Ludeon Forums

Ludeon Forums

• January 27, 2020, 11:54:21 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79]

Author Topic: [1.0][MODLIST] Glitter Tech  (Read 682780 times)

Waras

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
Re: [1.0][MODLIST] Glitter Tech
« Reply #1170 on: January 14, 2020, 06:43:56 AM »

is there an option to remove/make apear later in the game for orion faction or at least remove their items on death just like mechalit does, if not then this mod is way too op, u just kill one orion guy take his stuff make urself op and ur safe till end game even on merciless difficulty

Waveshaper

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
Re: [1.0][MODLIST] Glitter Tech
« Reply #1171 on: January 14, 2020, 03:31:57 PM »

Unfortunately that's how the mod is... And the modder behind it seems to be adamant to change that stuff - at least he was when I and a few others brought some of the major balancing issues to his attention some time ago.

At that time I made an overhaul for at least the mods weapon & armor stats to be easily implemented using another mod - unfortunately I don't think that I have the files still around, at least I can't think of where I might have put them at the moment.

It's been a few years since then already - but if I remember correctly the main issues I've found had to do with one weapon line - something like 'EMRG' or so I think - especially the pistol from this weapon type, since it's possible to get your first raid enemies using them, so you can equip your pawns early with some ridiculous one-shot weaponry. I - or 'we' - decided that mainly lowering this weapon types firing rate brought the best result. Also; IIRC shieldbelts from this mod should mostly be deactivated or heavily nerfed. And then there is the problem with Alpha & Beta Pole melee weapons... I would rather deactivate both materials before attempting to balance though. I remember seeing a fork of the mod once, where the autor claimed that he balanced this version in regards to those two materials - you might google around for it.

It's sad - the rest of the mod seems to be pretty well done and enhances the game quite in the right aspects.

EDIT.: Seems my memories aren't as bad as I thought. That was the project some of 'our' values got into - at least I think that one of us had a connection to the guy behind RWWB. Unfortunately that might not be helpful at all, since the project is obviously dead. https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=932311074
BUT he still has the mod descriptions with his changed values up - so if you're using https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1084452457 or a similar mod to change in-game values, you might just import his values since nothing much should have changed in this regard since b17.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 03:39:34 PM by Waveshaper »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79]