[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

hector212121

Quote from: AlwaysBugged on June 01, 2016, 05:13:14 AM
I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but Glittertech seems to break a tiny feature from CCL's Vanilla tweaks.

As soon as glittertech is added to the running mods i lose the ability to synchronize hydroponic growers introduced by Vanilla tweaks.

Is there a fix to this? It's a tiny little incompatibility in the grand scheme of things but it seriously harms the quality of life if you depend on hydroponics to grow stuff.

Try tweaks after Gtech?

GabrielHafliger

how or where do you get items like titanium or magnetic coils etc... ?

messiahgov

Can somebody please upload v1.2 for A12D? I need it because other mods I use aren't updated to A13.

palandus

I know my post got buried, but I noticed on the main page you are looking to do a full remake of the mod, and thought I'd mention it in case you did forget about it. I had made a huge list of suggested improvements back on page 47 (Link = https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5509.690).

Other possible suggestions are:
- How about having buyable Cybernetic Animals? These would be "regular" animals without Cybernetic Limbs (as you'd have to figure out how to make Cybernetic Recipes for animals) but would have greatly improved health, extra organs (to make killing them that much harder), and would come with resistance to blunt and sharp (much like insectoids). ie like those Cybernetic Dogs in Wolfenstein the New Order. These animals could have highest level of intelligence and could possibly only be purchaseable via the Black Market trader. Unless of course it would be easier to make a compatibility patch with "A Dog Said..." and allow cybernetic limbs on animals. Not sure which I'd prefer, but if you can do both, that would be awesome.

- How about having an infantry grade Cannister Rifle, and then require the Cannister Turret to require one, much like the EMRG Turret.

- How about having an advanced EMRG Turret that say utilizes two EMRG rifles, has greater health, and overall more advanced looking than the regular EMRG Turret. This turret would not be "jury-rigged" like the EMRG Turret, but require advanced materials to build.

- Make use of more recipes that require Alpha Poly and Beta Poly, rather than just using them for "stuffed" construction. Things like an Advanced Comms Console that has "twice the range" of a regular Comms Console and thus always has access to a Black Market Trader. Or maybe a Holographic Suite for entertainment. Or maybe a Site to Site Teleporter that teleports a person or object from one Teleporter Pad to another. Or maybe an Advanced Assembly Machine that creates large batches of commonly produced items or meals (ie it could make a set of 10 meals instead of 1). Or maybe new traps that require these materials, such as a Crushing Floor Trap that smashes anything caught into the ceiling and needs dense materials to work properly. Skys the limit, but there needs to be more things Alpha/Beta Poly is used for other than Power Plants.

- Be able to capture "dead" tanks, repair them, and then use them for your own base defense.

- Have Commandos spawn with more than one Cybernetic Limb.

- Include new Implants for improving skills, or making life just more pleasant.

If I think of more I'll post it. Cheers!

Sam_

Quote from: palandus on June 13, 2016, 06:47:31 PM
I know my post got buried, but I noticed on the main page you are looking to do a full remake of the mod, and thought I'd mention it in case you did forget about it. I had made a huge list of suggested improvements back on page 47 (Link = https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5509.690).

Other possible suggestions are:
- How about having buyable Cybernetic Animals? These would be "regular" animals without Cybernetic Limbs (as you'd have to figure out how to make Cybernetic Recipes for animals) but would have greatly improved health, extra organs (to make killing them that much harder), and would come with resistance to blunt and sharp (much like insectoids). ie like those Cybernetic Dogs in Wolfenstein the New Order. These animals could have highest level of intelligence and could possibly only be purchaseable via the Black Market trader. Unless of course it would be easier to make a compatibility patch with "A Dog Said..." and allow cybernetic limbs on animals. Not sure which I'd prefer, but if you can do both, that would be awesome.

- How about having an infantry grade Cannister Rifle, and then require the Cannister Turret to require one, much like the EMRG Turret.

- How about having an advanced EMRG Turret that say utilizes two EMRG rifles, has greater health, and overall more advanced looking than the regular EMRG Turret. This turret would not be "jury-rigged" like the EMRG Turret, but require advanced materials to build.

- Make use of more recipes that require Alpha Poly and Beta Poly, rather than just using them for "stuffed" construction. Things like an Advanced Comms Console that has "twice the range" of a regular Comms Console and thus always has access to a Black Market Trader. Or maybe a Holographic Suite for entertainment. Or maybe a Site to Site Teleporter that teleports a person or object from one Teleporter Pad to another. Or maybe an Advanced Assembly Machine that creates large batches of commonly produced items or meals (ie it could make a set of 10 meals instead of 1). Or maybe new traps that require these materials, such as a Crushing Floor Trap that smashes anything caught into the ceiling and needs dense materials to work properly. Skys the limit, but there needs to be more things Alpha/Beta Poly is used for other than Power Plants.

