[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

Smexy_Vampire

is it posable to make some of your bionics and stuff color coaded like in mmos ? to show that there better then standered bionics and rare's ?

Sam_

All mods updated to Alpha 16.

Refer to the Github link (All Releases) for previous versions.

denspb

Thanks for updating to A16.

However, something is wrong. I've managed to reduce problem to minimal repro sequence:
1) Only Core  + Glitter Tech
2) Create world, crashlanding, pick location
3) Research Microelectronics (e.g. via dev menu).
4) Build solar panel, Comm Console
5) Try to use Comm Console.

Following exception appears in the log:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.Building_CommsConsole.GetFloatMenuOptions (Verse.Pawn myPawn) [0x002d8] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Thing\Building\Various\Building_CommsConsole.cs:126
  at RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.AddHumanlikeOrders (Vector3 clickPos, Verse.Pawn pawn, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 opts) [0x018f0] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\FloatMenuMakerMap.cs:751
  at RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.ChoicesAtFor (Vector3 clickPos, Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x0006c] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\FloatMenuMakerMap.cs:74
  at RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.TryMakeFloatMenu (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x0004e] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\FloatMenuMakerMap.cs:34
  at RimWorld.Selector.HandleMapClicks () [0x000b2] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\MainTabs\Inspect\Selector.cs:155
  at RimWorld.Selector.SelectorOnGUI () [0x00000] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\MainTabs\Inspect\Selector.cs:111
  at RimWorld.MapInterface.HandleLowPriorityInput () [0x00021] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\MapInterface.cs:154
  at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () [0x001a9] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\UIRoot_Play.cs:119
  at Verse.Root.OnGUI () [0x0003f] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root.cs:148

It seems that something is wrong with new Factions/Traders.

orannj

Okay. This is clearly an issue not just with my mods. I had an issue with the comms console as well. Same exception error, trying to figure it out and it's not happening. @Sam_, any luck?

denspb

If it happens for other mods as well, it might be some in-game bug. Made a topic for that.

Sam_

I've looked into the source and evidently by the log the myPawn parameter is passed as null for some reason.

After some time messing with the xml I have found that removing my Orion Corp pawns and using Commando or vanilla pawns for the OC faction results in no error. The FactionDef does not cause an error, but the something about the pawns does. I'm trying to determine if a tag, item, apparel or default value for a field I have missed is causing an issue resulting in the pawn storing as null. I have also noticed when you set the pawnGroupMaker to spawn only a Villager or townCouncilMan the error occurs as well, but goes away when you also list a TownGuard.

Eg:

<pawnGroupMakers>
<li>
<kindDef>Normal</kindDef>
<commonality>100</commonality>
<options>
<Villager>60</Villager>
</options>
</li>
</pawnGroupMakers>

causes an error;

<pawnGroupMakers>
<li>
<kindDef>Normal</kindDef>
<commonality>100</commonality>
<options>
                        <Villager>60</Villager>
<TownGuard>60</TownGuard>
</options>
</li>
</pawnGroupMakers>

does not.

I'm still working on it, and I would guess it's a obvious and basic error in the xml somewhere.

Sam_

As predicted the fix was easy and obvious. I had just missed the <factionLeader> field on at least one of the pawns in the pawnGroupMaker. This update obviously depends more heavily on factionLeaders with the ability to go to their base.

denspb

One more thing: Re-Ambulation Pod and Dynamic Relaxation Chair should probably have minifiedDef tag.

