[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

Sam_

As it stands there area lot of feature and balance requests; it's usually the only message I get. But, as the new version is in development this current version will not be changing. Once the new version is out these mods listed here will be "classic" for those that don't like change.

Regarding tilled soil; The mod can be overpowered, but it is a simple mod designed as a way for people to easily use rich soil and make under-mountain farms. It is perfectly okay to treat it as a cheat mod, otherwise it will not be changed. If you wish a better, more balanced experience then I recommend the Vegetable Garden mod. A lot of users like to inform me of how much better that mod is at tilling soil, so it must be good. I would like to make the next version more balanced, with a decay rate on the tilled soil requiring it to be replaced, but as of A16 there are no comps for terrain defs, and with CCL not being updated, I'm sticking with my policy of no third party libraries that could enable such a feature.

Regarding Orion Corp and Glittertech; The faction is intended to be a powerful corporation that "extorts" you for not attacking you when they are not outright hostile, which is why they have no meals when visiting and you have to lock your fridge. They have no trade caravans defined in the pawn group field, so they can't spawn caravans. I've already addressed the resource grind of Glittertech enough times already so I'll skip that.

asquirrel

Quote from: Sam_ on January 01, 2017, 05:24:33 AM
As it stands there area lot of feature and balance requests; it's usually the only message I get. But, as the new version is in development this current version will not be changing. Once the new version is out these mods listed here will be "classic" for those that don't like change.

Regarding tilled soil; The mod can be overpowered, but it is a simple mod designed as a way for people to easily use rich soil and make under-mountain farms. It is perfectly okay to treat it as a cheat mod, otherwise it will not be changed. If you wish a better, more balanced experience then I recommend the Vegetable Garden mod. A lot of users like to inform me of how much better that mod is at tilling soil, so it must be good. I would like to make the next version more balanced, with a decay rate on the tilled soil requiring it to be replaced, but as of A16 there are no comps for terrain defs, and with CCL not being updated, I'm sticking with my policy of no third party libraries that could enable such a feature.

Regarding Orion Corp and Glittertech; The faction is intended to be a powerful corporation that "extorts" you for not attacking you when they are not outright hostile, which is why they have no meals when visiting and you have to lock your fridge. They have no trade caravans defined in the pawn group field, so they can't spawn caravans. I've already addressed the resource grind of Glittertech enough times already so I'll skip that.

Personally, I love the till toil feature with the built-in limited terraforming.  It might be overpowered but if people don't like it then they just don't have to use the tilled soil feature. 

One thing with Glitter tech I had a question about.  My colonists are dying for medicine and glitter world medicine.  Is glitter tech something that I unlock in the research tree that gives you access to the glitter world and regular medicine?  Thanks for the info! :)

BlackGyver

Hello! Great looking mod you have there! I don't plan on using it in my current playthrough because I'm aiming for another theme, but one feature seemed absolutely essential to have regardless; the Orion Corp stun baton! The base game lacks nonlethal options, and this is a great addition!

Now, I was wondering if it was possible to only include the stun baton in my game, and if so, how?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

animagus_kitty

Two questions. One, does Dye Vat work with A16, and does it work with existing saves?

Lennbolt7

Any chance for a combat realism patch?

asquirrel

Hey, I bought one of those brainpal modules and my nitwit doctor had a failure during the install.  He ended up damaging the module.  Is there any way I can repair it or should I either just eat the loss and try to sell it or deconstruct it?  Thanks for the info!

Thundercraft

Q: Was the Steam workshop release of Dye Vat taken down?
QuoteError
The item is either marked as hidden or you do not have permission to view it.

lordgrunt

Hi,
For some reason I cannot make some items provided by this mod, their recipes are simply not there when adding new bill.
These missing items are:
-Serum (interestingly, i can put a bill to produce glitterworld Medicine which uses serum)
-Alpha&Beta Poly
I'm also using ExpandedProsthetics&OrganEngineering, another mod with lots of complex recipes, i tried to reorder loading of those two, but with no effect.

Sorry for stupid questions :) appearently i need to build appropriate buildings.

MMAciek

Stand among the millions of dead souls and ask them if they honor means something. Silence will be your answer.

illyazer

For some reason with this mod I can't use the comms console. I press RMB on the console and there is nothing

hector212121

Quote from: asquirrel on January 11, 2017, 11:40:44 AM
Hey, I bought one of those brainpal modules and my nitwit doctor had a failure during the install.  He ended up damaging the module.  Is there any way I can repair it or should I either just eat the loss and try to sell it or deconstruct it?  Thanks for the info!

Why not hold onto it in case someone got braindamaged enough that it's a improvement?

asquirrel

Quote from: hector212121 on January 18, 2017, 10:36:30 AM
Quote from: asquirrel on January 11, 2017, 11:40:44 AM

If the module is damaged I think it reduces the effectiveness of it, but I'm not sure.  Maybe someone knows the answer.  It would be great to be able to repair it though just in case. 
Why not hold onto it in case someone got braindamaged enough that it's a improvement?

Canute

Not sure if it a mod conflict or a design mistake.
Pawn with a APB-1 rifle/pistol allways wear shields. I don't own other glitter weapons so far so i don't know if it with other weapons too. But this happen with vanilla weapons.
Ofcouse he can't even shoot with that shields.

rekasa

How do I acquire some of the orion corp's stuff without killing them? I paid a ton of silver to get their goodwill up, and when I try to request a caravan, I just see this.

harpo99999

canute, I have seen thisbehaviour in the base game, but there is a simple workaround using the assign menu for the costume set and cross on each of the types of shields, then all colonists with that costume type will drop the shields that they have