- Be able to capture "dead" tanks, repair them, and then use them for your own base defense.

- Have Commandos spawn with more than one Cybernetic Limb.

- Include new Implants for improving skills, or making life just more pleasant.

If I think of more I'll post it. Cheers!

I have read both of your posts, but they were mostly features I already have planned. My mods future plans is to essentially extend everything the game has to offer where I can as well as adding some more cool things. For example new biomes, new weather, new incidents are planned. I have plans to add around ten new stuffable resources as well as tiered components for many types of machinery required to make a lab. You said in your first post why don't traders stock the Polys when a small colony can make it. The future plan is to make it so you aren't just a small colony but you have the ability to become a high tech laboratory through much hardship.

There's going to be around four new factions, new robotic threats, better laser and particle weapons and every turret type you desire. The goal of my mod is to turn a struggling colony into an automated glitter world town with better communications . Robotic drones to harvest and haul, and as you suggested; let you release them on your foes. The idea is to make the old factions something you can ignore, destroyed by automatic mortars, but the new factions even harder and fights more complex. Hopefully if I get the balance right you should advance through research quick enough to defend against those factions.

The tank repairing idea is a good one, but not possible in the way you picture. I would have to make tanks contain a special item that they drop upon scraping that is required to build a new one. Aside from that there are limitations to the games core logic at the moment, stopping me from things like multiple cybernetic limbs on commandos and so on. I have recently added one thing to the mod that your old post inspired which is a blast furnace that is place-able like a heater which heats rooms to 1400c which spontaneously combusts everything in the room (including the door if its not stone). Good for hives.

I do read every post, but I thought this little sneak peak was necessary considering the lack of additions my mod has had for a while.

palandus

Okay, nice. Appreciate the response. I look forward to the day when one can play as a full-out glitterworld colony, and wish you the best of luck with that! I've always enjoyed your mod and look forward to the future of it.

Some other high-tech ideas:

-> Cloaking Suit = Worn like a nano suit, but makes the pawn invisible until they fire, and they remain visible for a few seconds before recloaking. Ideal for snipers or assassins, allowing them to fire, relocate elsewhere, and wait for their next opportunity. Could also make it that if you attack with melee from cloaked, they deal x2 damage for a sneak attack.

-> Microjet Launcher (ie Devestator from Duke3D) = Fires mini rockets at a high rate of fire causing small explosions on impact. Great for destroying structures or vehicles quickly, but due to their size, are not very damaging to infantry.

-> Deflector Shield = A carried shield (not to be confused with personal shield; ie a physical shield worn on arm) that when energy-based weapons hit it, they are deflected harmlessly in a random direction. However, regular bullets, shells and rockets are unaffected. Helps infantry survive high-tech weaponry by making those weapons basically ineffective against them, but low-grade rifles can still give them a bad day.

-> Nanohive Implant (ie Nanorobots that Borg have) = An implant that causes all damaged limbs to slowly regenerate damage, aiding the natural healing process and can even remove scars or old wounds if given enough time.

-> Shoulder-Mounted Gauss Cannon = A high-powered weapon that deals extremely high damage to vehicles and structures and can kill infantry, but due to its extreme reload time, its better to use on heavily armored targets for best effect. Has extreme range and very accurate at extreme ranges, but its long-reload time (ie 1.5x to 2.0x that of the Sniper Rifle; so 5-8 second reload time) makes it a weapon good for a single shot before realistically having to find a new weapon to fight with.

-> Nano Rifle (ie think Red Faction 3) = A weapon when fired at an object destroys it an a molecular level, but has short range and is inaccurate, and thus is very powerful but only in tight corridors.

-> Neutron Cannon = A weapon that bypasses armor and other defenses to kill biological components. It will often cause massive organ failure, but leave armor, weapons, and even bionic parts fully intact and undamaged.

-> Rust Monster (new animal/genetically engineered) = A creature that will devour anything metallic and can only be fed metals as meals. Will happily devour your foes weapons, armor, and turrets, but leave them unharmed, and often nude. Ineffective against tribals, as most of their gear is non-metallic.

-> Nano Plague (Incident) = A plague on all advanced "component" based objects. Causes all objects that are created with "components" to break down, and cannot be fixed until the Nano Plague ends. Disasterous for a glitterworld colony.

-> Military Crash Site (Incident) = A military freighter crashes nearby containing various caches of supplies of weapons, armor, resources, and medicine ripe for the picking!

