[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

MythicalEwok

Awesome mod, I do think the hitpoints and building time for some of the items could be tweaked, especially when you are building with the beta/alpha materials.
"Guess I'll have to eat the cats"

Dryparn

Sam_
Fixed compability with "A dog said" surgery mod. No more 4 front legged dogs.
It's just some small edits. I did them for myself really but i hate redundant work so use as you please.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Grynnreaper

Thank you kindly my good man. where do i put this? i mean in the defs folder of the ads mod there isn't a folder for bodypartgroupdefs so.... just dump this into the defs folder of the A dog Said mod?

Skullever

Quote from: Grynnreaper on April 20, 2016, 02:07:38 PM
Thank you kindly my good man. where do i put this? i mean in the defs folder of the ads mod there isn't a folder for bodypartgroupdefs so.... just dump this into the defs folder of the A dog Said mod?
That should go in the defs of Glittertech itself.

Ordessa

So if I want to get started in Glittertech, I just have to wait on RNG for a trader with the right stuff? That seems a bit silly, as I have been waiting for easily two ingame years without getting any. Not to mention I haven't even found titanium to mine yet.

Are you considering making it possible to get started without hoping on trader RNG?

Ordessa

Are you sure you are supposed to get black market traders? I just tried using debug mode to spawn in loads of traders, and out of 250, I have yet to see a black market trader. I seriously think something is bugged.

GorillaCZ

Sam? you need to add <orbital>true</orbital> to you BM def.
<defName>BlackMarket</defName>
      <label>Black Market trader</label>
      <orbital>true</orbital>

Also.. placeworker work again. so you may de-op ion turbine.

Astasia

Quote from: Sam_ on April 19, 2016, 08:38:36 AM
From memory I think the standard legs are sold for ~1600 silver, and they enhance the user to around 150%. So, Doubling, ( or increasing to 400% with two legs and cyberntic organs) for over twice the price seems balanced enough to me.

Normal bionic legs are 1500 base value and increase move speed by only 20%. I think to "balance" it you'd want bionic legs to still be worth buying early on, and the advanced bionics to be later game, and to that end the advanced ones would need to have a higher cost per bonus ratio. IE the advanced parts are 5 times better, so they would need to be over 7500 (1500x5) base market value to be "balanced" with the base game, something like 8000-9000. IMO.

Deathking9132

Quote from: Astasia on April 22, 2016, 03:51:02 AM
Quote from: Sam_ on April 19, 2016, 08:38:36 AM
From memory I think the standard legs are sold for ~1600 silver, and they enhance the user to around 150%. So, Doubling, ( or increasing to 400% with two legs and cyberntic organs) for over twice the price seems balanced enough to me.

Normal bionic legs are 1500 base value and increase move speed by only 20%. I think to "balance" it you'd want bionic legs to still be worth buying early on, and the advanced bionics to be later game, and to that end the advanced ones would need to have a higher cost per bonus ratio. IE the advanced parts are 5 times better, so they would need to be over 7500 (1500x5) base market value to be "balanced" with the base game, something like 8000-9000. IMO.

I think it should be even greater then that, around 14-20k silver as it literaly cracks the combat system ingame. As better things should cost way more then simple substitution for a more better one

Sam_

Updated to version 1.4

A few minor bug fixes, Xenon-Ion turbines now need to be placed on geysers again (use impaction charges). Black market traders were missing the Orbital field in the xml. I'm not sure about the default initialisation in the assemblies so they may be orbital by default, otherwise the lack of this field stopped them from spawning (if that makes you feel ripped off then spawn one in devmode). Mortars can now ground attack again.

silentwolf123

fantastic news! do we need to start a new save for the update?

creeperciaran

I have a question, This is off the current topic people are discussing.. but i'd like to ask.. has anyone had problems where randomly, when an orion installation visitor leaves.. it spams "Visitors from orion installation were amazed by your hospitality! 20" and every time that happens i have to delete ludeon studios and start all over again.. is this a known bug or am i on the wrong mod page? sorry if there's somewhere i should put this, but i'm new here.

ORCACommander

do you have hospitality mod installed? sounds like the two masy be in conflict.

damn it sam 1 hour after i install you update :P

silentwolf123

yeah thats a bug with hospitality.... with any other mod which makes new factions

GorillaCZ

Quote from: silentwolf123 on April 22, 2016, 02:46:19 PM
fantastic news! do we need to start a new save for the update?

nope. There is no major changes.