[1.1][MODLIST] Glitter Tech

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

Sam_

This has been a point discussed often, so perhaps I should put a notice somewhere, Orion Corp are extremely powerful, yet not over powered because that implies it was not by design.

You tried to fight a late game faction instead of using your silver to make them neutral, or if they raided you before you had a comms console; you fought a well equipped modern army with a bolt action rifle and machine guns from three thousand years ago. This is intentional to encourage different tactics. What could you do to avoid getting annihilated next time?

You can lay traps, use a kill box, use other mods to assist or perhaps just hide in a distant cave while they burn your colony down, even if you have to sacrifice Joe, your cook with dementia and a bad back. This is intended to be a difficult experience. Another option I may suggest is reducing the game difficulty to basebuilder if the above solutions are not acceptable.

Sam_

That research seems to be part of CCL or a mod using CCL and not a part of Glitter Tech.

Althalen

Quote from: Sam_ on August 21, 2016, 02:09:36 PM
That research seems to be part of CCL or a mod using CCL and not a part of Glitter Tech.

Ah damn. Thank you. Sorry.

matty491

Quote from: Sam_ on August 21, 2016, 02:07:23 PM
This has been a point discussed often, so perhaps I should put a notice somewhere, Orion Corp are extremely powerful, yet not over powered because that implies it was not by design.

You tried to fight a late game faction instead of using your silver to make them neutral, or if they raided you before you had a comms console; you fought a well equipped modern army with a bolt action rifle and machine guns from three thousand years ago. This is intentional to encourage different tactics. What could you do to avoid getting annihilated next time?

You can lay traps, use a kill box, use other mods to assist or perhaps just hide in a distant cave while they burn your colony down, even if you have to sacrifice Joe, your cook with dementia and a bad back. This is intended to be a difficult experience. Another option I may suggest is reducing the game difficulty to basebuilder if the above solutions are not acceptable.

I'm sorry but if this is intended then I'm gonna have to uninstall your mod. With Orion corp being OP along with random people carrying APB-1 pistols and rifles being able to lay waste to a colony with a shooting skill of 2 then it's game over. I love everything else this mod brings but those weapons and that faction just don't add anything. They take away. Being a lone colonist, I ain't letting them burn my entire colony down after I put so much metal and work into it. It's such a shame their isn't an option to just disable or take out certain features of the mod but oh well.

GenericUsername

Quote from: matty491 on August 22, 2016, 05:23:00 AM
I'm sorry but if this is intended then I'm gonna have to uninstall your mod. With Orion corp being OP along with random people carrying APB-1 pistols and rifles being able to lay waste to a colony with a shooting skill of 2 then it's game over. I love everything else this mod brings but those weapons and that faction just don't add anything. They take away. Being a lone colonist, I ain't letting them burn my entire colony down after I put so much metal and work into it. It's such a shame their isn't an option to just disable or take out certain features of the mod but oh well.

Let me quote the first post:
QuoteBut, on the other hand you have new threats, as using advanced and exclusive technology off the black market attracts the attentions of commando squads sent out by Glitter world corporations, who are only interested in protecting their assets.
Orion Corp are supposed to come after you once you start dabbling in Glitterworld level tech, either by buying it off ships (haven't seen this in A14 but that's due to how incredibly rare trade ships are now, I usually only get 1 or 2 a year, if that) or by research.
If that was how it actually worked, then I would have no complaints.

It would make sense and it could act as a life extender for the late game, with Orion Corp acting as the "boss" of the game and to some extent you'd be able to prepare and choose when to anger them.
But no, instead they decide to send tanks and ultra heavy infantry against a tribe that has barely learned how to build a cooler.

I just keep devmode activated (speed 4 is nice anyways) and delete Orion soldiers when they come.

sujio

Quote from: The Master on July 27, 2016, 03:00:05 PM
Sorry for the stupid question, but how do I make ethanol? I've got over ten thousand corn, but I don't know what production table to use to make ethanol with it.

While I'd still like an answer, I've given up on waiting for it and just spawned a ton of it.

Hi i have the same question, anyone know where I actually make the ethanol? I'm pretty sure I've checked all the stations unless I am missing something...

Elysium

Quote from: sujio on August 22, 2016, 04:19:08 PM
Quote from: The Master on July 27, 2016, 03:00:05 PM
Sorry for the stupid question, but how do I make ethanol? I've got over ten thousand corn, but I don't know what production table to use to make ethanol with it.

While I'd still like an answer, I've given up on waiting for it and just spawned a ton of it.

Hi i have the same question, anyone know where I actually make the ethanol? I'm pretty sure I've checked all the stations unless I am missing something...

I really wish mods of this magnitude had some kind of simplistic guide.  My colony is 3 years old, I've researched everything available and I still have not been able to touch a single thing with glittertech.  The only influence this mod has had on my game is when my tribe got raided for the very first time and I had to sacrifice a pawn otherwise I would of been completely slaughtered by orion corp.  Have not seen them since and honestly I'm starting to get a little bored with everything.  No traders available to sell me titanium to make workbenches, no titanium ore on the map, I'm completely stunted 3 years in with no way to advance.

plague006

To those asking about ethanol: I had a look into the mod's files and ProduceEthanol is a bill in Electrolyzer. Also the recipe uses berries not corn. It costs 40 berries to get 5 ethanol.

I only dabbled in this mod and removed it after having multiple runs ended by Orion Corp raids. My shortbows and clubs were no match.

drakemasta

first off awesome mod been playing with it for a while now.
but....... it could use some improvements like everything in this world lol.

animal prosthetics.

epoe style advanced organ harvesting and repairs or synthetics. (or maybe a compatability patch so your mods dont fight lol)

boosted bionics - after applying so many bionics to a person the line between man and machine gets faded and gives raise to a new form of life.

bio-mechanics - a even higher version of bionics that truly blurs the difference between organic and machine containing self repair aspects letting a person self-heal almost instantly and increase their production ratios even more. maybe have these people have a visual change on their actual pawn (or with alpha 14's pawn images)

Sam_

Raccoon

Can we get a Patch for CR (A14) and later on (A15) (Maybe even on Steam Workshop?)

Rihlsul

1 suggestion, 1 request.

Suggestion:  Modify the topic name, since this thread looks like it's only for Glitter Tech, but Tilled Soil is in here.

Request: Is there any possibility you can add a14 versions to the github?   Waiting on CCL to update, and I lost my copy of a14 Tilled Coil due to oh so helpful Steam Workshop.

alpha_omega

I would love a link to the A14 versions of your mods as well!  Had a lovely colony going when Steam updated to A15, and now I'm trying to collect all the mods I had for A14...

Thanks for your wonderful work!   :D

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

ghostangel

Hello Friend! Can you add to your gorgeous fashion droids! As a separate faction, and the opportunity to build their own! I think it would be interesting if it was possible to build robots from bionics to a separate table is honor! My English is poorHello Friend! Can you add to your gorgeous fashion droids! As a separate faction, and the opportunity to build their own! I think it would be interesting if it was possible to build robots from bionics to a separate table is honor! My English is poor