk on April 19, 2016, 04:02:53 AM
How is it possible to get electrolyzer and robotic assembler which create silicon and computer components if you need actual computer components to create those?

Black market traders.

Sam_

Quote from: Deathking9132 on April 18, 2016, 03:37:46 PM
great mode but i think there is lot of balancing issues,everything is highly powerful especially in the body parts for price of it,i mean like its totaly not fair that a merchent comes by and sells advanced bionic legs at around 4k which doubles our walk speed

From memory I think the standard legs are sold for ~1600 silver, and they enhance the user to around 150%. So, Doubling, ( or increasing to 400% with two legs and cyberntic organs) for over twice the price seems balanced enough to me. Unless you think it is too expensive? Your comment didn't really specify what you intended, except that it wasn't fair, yet not who it wasn't fair on; you or the pirate attackers?

This is designed to be a difficult mod, extending game play for (in game) years by adding long term goals. It's also a strain on colony resources meaning you will have to spend silver. Of course it's entirely up to you if you think it's totally unacceptable; possible solutions are spawning the parts in devmode if it's too expensive or changing the values in the xml files if it's too little.

macbuk

Quote from: hector212121 on April 19, 2016, 07:55:16 AM

Black market traders.

Haven't seen any of those.

hector212121

Quote from: macbuk on April 19, 2016, 09:30:15 AM

Black market traders.

That's because traders are so rare. :P

macbuk

Quote from: hector212121 on April 19, 2016, 09:33:53 AM

Black market traders.

Are these only on caravan traders? I've been using the "replace all trade ships" option constantly and no black market trader appeared for a while.

hector212121

Quote from: macbuk on April 19, 2016, 10:17:23 AM
Quote from: hector212121 on April 19, 2016, 09:33:53 AM

Black market traders.

Are these only on caravan traders? I've been using the "replace all trade ships" option constantly and no black market trader appeared for a while.

Nnnnnot that i know of. :P

Cabraca