Primal Lord

Hi there, I've been getting this red error while loading A16 Glitter Tech, it occurs when the mods are loaded, even when it's only core and Glitter Tech:

XML error: <autoFlee>false</autoFlee> doesn't correspond to any field in type FactionDef.
Verse.Log:Error(String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:48)
Verse.XmlToObject:ObjectFromXml(XmlNode, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\XmlHandling\XmlToObject.cs:256)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[]) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
Verse.<AllDefsFromAsset>c__Iterator1EC:MoveNext() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\XmlHandling\XmlLoader.cs:140)
Verse.ModContentPack:LoadDefs() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\ModContent\ModContentPack.cs:149)
Verse.ModContentPack:ReloadAllContent() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\ModContent\ModContentPack.cs:122)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\LoadedModManager.cs:44)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Defs\Databases\PlayDataLoader.cs:93)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Defs\Databases\PlayDataLoader.cs:32)
RimWorld.<PostClose>c__AnonStorey3A5:<>m__52D() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\Entry\Page_ModsConfig.cs:391)
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:307)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__730() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:231)

canshow

Quote from: Sam_ on December 22, 2016, 07:15:27 AM
As predicted the fix was easy and obvious. I had just missed the <factionLeader> field on at least one of the pawns in the pawnGroupMaker. This update obviously depends more heavily on factionLeaders with the ability to go to their base.
Orion Corp still shows no leader and still getting the comm console bug.
Hiding orion corp and unhiding commandos still gives same issues of lacking a faction leader & being unable to use comms.

Iwillbenicetou

Yeah, I'm also getting a bug for the comms console. I know it has something to do with faction leaders. Someone told me it has to do with putting faction leader in each pawn group. Even if the weight is 1.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Disenfranchised

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on December 23, 2016, 04:23:42 PM
Yeah, I'm also getting a bug for the comms console. I know it has something to do with faction leaders. Someone told me it has to do with putting faction leader in each pawn group. Even if the weight is 1.

and

Quote from: canshow on December 23, 2016, 02:49:29 PM
Quote from: Sam_ on December 22, 2016, 07:15:27 AM
Orion Corp still shows no leader and still getting the comm console bug.
Hiding orion corp and unhiding commandos still gives same issues of lacking a faction leader & being unable to use comms.

You must start a new game. I spent an hour trying to fix it myself until I realized I needed to start a new game. You MAY be able to edit the savegame file to allow it use the new faction leaders, but I'm not sure.

Sam_

Navigate to AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Saves or "Rimworld by LudeonStudios\Saves" and find the save you wish to keep and open it in notepad or notepad++.

Find the <factionManager> field and replace it with the entire <factionManager> field from a newer save with a working comms console (just generate a new world with factions then delete afterward), if you wish to keep the names of the generated factions you can manually copy and paste <name> fields from the old data to the new data. The same goes with the <goodwill> fields.

Alternatively I think there is a mod that generates new factions in an existing save when you load the world, you could delete the contents of the <factionManager> field, leaving it empty and it should regenerate all factions with that mod.

I'm not entirely sure this will work, because the issue with the console was down to pawns, which is a fix that should have been save game compatible.

Edit: I've just found the <worldPawns> field in the save file and it seems to store all pawnkinds rather then loading them every time. I'm not sure how stable a save will be if you delete or replace them. And you may destroy the colonists, but anyone dedicated enough to an existing save may look there to fix the save folder. If you do manage to fix it, please list the method here.

Tgr

There's no faction description for Orion Corp (which btw, is always hostile to me in A16, for some reason).

Orion Corp. A massive multi-system mega corporation which operates outside all governmental or intergovernmental jurisdiction.  Primarily interested in resource extraction, terraforming and special research projects, particularly the search for extraterrestrial life or xenotechnology. Rimworld expeditions are a mix of well-paid paramiliary contractors and technical and scientific personnel. A willing trading partner, although beware: They only participate in those trades that benefit them directly, and smart colonies would do well to fly below their radar. Orion Corp. has been known to kidnap skilled labor from outlander populations, as new contractors can be years of travel away, and there are rumors of liquidating hostile native populations entirely. What is sure is that Orion Corp. personnel are perfectly willing to resort to extreme measures to fulfill the terms of their warrants of trade. Tread lightly.

Drathmourn

Just my two bits worth. I find all your mods as pretty much indispensable to my continued playing of this game. Thank you for a great Mod Sam. :) and thanks for the fast update.