-> Regenerative Armor = Armor that repairs itself of damage over time, and thus if kept from complete destruction, will eventually fully repair itself.

-> Repair Mine = Taking the idea of the fire-popper introduced in A13, have a mine that when explodes, repairs all objects, furnishings, turrets, and wall/door of damage. Great for when you need repairs badly but all your colonists are busy fighting off enemies.

-> Kamikaze Droid = A robot that runs into a group of enemies and explodes violently damaging all of them. If "killed" before reaching it's intended target, it also explodes violently, making them a situationally useful unit; great for ambushes or areas where it can easily reach its target but not ideal for wide open areas or areas when it might suffer sustained fire destroying it before it reaches its target.

-> Psychic Tower (think Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge) = Projects a constant field of energy around it that affects different people differently. For colonists or friendlies it soothes them, improving their mood which goes away after leaving the area. For enemies it terrifies, maddens, or confuses them, causes a large mood loss which goes away after leaving the area. Ideal for colonists about to break to calm down in the area, and ideal for making some invaders go crazy and have mental breaks.

-> Tank Assembler = Can assemble your own "tanks" and use them to defend your base with. They act like colonists stuck in permanent "combat" mode, and can be ordered to stay in one spot or move forward. Benefits from cover.

-> Wall Turret (think StarCraft 1) = These hide in walls until a target comes within range and starts firing at them. Comes in minigun, flamethrower, and missile turrets.

-> Spider Mines (think StarCraft 1) = These hide in the ground until a target comes within range, unburrows, and kamikazes with that target if they can.

-> BFG 9000 = Nuff said. A powerful charge-up weapon that obliterates targets caught within it's blast radius.

-> Nano Anti-Viral Implant = An implant that makes the pawn immune to all diseases and cures any diseases they currently have.

-> Temporary Organs = An organ that functions at 75% capabilities, but is cheap to produce and keeps the subject alive. Ideal for when an organ is destroyed or you don't have a suitable replacement or when damage is so great to the organ, that a temporary organ is better anyway (ie brain is at 2/10 HP as an example)

-----

-> Weapon Ideas:
1) Belt-Fed Automatic Shotgun (ie the Schwarzer Zwerg from Russian Overkill; huge rate of fire, but very inaccurate)
2) Flak Cannon (fires hot lead like a shotgun but also applies a fire effect)
3) New "charge" weapons (ie Charge Rifle in game) = Pistol, Sniper Rifle, and Shotgun
4) Thermite Thrower = Like a flamethrower but much, much, much worse
5) Sonic Disruptor (ie think Disruptor tank from Tiberium Sun) = Great against everything but causes friendly fire as it hits all targets caught in its line of damage.

Could also include other modders stuff like:
-> Old wound removal
-> Animal Surgeries
-> Organ Growing 

-----

EDIT: More Ideas:

Prison Suppression Turret = A powerful turret designed to inflict maximum pain, stunning, and bruising, but with the minimal amount of actual bodily harm. Effective at close range, such as inside a prison-designated area to suppress unhappy prisoners without blowing limbs/organs off and without killing them. Like being peppered with hundreds of paint balls every second; painful, causes lots of bruising but unlikely to be fatal.

Airlock Containment System = So in many military bases of today or even quarantine hospitals, they have an airlock that kills off bacteria and viruses on the skin/clothing of people walking into them to keep areas sterilized and to prevent airborne contaminants from entering. For a mountain fortress or even a medical hospital room, having an Airlock like this could be used to prevent the transmission of infectious diseases to other pawns and possibly even aid in killing off these diseases faster.

Advanced Cooling System = A powerful glitterworld cooler that can easily push temperatures below -100 (and blow out like 200+ out the other end) with some extra power consumption over a base model. Ideally used during heatwaves to keep a base cool, or during extremely cold winters to keep the base hot.

Blast Vent = A heavily reinforced vent used with the same materials and constructed in the same manner as Blast Doors. This is so that a raiding force doesn't decide to blow up the Vents and get into a mountain fortress by going through your venting system to strike at your base from the rear. Heavily reinforced vents would do this job quite well.

Laser Lattice Defense System (think first Resident Evil movie) = Can only be constructed for 1x1 hallways, where a lattice can optionally form (at high energy consumption so disable when not in use) and deals heavy damage to targets walking through the laser lattice. So to make it you need two Laser Walls built 1x1 square apart and power is toggled to them; when on lasers deal damage. When off, they don't deal damage or take up power. An ideal defense in a fortress where you can easily force funnel foes down the corridor for maximum effect.

