[1.1][MODLIST] Glitter Tech

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

Somz

Quote from: Sam_ on August 25, 2014, 07:02:36 AM
that said v0.4 will probably have a much rarer custom incident involving a handful of commandos dropping, so gear up!

Quote from: Sam_ on August 26, 2014, 12:53:47 AM
The xml files uses a tag system, which my weapons had as <tags>Gun</tags> which is the default for human weapons. Pirates just get a random compliment of guns tagged with Gun. And the same system for armour. There is no way in the xml files to define the count of weapons per colony population or your owned weapons. I feel like a custom event would be more fitting to get the weapons anyway. The idea is that these weapons are fresh off the assembly line. Only a squad directly from an advanced world would have them.

So...simply removing or changing "<tags>Gun</tags>" will do the trick?

But anyway, I must say I agree with your idea. Instead of having us deal with a hundred or more, out of which 40 is equipped with M24s...
Yep, a custom event with a commando (of 5? Or less? More?) dropping in, all equipped with these would be better.
Should be easier to deal with than picking the ones carrying these weapons out of a hundred or two.

Thanks!
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

Sam_

Yes, it might also be <weaponTags> if you are doing it yourself. The fix will be in the next version in any case. Yeah, just a single squad dropping from orbit would be cool. Perhaps they can siege as well with some custom turrets, but I haven't looked over any of the incidentDefs and how to change them as of yet.

Somz

Quote from: Sam_ on August 26, 2014, 04:27:39 AM
Yes, it might also be <weaponTags> if you are doing it yourself. The fix will be in the next version in any case. Yeah, just a single squad dropping from orbit would be cool. Perhaps they can siege as well with some custom turrets, but I haven't looked over any of the incidentDefs and how to change them as of yet.

Sounds good enough, but in case they're to besiege the colony, (since they're from a very sci-fi glitterworld) they should build standard turrets, not mountable ones, with a custom power generator maybe? Or an "integrated" one.

In any case, Do us a favor and don't create some ultra mega destructor 9000 annihilator, shooting hundred a minute... ^^
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

Sam_

Not every mod has to be balanced, if I were to add that paryicalur item it would be downloadable on it's own. Or, very expensive.

Iwillbenicetou

Hey, sometimes it's nice to just anhilate raiders ;D
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Zeta Omega

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on August 26, 2014, 01:31:34 PM
Hey, sometimes it's nice to just anhilate raiders ;D
Agreed, having a squad equipped with EMRG's is very interesting....and funny

Iwillbenicetou

This is how much power has corrupted me: my first three colonist magicallt find 3 M4A1 Pluse rifles (the most OP Project Armory weapon), and use it to kill a horde of zombies. They also get magical food spawning in, when they are starving.

Sam_

Iwillbenicetou

Yeah! I will try and tear for bugs. I have been getting bored of doing nothing, so will start playing.

Zeta Omega

Zeta Omega

Do you literally have to create a whole new world with the generation thing or make a new colony

Iwillbenicetou

Zeta Omega

Iwillbenicetou

You have to create an entire new world. An they are rare as it is...

Sam_

Quote from: Sam_ on August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

• Note: factions are created when the WORLD is created (not the colony) so new factions added will not exist in current saves. To experience the Commandos faction you need a new world. A future version may resolve this.