[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

boothnat

May I suggest that the time before commandos be increased to 200-250 days? I was playing on rough, and, perhaps because I installed mid game, even with a few of the added weapons I barely held off the new enemies, and had to use cheats because they do not flee. Please allow the commandos to flee.

Tgr

Is this mod (no surgery version) compatible with RBSE?

Rel

How do I stop cruise missiles firing at a certain area? They fired in my base when I had a infestations and really fucked up a lot of my things.

becks0815

just like with every weapon: highlight it, there is an option called "hold fire". I always have this activated on cruise missiles because of the demolition and issues they cause when shot to the wrong target. I wish you could tell them the spot they should fire at.

Side comment: I clearly disklike how much plasteel you need just to get a single Titanium. 16:1 conversion rate isn't worth using it and as soon as you have converted some plasteel you are swimming in silicon. 4:1 would be a better rate in my eyes.

It also would be great if the advanced bionics would have a different name (like GT bionic). You never know what your doctor picks up when you try to attach an advanced bionic arm to a colonist because it might be the GT version or the vanilla(?) (or EPO) one.

Vlyxnol

I want to thank Sam for making these mods, I'm enjoying them very much! However I was sad to find we couldn't craft the various weapons, armor, and shields you put into the game. So I did it myself!

I've added around 800 lines of codes which adds 1 workbench called Robotic Weapons, Armor, and Shields "RoboticWAS" for short. I than added the following Recipes to it:

APB-1Pistol (Tier1)
APB-1Rifle (Tier1)
APB-1Projector (Tier2)
EMRifle (Tier2)
MRGPistol (Tier3)
MRGRifle (Tier3)
NanoSuit (Tier2)
NanoSuitHelmet (Tier2)
ReactiveShellArmor (Tier1)
FibreSkin (Tier2)
NanoSpeed (Tier2)
HC1Shield (Tier3)
OCShield (Tier1)

The workbench is researched under Robotic Assembly. Tier 1 items use materials you can make immediately. Tier 2 items use Alpha Poly with other materials so further research is required. Tier 3 items use Beta Poly with other materials.

I've also rebalanced the weapons a bit and lower some of their damage, I used the Charge Rifle numbers as a starting point and the Tier1 items are now slightly better than those numbers. Also I had to adjust "Produce Titanium" reaction to give more titanium due to the greater need. Lastly I changed "Produce Plasteel" So that it takes Steel and Silicon and gives Plasteel.

I added a "_Vlyx" to the name of each file I've tinkered with to make it easier for you if your interested in using this code. The following files I've created / changed.
Defs/RecipeDefs/Recipes_AdvancedProduction_Vlyx.xml
Defs/RecipeDefs/Recipes_AdvancedWAS_Vlyx.xml (Created)
Defs/ThingsDefs/Apparel_NanoSuitArmour_Vlyx.xml
Defs/ThingsDefs/Buildings_AdvancedProduction_Vlyx.xml
Defs/ThingsDefs/Weapons_APB-1Group_Vlyx.xml
Defs/ThingsDefs/Weapons_MRG-5Group_Vlyx.xml
Defs/WorkGiverDefs/WorkGivers_Vlyx.xml (Created)

I feel I should ask permission before uploading this here on the forums if people are interested, So let me know if you have a problem with this and I won't. If you are interested in this code let me know and I can make a full changelog if you want it.

I was thinking about re-balancing Market Values to reflect the new material costs+labor, but i did not.

Glittertech is a great mod I only hope to add to it,
Vlyxnol.

Vlyxnol

I have yet to hear from Sam unfortunately but I have been having alot of fun with this mod, and I hope he will consider at some point the changes I've made.

