[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

zidey

sorry if i am being stupid and this isn't from your mod. (when i google it your mod comes up)

When my colonists use bandages they do the usual "use cycle" but then just drop the bandage and then keep trying to use it over and over again and I have to forbid it. Thing is i only have them from loot from kills.

https://i.imgur.com/ph6AqLW.png

These are the mods i have incase they conflict.

Hayhorse

So, its been a long time. Anyways Im not sure if this is still a thing but if you manage to get a hold of a Orion exo suit and even a single cybernetic limb (lets say 2 arms). The associated stats go from 100 (normal) 200 (exo only) and 860% (Exo+Cybernetic Arms).

Is this intentional or accidental?

laser_man6

Quote from: Hayhorse on May 22, 2016, 09:04:17 PM
So, its been a long time. Anyways Im not sure if this is still a thing but if you manage to get a hold of a Orion exo suit and even a single cybernetic limb (lets say 2 arms). The associated stats go from 100 (normal) 200 (exo only) and 860% (Exo+Cybernetic Arms).

Is this intentional or accidental?

add the advaed spine!

deadlydullahan

Quote from: zidey on May 20, 2016, 04:12:49 PM
sorry if i am being stupid and this isn't from your mod. (when i google it your mod comes up)

When my colonists use bandages they do the usual "use cycle" but then just drop the bandage and then keep trying to use it over and over again and I have to forbid it. Thing is i only have them from loot from kills.

I'm having the same issue with bandages not working and it keeps throwing an error

Ouan

Quote from: deadlydullahan on May 23, 2016, 06:49:15 PM

I'm having the same issue with bandages not working and it keeps throwing an error

I have had that issue off and on for the last few updates. I believe it has been mentioned before in the comments. I just put them in a stockpile and forbid them to be used off in the corner of my base.
Damn Pirates!

Reaper

Sam_ I think the current mod version may have one to many kinks in it for comfort. You have multiple conflicts with surgery mods. Looking forward to a patch

deadlydullahan

Quote from: Ouan on May 23, 2016, 10:11:03 PM
Quote from: deadlydullahan on May 23, 2016, 06:49:15 PM

I have had that issue off and on for the last few updates. I believe it has been mentioned before in the comments. I just put them in a stockpile and forbid them to be used off in the corner of my base.

The forbidding and hauling was just too great of a pain, I literally felt it was less painful for me to go into every single xml file and remove every single reference of bandage and completely had it removed from my game. Had to start a new game of course but that's meh  :-\

Sam_

Updated to Version 1.45

Bandages no longer act as medicine, they are just a material for medicine recipes.

Tanks no longer spawn from Crashed Ship parts, but as a result they bleed due to limitations within the core game. The pawns can either work as a biological organism, requiring breathing and blood pumping/filtration or they are mechanoids and spawn from Crashed Ship Parts.

In regards to the surgery conflicts I currently don't have the time to work on a patch for other mods (which are numerous), so for now am leaving that as is. Alternatively I could remove the bionic parts added by this mod for a surgery free GlitterTech, let me know if that is preferable. Lastly, while I hope my mod could be as compatible as possible, always keep in mind this is currently a large singular mod instead of many smaller mods as I have planned in the future, so showing me a compatibility issue with a mod order list of 20+ mods unfortunately wont be addressed for some time.

deadlydullahan

Quote from: Sam_ on May 25, 2016, 08:35:58 AM
Updated to Version 1.45

Bandages no longer act as medicine, they are just a material for medicine recipes.

Tanks no longer spawn from Crashed Ship parts, but as a result they bleed due to limitations within the core game. The pawns can either work as a biological organism, requiring breathing and blood pumping/filtration or they are mechanoids and spawn from Crashed Ship Parts.

In regards to the surgery conflicts I currently don't have the time to work on a patch for other mods (which are numerous), so for now am leaving that as is. Alternatively I could remove the bionic parts added by this mod for a surgery free GlitterTech, let me know if that is preferable. Lastly, while I hope my mod could be as compatible as possible, always keep in mind this is currently a large singular mod instead of many smaller mods as I have planned in the future, so showing me a compatibility issue with a mod order list of 20+ mods unfortunately wont be addressed for some time.

