[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

skullywag

Has OP got plans to address the misuse of core abstracts. Currently causing a few issues in the bug forum as per my post above. Would be very helpful 9f this were fixed. Thanks.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Sam_

Quote from: skullywag on October 10, 2016, 11:40:45 AM
Has OP got plans to address the misuse of core abstracts. Currently causing a few issues in the bug forum as per my post above. Would be very helpful 9f this were fixed. Thanks.

This is fixed, unless of course I vastly misunderstood the thread. Out I curiosity is there any documentation available where major issues and important mod guidelines such as this are listed? It seems quite a few mods that make no use of assemblies have misunderstood the use of XML class inheritance in this case.

Quote from: EldVarg on October 09, 2016, 07:03:42 PM
Quote from: nefarian11 on October 09, 2016, 10:04:38 AM
Hello, i have downloaded the mod and played with it for about 60-70hrs now and i'd like to leave some feedback here :)

Everything in the mod feels good and is funny to use (and also worth the prices) but there are some items that are waaaaaaay to overpowered and make the game extremely easy (even in the highest difficulties) the biggest issues are the Orion Corp Rifle, APB-1 rifle, APB-1 Pistol and the Speed Skin Suit.

I concur exactly. Sorry to say - the author is not interested in balancing. I might release a patch myself to balance these things (he even said that I have to edit myself because everything is as it should). You can see my fix for one of these a few posts up.

Note: I also love this mod. Just wish some things where less op.

The main reason for the current lack of changes, especially balance, is due to the new version or revamped version I am currently developing. This will change every aspect of the mod, hopefully for the better, and as such I am planning on making the current version the "old classic" for the users who enjoy impossible odds and godlike weapons. This is my reason for suggesting your own modification of my files, rather then out of sheer stubbornness or lack of interest.

Of course this new version is taking a while thanks to real life. Perhaps I can make an alternative patch version if you guys could make a single list of changes you wish.

skullywag

No Sam. The only documentation is this case is the thread above. We dont get anymore headsup than anyone else and figure out stuff like this ourselves. I will continue to sticky threads with things like this in it though as we find them and im made aware.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Wacoede

Quote from: QuantumX on September 15, 2016, 02:34:18 PM
I looked into the mod files and saw i could not make weapons, which is fair enough it is as you intended... So thanks to this mod i have now create a personal Glittertech Advanced Weapons Mod with a new bench to make the very cool Glittertech weapons.. So thanks for a great mod and getting me off my ass to do some basic modding of my own :)

Going to look at adding to make the Glittertech apparel now, love this mod great to play and great mod to learn some modding from, I have learned much in one afternoon looking at how you have done things.

any chance of you releasing that mod some where?

RommePawn

I have a bit of a problem with something. So to make both power generators i figure i need to craft titanium 1760 times or so requiring 28160 plasteel which I have. The thing is I never noticed that it made 20 silicon per craft the first time I tested. Anyways so turning bricks into silicon takes forever and requires so much I was starting to just making computer components via searching components instead. I made about 1500 components before noticing silicon was a byproduct of making titanium. After that I started to look into using the silicon to make computer components. I found that the byproduct of the titanium I would need was 35200 and I only needed 3400 silicon for the computer components. Which means making both generators makes 31800 silicon as a byproduct.

Basically wtf do I do with 31k silicon? Making more coils requires titanium, which makes even more silicon.

Its nice titanium crafting gives silicon as a byproduct but in order to make the power generators you only use 1/10th of the silicon you make making them.

Have you ever made the generators in your mods? in a real game? Not throwing any shade but you really need a silicon sink of some kind. Maybe let us craft sculptures with it or make floors with it or something. Also giving it a max stack if 100 is just silly. You go to make a turbine and a reactor and you end up with 318 stacks of the stuff. Do you know how much room 318 stacks takes up? Lol. Silicon becomes garbage if you actually go though the steps

But seriously, I like the mod, hope silicon get a use, thanks for reading.

tmo97

good job for changing the "toiled soil icon" hah

RommePawn

I was wondering why the relaxation chair and re-ambulation pod were not uninstallable, so I thought I would poke around the files.