Glitterworld Ceiling Blast Doors (think of the blast doors on Missile Silos) = So these can open or close, and thus remove or add a roof to an area. These can be built underground or out in the open and allows the adding or removing off these roofs. This would allow things like underground farms exposed to sunlight when doors open, having underground orbital trade beacons that function when the roof is removed, or even having artillery that can work when the roof is removed.

Planetary Defensive Cannon = A high-powered (huge energy consumption) weapon of massive destruction. Whenever an enemy ship, that normally would send down drop pods of raiders, comes within range, instead of having a raid, it blasts that ship to pieces. This causes metal slag, resources, and raider-faction escape pods to crash all over the map. An endgame weapon for deterring enemy ships from landing droppods in your sector of the planet.

Gas Chamber = Gasses whoever is inside the gas chamber when it is activated. Comes in several varieties of wall dispensers of gas = Nerve Gas (Kills Biological), Hallucigen (Causes huge negative thought penalty), Joy (Causes huge positive thought bonus), Sleep (Incaps targets affected by it) or Pepper Spray (Causes incredible agony and stunning). Great for a defensive measure, or to place in a prison, or to weaken invaders or aid defenders. Each dispenser covers a 3x3 area around the dispenser, so multiple would be needed to fully cover a large room.

Glitterworld Stasis Bed = A high-tech bed that greatly speeds up health recovery and restfulness allowing colonists to quickly regain rest and allowing more things to be done in a day. Stasis fields prevent the passage of time on the user, so they wake up refreshed as if no time went by at all.

Glitterworld Food Fabricator = A high-tech nutrient dispenser that actually produces extremely tasty and varied meals depending on the user's preference when getting a meal. Works similar to a Replicator in Star Trek, but only can produce meals. Provides a greater morale/joy boost than even Fine Meals, but maybe not Lavish Meals.

-----

More Stuff:

Large Scale Smelter = Pile all the metallic objects you want smelted down into their base resources inside a smelting room. Any non-metallic objects are burned to a crisp instead of producing resources. Then activate the smelter and it instantly converts any items inside into the various metals that would normally be used to make the items, to provide a faster way of mass-smelting items.

High Precision Cleaning Laser = Works to obliterate even the tiniest of dirty messes in its area of effect, and thus prevents mess of any kind from appearing within its radius and any existing is eliminated instantly when the cleaning laser is built. Causes no damage, but makes cleaning less of a chore.

Reversed Effect Field (think the Justice Field in Red Dwarf Episode "Justice") = Basically, whatever "bad" thing someone does to you, is harmless reflected back at them. So if a pawn tries to punch another pawn within this field, the pawn they touched feels no pain, but the one doing the punching feels like they just got punched full force. Same applies to breaking of bones; you try and break someone else's bones, you instead break your own bones. This kind of system would be great as a defense system in a Prison, as any attacks an angry prisoner throws damages themselves instead of their intended target.

Healing Gun = Heals damage instead of dealing damage. Much like the Medic's gun in Team Fortress 2.

Pacification Field = Targets under the effects of this field become easier to recruit over time. Very useful on captured Commandos, which are almost impossible to recruit. With this field in place in a prison though, you might after a couple days/weeks, be able to recruit one.

All for now :) 

NavySeal566

Hey Guys

I just made a little compatibility patch for combat realism for myself and though i might share it with you guys.
Its the first thing i have done with modding ever for me so there might still be bugs.
And i only did it for the weapons   not any turrets or anything else

Here you go:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzw9kMK1gvscSHpQVm1PcXRidk0/view?usp=sharing

Nuklear

Does anyone know how to make this mod compatible with EdB's Prepare Carefully? I tried with both versions 1.44 and 1.45 and can't get it to work.

The only mods I have are Prepare Carefully, Colonist Bar, and this one.

I searched this post but couldn't find any solutions.

Thanks

Elixiar

This is an exceptionally good mod but the new weapons feel grossly overpowered.
Extreme accuracy or extreme CD for burst fire but everything high just hurts the balance for me.
"We didn't crash here by accident... something brought us down". - Anon Rimworld Colonist

scoin

not going to lie i would love to be able to add the power building into my game by themselves for now cause drilling so many steam vents takes forever and i dont really have a use for uranium currently in the mods ive added :/

Asero

Quote from: Elixiar on July 08, 2016, 05:57:15 PM
This is an exceptionally good mod but the new weapons feel grossly overpowered.
Extreme accuracy or extreme CD for burst fire but everything high just hurts the balance for me.

No offense to the mod creator, but this has always been my main issue as well. Normally I'd just edit the XML files myself, but it gets old hat having to do it for every update.

Sam_

harpo99999

sam the dropbox links 404ed to me, is this intentional?

Skyder

tfreak586