Appreciate the update :) as far as the surgery free GlitterTech I have a suggestion (which is totally up to your final decision whether or not you agree with it) You could offer 2 types of GlitterTech, a surgery free download and one as is currently with surgery. Seems like an option that would appease both sides, those who want the surgery mod as a whole conflicts and all and those who want to through together a personal modlist with as little conflicts as possible.   ;D

Sam_

Uploaded a new Surgery free version.

This version currently still includes the OC exoskeleton, to avoid making the faction pawns weak. If there are still major compatiblilty issues with that I will remove the exoskeleton also.

RagingLoony

Noob question but I dont understand the surgery problems people are having? I'm using glittertech with combat realism, EPAO and ADS, and I'm having no problems in a load order of about 30 mods?

Sam_

Quote from: RagingLoony on May 27, 2016, 05:06:17 PM
Noob question but I dont understand the surgery problems people are having? I'm using glittertech with combat realism, EPAO and ADS, and I'm having no problems in a load order of about 30 mods?

A helpful question actually, which tells me there are people that DON'T have any issues. Unfortunately for sanity's sake there are errors that aren't always displayed in the console on the initial launch. I have seen errors with Glittertech and some other mods where animals spawn with five front legs, or OC tanks spawning with a herd of mechanoids, or just general instability.

If you have yet to see any of those perhaps you could share your mod load order, a simple screenshot would do, in order to help others find the right order and help me determine conflicts.

RagingLoony

Quote from: Sam_ on May 28, 2016, 03:23:05 AM
Quote from: RagingLoony on May 27, 2016, 05:06:17 PM

A helpful question actually, which tells me there are people that DON'T have any issues. Unfortunately for sanity's sake there are errors that aren't always displayed in the console on the initial launch. I have seen errors with Glittertech and some other mods where animals spawn with five front legs, or OC tanks spawning with a herd of mechanoids, or just general instability.

If you have yet to see any of those perhaps you could share your mod load order, a simple screenshot would do, in order to help others find the right order and help me determine conflicts.

sure, no problem. don't get me wrong, it took some trial and error, I'm still fairly new to rimworld, I've owned it about 3 weeks now? lol. I did some editing in the misc robots to add a gardener and a cutter bot that worked with enviroseeds/veg-garden, and i edited ADS so snakes have legs (don't ask). and whatever mod edits the biome defs so that most everything except snowhares and polarbears spawn in all regions. was tired of having to buy chickens/cows and other animals. apart from that i dont think I've made any other changes to anything, and the changes I did make aren't anything that would make a mod work/not work with something else. So vanilla mods in this order should work i guess? Maybe? let me know if you spot anything wrong in this order btw, I haven't found any problems but that doesnt mean there arent any. I occasionally get animals that stay still in the "wander" state, and sometimes sounds dont load (IE construction/mining sounds) but a simple restart of the game solves this.

EDIT: I also changed the labels on all your prosthetics to have GT at the start, so GTadvanced bionic X and GTcybernetic X, just so I could tell the difference between yours and the ones in APOE surgery mod or whatever it's called. But, again, nothing that would solve or cause a conflict

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Alluvian_Est-Endrati

Quote from: RagingLoony on May 28, 2016, 09:39:25 AM
EDIT: I also changed the labels on all your prosthetics to have GT at the start, so GTadvanced bionic X and GTcybernetic X, just so I could tell the difference between yours and the ones in APOE surgery mod or whatever it's called. But, again, nothing that would solve or cause a conflict

Clever. I was just trying out this mod to see how it compared with EPOE and was having trouble telling the Advanced components apart from one another in-game. I'll likely do what you did and make a local modification to differentiate them.

AlwaysBugged

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but Glittertech seems to break a tiny feature from CCL's Vanilla tweaks.

As soon as glittertech is added to the running mods i lose the ability to synchronize hydroponic growers introduced by Vanilla tweaks.

Is there a fix to this? It's a tiny little incompatibility in the grand scheme of things but it seriously harms the quality of life if you depend on hydroponics to grow stuff.