[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

Pepelnica1488

this shit still not rebalanced?

User was warned for this post.

Sam_

With motivation like that you can expect to wait another six months.

Chicken Plucker

Hey Sam, long time subscriber and fan of this classic mod. I wanna thank you for your hard work which inspired me to make my own mods also, in fact I credited you for a recent faction mod I made since I was having trouble with some things and your coding for glitter tech really helped me get off a ditch I was stuck in.

I understand you are having difficulties making progress with your Glitter Tech due to life issues but I hope what you've helped little chickens like me do encourages you. Cheers fam

- Chicken cluck cluck cluck cock a doodler.

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Calahan

Quote from: Pepelnica1488 on August 10, 2017, 09:58:40 AM
this shit still not rebalanced?
@ Pepelnica - This is not the first time you have made a personal attack against a mod and its creator, but if you want to remain a member of this community then it will be your last.

If you can not learn to be appreciative of the free content mod creators kindly provide, or keep your unconstructive criticism to yourself, then maybe it's better if you stop using the results of other people's free labour altogether, or learn not to say anything at all if you can't refrain from posting insults.

Sam_

Quote from: ChickenForcer on August 11, 2017, 06:21:58 AM
Hey Sam, long time subscriber and fan of this classic mod. I wanna thank you for your hard work which inspired me to make my own mods also, in fact I credited you for a recent faction mod I made since I was having trouble with some things and your coding for glitter tech really helped me get off a ditch I was stuck in.

I understand you are having difficulties making progress with your Glitter Tech due to life issues but I hope what you've helped little chickens like me do encourages you. Cheers fam

- Chicken cluck cluck cluck cock a doodler.

Thank you for the kind words, and the credit. It was not necessary really, copying code is fair game, credit is only an issue when you use assets or reupload my mod I some form.

I also wanted to clarify that the mod isn't delayed because of any real issue, I've mostly moved to other projects, this mod gets developed now and then, and updated for each alpha but completing the changes I have planned won't happen anytime soon.

Also as a general point for any readers, the new version will need a lot of art assets, if anyone is interested let me know.

Bonesmasha

- Not CE compatible - are you going to release a patch ?
- The Orion tank can be butchered - can't you code it to be treated like a mech and be disassembled ?
- Apparel and weapons yield 0 resources when salvaged with the use of any other mod

Are you going to work on compatibility with other mods ?

Sam_

The answers to your questions are evident in previous replies.

Mydayyy

Hi,

I noticed that the Glittertech Inferno Cannon still despawns as soon as you haul or drop it. Is this intended behaviour? I saw that this was reported in 2015 but didn't see any further replies about that one

Best Regards
Mydayyy

InsanePlumber

Hello Sam,

Our last "conversation" was not very nice for what I'm sorry.  :-[
I really appreciate your work.

I just started my adventure with modding RW (I mean doing them) it's not much, but I has to start somewhere.

Corrected texture path for the Orion Corporation Helmet. (GlitterTechNS)
http://i.imgur.com/OKzcbuZ.png

I have done for my own needs separate bookmark for GT research.
http://i.imgur.com/Aebsj5Y.png

If you want please use this.
Everything is in the attachment.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
If you want to do something do it right or do not do it at all.

I always say or write what I think.
Well, but political correctness?
I'm not a politician...
I Am A Human.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Sam_ on August 11, 2017, 04:27:39 PM
Also as a general point for any readers, the new version will need a lot of art assets, if anyone is interested let me know.

Will be on call if you need me, I have decent photoshop knowledge and my own pen tablet at home. Or at least, I can hand you .psd stuff I made to easily produce outfits in batch

skullywag

How easily Chicken? Is it a latered template like the others ive seen or do you have some infinitely clever way of doing apparel??? Teach my your ways.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: skullywag on August 18, 2017, 03:05:17 AM
How easily Chicken? Is it a latered template like the others ive seen or do you have some infinitely clever way of doing apparel??? Teach my your ways.

Oke, I will try to make a tutorial for others who want to learn how to make outfits too in my next mod and hopefully it is useful for anybody experienced too

Duftmand

I think I might have found a bug or an issue or something.. I'm no dev, and this problem may entirely be a product of my own stupidity, but I figured one of you guys might know.

I've been having some issues with outfits (anything from combat boots and suits to parkas and jackets) requiring the use of Alpha or beta poly in their recipe instead of textiles like leather or cloth. I'm using the hardcore SK mod pack, and i might be entirely mistaken, but isn't Alpha and Beta Poly this mod authors creation?

I could create parkas and jackets in the beginning just fine, but after having some issues with Steam (trying to reinstall it and accidentally deleting 600GB worth of games, and having steam not recognize the remaining ones after reinstall) it seems like the recipes have been messed up. Any help or just a finger pointing in the right direction would be greatly appreciated :)

Canute

Duftmand,
anything that belong to Hardcore-SK you should only post at HCSK thread or at the discord channel.
Even when alpha/beta are original from glitter tech, they adapt and modify the whole/most mods inside the modpack to work/fit into the modpack.
The original author isn't realy responsible for that.

My hint, try to reinstall hcsk completey, don't forget the modconfig, and look if that helps.