[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

whatnow96

I really think once you reach the upper tier of Glitter Tech research you should be able to craft the nano-suits and the weapons. Have the mod makers thought about including them? I feel this would really add a ton more depth to Glitter Tech

theubie

Also, if you "Create Titanium from Plasteel", you get a byproduct of silicon...like a LOT of it.

SovereignX

Hi! Looks good but  alittle bit game braker i think. At least when you crash landed barely 10 days and 3 orion soldiers show up a raid and kill all of your colonist with high tech Oc rifles...

SovereignX

Uninstalled the mod. My save won't load. Can i fix it somehow?

QuantumX

I looked into the mod files and saw i could not make weapons, which is fair enough it is as you intended... So thanks to this mod i have now create a personal Glittertech Advanced Weapons Mod with a new bench to make the very cool Glittertech weapons.. So thanks for a great mod and getting me off my ass to do some basic modding of my own :)

Going to look at adding to make the Glittertech apparel now, love this mod great to play and great mod to learn some modding from, I have learned much in one afternoon looking at how you have done things.

EldVarg

Nice mod but:
As said before, the "speed skin suit" are way too OP! +400% work speed is no fun at all. Even a +25% would be too much.

Edit: Modified it locally to to +20% move and work speed. Also changed the Fibre Skin Suit to +12% move/work speed from +60%. If you want to change yourself:

Defs\ThingDefs\Apparel_NanoSuitArmour.xml:

<defName>Apparel_NanoSpeed</defName>
<equippedStatOffsets>
<MoveSpeed>0.2</MoveSpeed>
<WorkSpeedGlobal>0.2</WorkSpeedGlobal>
</equippedStatOffsets>

<defName>Apparel_NanoSkin</defName>
<equippedStatOffsets>
<MoveSpeed>0.12</MoveSpeed>
<WorkSpeedGlobal>0.12</WorkSpeedGlobal>
</equippedStatOffsets>

skullywag

Looking at a bug for someone and spotted that this mod has defined that a lot of the buildings have a "buildingBase" where the thingclass would be set usually for any buildings that havent got a specific thingclass, you dont seem to have added the abstract "buildingBase" to this mod, this is incorrect and can cause errors. Im guessing you believe you can simply use the one in Core, this is not the case and needs to be rectified. See:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19499.0
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

cjayr369 | KagoMakoto

Jdalt40

Yes, this mod works on all versions of Alpha 15

nefarian11

Hello, i have downloaded the mod and played with it for about 60-70hrs now and i'd like to leave some feedback here :)

Everything in the mod feels good and is funny to use (and also worth the prices) but there are some items that are waaaaaaay to overpowered and make the game extremely easy (even in the highest difficulties) the biggest issues are the Orion Corp Rifle, APB-1 rifle, APB-1 Pistol and the Speed Skin Suit.

Orion Corp Rifle: that weapon is the most overpowered thing i have ever seen in the hands of my colonists
it's insane accuracy, low cooldown, long range combined with it's burst shot count (12) make it the strongest weapon in the game by far. A single colonist with a skill of 10+ can annhilate ENTIRE raids by himself with just a little bit of cover, the only ones that can survive more than 2/3 bursts are the Commandos with their Nano Suit.

APB-1 Rifle and Pistol: The pistol itself isn't that OP, but when there are 3/4 of them in the hands of your colonists (or Comnmandos) with low shooting skill with these pistol they become really dangerous. The low cooldown, high range (30) and their ability to ignite targets make Charge Rifles look like trash. The rifle is even more powerful, being basically an upgraded version of the pistol, forcing you to make trap hallways and bait the Commandos into them. That's the only way i've found to win against them. there's absolutely no way to win against them without baiting. Not even with the Orion Corp rifles in the hands of skilled colonists i've been able to even stand against them in open ground with covers. the ignite effect is really too strong.

Speed Skin Suit: 400% work speed, nuff said. these aren't that OP because you can simply chose not to use them and use the weaker version instead. (Fibre Skin Suit).

I understand that these weapons must be really strong and useful (after all they are from Glitterworlds) but these 4 items really have to be nerfed (in my opinion) in order to make the game more balanced and fun. nerfing the shot count of the Orion Rifle and removing the ignite effect from the APB-1 weapons but mantaining the burn dmg (don't even know if it's possible to have burn dmg without the ignite part) would make this mod a lot more fun and interesting.

Overall, i'll keep using this mod in most of my future colonies.