ThingDefs\Buildings_AdvancedFurniture.xml seems a bit odd, you have FurnitureBase with MinifiedFurniture under it yet the bed and chair (the furniture) have BuildingBase as their parent. Maybe its just me (not a modder) but it looks like all the things in this xml were suppose to have FurnitureBase as their parent, yet non have. Thus nothing in it can be uninstalled/minified. Except the floodlight because it has its own <minifiedDef>MinifiedFurniture</minifiedDef>

I tested changing the bed and chair's parents to FurnitureBase without any problems but I feel a little more comfortable just adding MinifiedFurniture to them instead. At least until this mod is updated.

nefarian11

Hey, today i was looking in the mod files and i have found these "ScorpiusInd" Textures. These weapons look really cool. Any idea when are those going to get released in the Mod?  ;D

FancyMancy

moonra

Quote from: FancyMancy on November 10, 2016, 07:11:00 AM
This http://imgur.com/a/al8HF error showed up in the logs. What could it be?

I came here to post about the exact same problem. I was getting raids/visitors from this mod no problem in my previous colony but in my current one I got one raid at the start and used the console to kill all of them because that raid was stupidly overpowered for my condition at the moment, so I killed everyone and destroyed all of the drops.
After that I didn't see any other GT pawns spawning but only now saw that warning in the bug tracer.

TAF

This... is an incredibly well structured mod. You can find just about anything intuitively. That said, when are you planning on working out factions such as Scorpius Industries for example. It seems you are just keeping this mod up to date with each alpha instead of expanding on it.

Sam_

I have not had much time to develop any mods from Rimworld lately, however my future plan for Glittertech is to do a complete overhaul. I'll still be keeping the factions and theme of the mod however the crafting and playstyle of the mod will be extended considerably. I'll maintain this version as an old classic, but the newer version should hopefully fix the balance issues this mod has.

In the meantime I can't say why you wouldn't be getting raided after the first oversized raid, and the link you have is an error for me. However the factions in this mod ramp up in difficulty significantly as you increase difficulty, so try decreasing that.

If you haven't seen what is in store for the next update of Rimworld I'll just say that it would be wise to wait for that to be released before any significant coding is done.

mraadx

I modify the mod xml a little bit to add more balanced and challenge. it feels more appropriate with these changes.
Tilled soil to be at 1.3 (130%) or 1.2 fertility. Because it will render rich soil (140%) useless.
speed skin suit at 1.0 workspeed and walkspeed. 4 times faster will make the late game too quick to do stuff, and gets dry really quick.
HC shield at 400 or 500 charge. 1k is just overkill, almost nothing can get past that.

I'm thinking of changing the ratio of titanium and plasteel. but when you found the underground compacted titanium it's become irrelevant. you can get 9k for a one spot of vein.
Graphic Designer. Will draw for $.

Thundercraft

I'm not sure how much impact this has on functionality or if this is trivial, but I'm getting a red error:

Hash collision between DV_BlackCloth and  MeatCrate: both have short hash 44154

I know that "DV_BlackCloth" belongs to the Dye Vat mod. (See "Items_Resource_DyeVat_Stuff.xml") And I know that "MeatCrate" belongs to the Storage Crates mod.

Here's my complete output_log.txt in a zip : http://dropcanvas.com/cy17e

Could this issue be related to the [0.15.1280] Hash collision between X and Y: both have short hash 0 topic? Is this a bug within the base game?

carpediembr

Anyone able to help me out?

I was playing just fine and between a load an another, the game wont load a few mods.

Now I'm getting the following errors: http://i.imgur.com/IEFrVVl.jpg

I've tried googling, but couldnt find anything.