I have continued to refine this mod for personal use, below are the overall feature changes;

~~~Overall Features~~~
Updated to Alpha17!
Created a new turret, the APB-1Turret. Burns targets just like the APB-1 Rifle.
Created two new melee weapons, the GlitterTech Blade and GlitterTech Flail, with custom artwork.
Re-worked the entire tech tree, Items unlock logically now, only after you have the materials to build them.
Rebalanced most weapons, turrets, mortars, and apparel in the game.
Added Crafting of most weapons, armor, apparel, shields, and power armor.
Orion Corp is now permanently Hostile but only attacks after 2 years.
Commando's are stronger and give better loot, but only attack after 4 years.
Updated descriptions to most items and techs to let the player know exactly what (and how many)it produces or unlocks.
Rebalanced the materials crafted amount. More Titanium and less Silicon, but you can make more Silicon if you trade or mine for Titanium.
Steel can be made into Plasteel, Plasteel into Titanium, Titanium into AlphaPoly, AlphaPoly into Beta Poly. However, it is still better to mine or trade for Titanium, Plasteel, and Steel, as producing it is a net loss.
Made Gold more heavily focused as the end game resource highly sought after.
Increased Power usage of all GlitterTech turrets.
Fixed alot of other small bugs.

I really am hoping Sam will respond soon with a yes or no to look at these changes. I think I've pretty much done the overhaul he's looking to do.

Thanks, Vlyxnol.

SeanMungo

Hi there, first post in the forums.

I am seemingly confused about the particulars with the "Advanced Bionics" from glitter tech.
I cannot seem to find any information regarding this topic anywhere. I have looked through multiple pages of this forum thread and of course, google.

Are the Advanced Bionics only available to purchase from Orbital Traders?
Or are they craftable.. :o?

I have EPOE, didnt exactly know there were bionics from this mod.

A crashed survivor had an Advanced Bionic Leg, and I went through the necessary steps to craft them, only to find out they weren't even half as powerful. Found out it was the Glitter Tech Bionics.

Any help would be appreciated, I see there's really only 2 possible answers.
- EPOE Stops Glitter Tech Bionics
- They simply can't be crafted

Other then that, it has been great so far. Thank you very much for the mod. C:

Dr_Zhivago

SeanMungo

Sam_

QuoteHey I've been working again on your GlitterTech mod. I've added alot to it and I'm wondering if you'll consider my changes. I really think I've done alot of work you'll be happy with as I've reworked the tech tree, rebalanced alot of items, added crafting of weapons, armor, shields, and apparel, added a turret, and much more.

QuoteI think I've pretty much done the overhaul he's looking to do.

I think you may have misunderstood the scale of the overhaul I have planned. Of course there has been a considerable delay on the changes, a combination of real life influences and general lack of interest or motivation in Rimworld at this stage. However the changes will happen at some point, and they will be considerably larger then what you have achieved. The tech tree will be vastly different, even from the structure of the vanilla game, and the quantity of new resources, production benches, weapons and factions is over twice what this version currently has. The biggest point to highlight in the overhaul is the modular structure.

There will be a core mod with several large industrial mods, with most additional features added as separate mods to give people the ability to pick and choose, depending on their interest. For example a bionic mod designed to work with my industrial foundation can be removed and replaced with EPOE.

QuoteI know modders are often apprehensive about taking a big edit from someone else, but i'd be happy to give you a very detailed changelog to make your life easier.
The apprehensive attitude by us modders comes from being protective over our mods and creations. It is so easy for somebody to simply cut and paste my mod, change the features to be just different enough to be overlooked.

You have made changes to the mod that don't follow the design philosophy or overall vision for Glittertech, and you did it without permission or discussion with me. So, I'll have to say no. You can do whatever you want with your local version, so long as it remains local, it makes no difference to me, but the public version will stay as is.

Please keep in mind that I have no intention of discouraging an active modder for this community. Of course I'm not giving you permission to upload changes to my mod, but perhaps you could shift your efforts to creating a new mod from scratch, with your own ideas.

Vlyxnol

Quote from: Sam_ on May 19, 2017, 04:45:54 AM
You have made changes to the mod that don't follow the design philosophy or overall vision for Glittertech, and you did it without permission or discussion with me. So, I'll have to say no. You can do whatever you want with your local version, so long as it remains local, it makes no difference to me, but the public version will stay as is.

Please keep in mind that I have no intention of discouraging an active modder for this community. Of course I'm not giving you permission to upload changes to my mod, but perhaps you could shift your efforts to creating a new mod from scratch, with your own ideas.

I understand your decision and respect it, I have not made it public nor will do so in the future as you have requested.

I was only looking to help if you desired it, and I was not intending to receive credit.

Good luck with Glittertech its a good mod and it sounds like your overhaul will make it better.

Vlyxnol

Edit~~~

Here are ONLY the changes I had to make to my personal version to get Glittertech updated to alpha 17. Maybe it will help you.

Replaced PersonalShieldRechargeRate and PersonalShieldEnergyMax with EnergyShieldRechargeRate and EnergyShieldEnergyMax
Added Mass to both shields
Added Description on shields to belts
Changed BodyPartGroups to Waist for both shields
Changed Layers to Belt for both shields
Changed ThingClass to ShieldBelt for both shields
Added careIfWornByCorpse False to both shields
Changed TexPath for both shields to the new ShieldBelt
Removed Commonality under <apparel> as it was produce an error, for all Apparel Items.
Changed <FactionBaseNameMaker> to <baseNameMaker> for both factions
Changed <FactionBaseSelectionWeight> to <baseSelectionWeight> for both factions
Changed Texpath for OCHelmet to Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Apparel/AdvancedHelmet/AdvancedHelmet
Changed BodyPartDef <activities> to <tags>
Changed OTVehicleBodies TurretHull Coverage to 0.85 (TurretActuator's Children Cannot have total coverage of >= 1)
Changed BodyParts both Tracks to <li>MovingLimbCore</li>, trackchain to <li>MovingLimbSegment</li>, and wheelsystem to <li>ManipulationLimbCore</li>

faltonico

The Speed Skin Suit increases the chances of failing dramatically, if that is intended, is not described in the tooltip of the item (see images).

On another subject, after testing the mod, I am more interested in the factions, are you still planing on releasing those as standalone with their weapons?

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Multistream

Is there separate glitter tech bionics mod?

matthewgareth

asquirrel

I just ran into some of those Orion corp soldiers with their MBT.  I was lucky that I had ED Shields running and my guys were under it or we would have been slaughtered.  The shield stopped like 30+ shots from the soldiers that had had the triple rocket launcher.  I was hoping I had the ultimate weapon only to discover that the Orion soldiers have unlimited ammo for the rocket launcher but I only get one shot with it.  What a bummer. 

They showed up with an MBT.   That thing is freaking ridiculously hard to destroy and it fires either rockets or shells at you.  I probably hit it with guns and melee weapons over 500 times and I finally killed it.  It was the last enemy to die on the map.  Even after we were cleaning up the bodies my tigers were attacking it over and over.  It seems kind of OP.