Edit: Forgot to add, i've NEVER been raided by Commandos. ever. (except when i want to cheese the game and i accept to help rescue the fleeing guy, baiting them in trap hallways to get their weapons and become an unstoppable army in day 5/6

jmababa

Quote from: nefarian11 on October 09, 2016, 10:04:38 AM
Hello, i have downloaded the mod and played with it for about 60-70hrs now and i'd like to leave some feedback here :)

Everything in the mod feels good and is funny to use (and also worth the prices) but there are some items that are waaaaaaay to overpowered and make the game extremely easy (even in the highest difficulties) the biggest issues are the Orion Corp Rifle, APB-1 rifle, APB-1 Pistol and the Speed Skin Suit.

Orion Corp Rifle: that weapon is the most overpowered thing i have ever seen in the hands of my colonists
it's insane accuracy, low cooldown, long range combined with it's burst shot count (12) make it the strongest weapon in the game by far. A single colonist with a skill of 10+ can annhilate ENTIRE raids by himself with just a little bit of cover, the only ones that can survive more than 2/3 bursts are the Commandos with their Nano Suit.

APB-1 Rifle and Pistol: The pistol itself isn't that OP, but when there are 3/4 of them in the hands of your colonists (or Comnmandos) with low shooting skill with these pistol they become really dangerous. The low cooldown, high range (30) and their ability to ignite targets make Charge Rifles look like trash. The rifle is even more powerful, being basically an upgraded version of the pistol, forcing you to make trap hallways and bait the Commandos into them. That's the only way i've found to win against them. there's absolutely no way to win against them without baiting. Not even with the Orion Corp rifles in the hands of skilled colonists i've been able to even stand against them in open ground with covers. the ignite effect is really too strong.

Speed Skin Suit: 400% work speed, nuff said. these aren't that OP because you can simply chose not to use them and use the weaker version instead. (Fibre Skin Suit).

I understand that these weapons must be really strong and useful (after all they are from Glitterworlds) but these 4 items really have to be nerfed (in my opinion) in order to make the game more balanced and fun. nerfing the shot count of the Orion Rifle and removing the ignite effect from the APB-1 weapons but mantaining the burn dmg (don't even know if it's possible to have burn dmg without the ignite part) would make this mod a lot more fun and interesting.

Overall, i'll keep using this mod in most of my future colonies.

Edit: Forgot to add, i've NEVER been raided by Commandos. ever. (except when i want to cheese the game and i accept to help rescue the fleeing guy, baiting them in trap hallways to get their weapons and become an unstoppable army in day 5/6

Install Rt weapons mod orion corp rifle isn't as strong as you think when an orion corp guy comes with a m32 grenade launcher or a barret M82A1 or an RPG. Barret will become your worst nightmare. Also it balances out gliter tech.

EldVarg

I concur exactly. Sorry to say - the author is not interested in balancing. I might release a patch myself to balance these things (he even said that I have to edit myself because everything is as it should). You can see my fix for one of these a few posts up.

Note: I also love this mod. Just wish some things where less op.

canshow

Hi,

Does this mod affect frequency of raids or storyteller difficulty at all? I've only gotten 14 raids in 367 days, playing on RREX, permadeath.  Just made the Orion Corp my enemy so that they (hopefully) attack me as well. I feel extremely unchallenged. Is there any file I can edit or something to increase difficulty without starting a new colony?

Edit; Hello again, I am deeply sorry for underestimating your mod.

jmababa

Quote from: canshow on October 09, 2016, 08:58:21 PM
Hi,

Does this mod affect frequency of raids or storyteller difficulty at all? I've only gotten 14 raids in 367 days, playing on RREX, permadeath.  Just made the Orion Corp my enemy so that they (hopefully) attack me as well. I feel extremely unchallenged. Is there any file I can edit or something to increase difficulty without starting a new colony?

Edit; Hello again, I am deeply sorry for underestimating your mod.

use lovecraft as your storyteller rrex is easy lovecraft will challange you

jmababa

Quote from: EldVarg on October 09, 2016, 07:03:42 PM

I concur exactly. Sorry to say - the author is not interested in balancing. I might release a patch myself to balance these things (he even said that I have to edit myself because everything is as it should). You can see my fix for one of these a few posts up.

Note: I also love this mod. Just wish some things where less op.

gonna wait for these. We need this or he should separate the mods all together don't like the weaponry OP