[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

RyunosukeKnT

needs to update all the download links :)

I think steam is the only one updated, dropbox and github still running a16 versions

InsanePlumber

@Sam
Please update the links for GitHub.
Not all people use STEAM to manage mods. (auto update s**t)
If you want to do something do it right or do not do it at all.

I always say or write what I think.
Well, but political correctness?
I'm not a politician...
I Am A Human.

Skarovas

Please, update A17 to Ludeon, not everyone use Steam

memphis

Do I have to buy this game again on steam to use this mod now? just wondering

Pepelnica1488

buy this game after 16 - 17 alpha 6 months afk developing? pffff xDD

memphis

But modders keep it alive and I already own it - just not on steam :(

EpicRabbit

Sam  [author] 22 minutes ago <-- ON STEAM (02.June.17 20.00 CEST)
I don't have reliable internet at the moment, so a forum update will have to wait.

So keep patient and wait :D

InsanePlumber

Quote from: EpicRabbit on June 02, 2017, 02:14:34 PM
I don't have reliable internet at the moment, so a forum update will have to wait.
I have not heard such a hopeless excuse for so long.
So now the internet works selectively?
Sam_ Recent Activity on STEAM 32.4 hours past 2 weeks  ( 2017-06-07 )
If you want to do something do it right or do not do it at all.

I always say or write what I think.
Well, but political correctness?
I'm not a politician...
I Am A Human.

Sam_

Quote from: InsanePlumber on June 07, 2017, 03:12:45 AM

I have the Steam app, which counts toward the time online, I would assume. Yes, I'm using my phone as a hotspot, because I have no wired connection at the moment, which will cost me $10 per gigabyte of data used, up and down, so I have decided to leave the forum upload until my wired connection is working.

You don't see much bad language from me here on the forum, but considering I make mods for free, rather then paying to make them, perhaps you could kindly go fuck yourself. I don't need to excuse anything, perhaps I'll simply decide to delay the forum upload a month behind the steam version to encourage people to use the workshop.

I can see a few people here use the forum download in order to avoid Steam's automatic workshop updates. If you would like a solution, rather then taking the time to just complain about it. You can subscribe to the mod on the workshop, allow the download to complete, navigate to "\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\294100" and copy the folder called "725576127". Then navigate to "\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods" and paste the folder. Rename it to Glittertech, and then you will have a hard copy just like the forum download. Then  unsubscribe from the mod on Steam, or leave it subscribed so you can do the same process above every time a new version is downloaded, whatever you want.

Pararoid

Quote from: Sam_ on June 07, 2017, 07:43:19 AM

I have the Steam app, which counts toward the time online, I would assume. Yes, I'm using my phone as a hotspot, because I have no wired connection at the moment which will cost me $10 per gigabyte of data used, up and down, so I have decided to leave the forum upload until my wired connection is working.

You don't see much bad language from me here on the forum, but considering I make mods for free, rather then paying to make them, perhaps you could kindly go fuck yourself. I don't need to excuse anything, perhaps I'll simply decide to delay the forum upload a month behind the steam version to encourage people to use the workshop.

I can see a few people here use the forum download in order to avoid Steam's automatic workshop updates. If you would like a solution, rather then taking the time to just complain about it. You can subscribe to the mod on the workshop, allow the download to complete, navigate to "\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\294100" and copy the folder called "725576127". Then navigate to "\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods" and paste the folder. Rename it to Glittertech, and then you will have a hard copy just like the forum download. Then  unsubscribe from the mod on Steam, or leave it subscribed so you can do the same process above every time a new version is downloaded, whatever you want.

Nooo :(

milon

Quote from: memphis on June 01, 2017, 05:23:51 AM
But modders keep it alive and I already own it - just not on steam :(

You can get it on Steam without buying it again. Just register your copy using your purchase email: https://ludeon.com/rimworld/getmygame/

Alternatively, you can follow Sam_'s directions about how to use the Steam version in non-Steam.

Ramsis

Hey sport, lemme just tell you right quick you need to calm down. You are not owed anything by content creators, most of them do this for free as a hobby because they enjoy doing it, not because they expect a steady stream of praise and fanfare.

Show some respect to the hard working members of our community who spend hours of their time making this game even better, because if I need to remind you to not be antagonistic and inciteful I will be temp-banning you. We don't allow hostility or attacks on our forum.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

faltonico

Quote from: Sam_ on June 07, 2017, 07:43:19 AM

That is what i usually do when authors forget to update, can't update at the moment or simply don't use the forums. This should be sticked if possible with general information cause there is people who doesn't seem to know about this (otherwise they wouldn't be bitching abut it).

Sam_

My pathetic Australian FTTN connection is fixed. And the download links here and on the Github repo are updated.

Ashardalon411

So ty for this update ! i can't play Rimworld whitout them ! (almost ^^) and i was desesperate to find a mod who add an enough power full power plant, now i have. Hell yeah !