[1.1][MODLIST] Glitter Tech

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

slayerlucas4

i dont know if this is just a problem for me or if this happens with everyone, so i installed glittertech (loved it) then i saw the zombie apocalypse mod and i just had to install it, but there seams to be conflict between the commando pawns and zombie pawns, at first zombies wouldnt spawn in but then i reloaded some of the mods and now glitertech works but commandos wont spawn (even through the developer menu) i love both mods and would like them to work side-by-side so could you possibly look into making them compatible? :)

slayerlucas4

Quote from: slayerlucas4 on November 20, 2014, 11:34:07 PM
i dont know if this is just a problem for me or if this happens with everyone, so i installed glittertech (loved it) then i saw the zombie apocalypse mod and i just had to install it, but there seams to be conflict between the commando pawns and zombie pawns, at first zombies wouldnt spawn in but then i reloaded some of the mods and now glitertech works but commandos wont spawn (even through the developer menu) i love both mods and would like them to work side-by-side so could you possibly look into making them compatible? :)

sorry i meant to say zombie apocalypse mod works with glittertech but commandos dont spawn anymore  ::)

Zeta Omega

IM BACK!!! Its been to long since I played with this mod, so much fun

Ded1

So i have an idea that would be cool for you to add (and would make sense for a glitter tech world).  Something you can place that repairs everything near it.  Like T's trashcan that cleans rooms automatically, but for fixing stuff.
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

Kulverstukass

For those telling about "fair and balanced", answereth me.

First raider, that training dummy, was alone and armed with a knife, standard walking tutorial about raiding and imprisoning.
Second one was alone, too. Full nano-suited with APB-machinegun. Actually, that gun was overkill already, as he has 95% invincibility to Piercing and 80% to Blunt and Heat. But still, he was armed, and it wasn't just fast aiming and good precision bursting weapon, it also done heat damage, making people burn and run from cover, if they wasn't dead after that flaming bullet swarm, which armor vest can't stop.

95% invincibility isn't even close to be balanced, i'm not talking about other guns with 20-80 damage, 0.08-2s warmup w/o cooldown at 30-60 distance.
How heavily modded game you play, so you can manage 95% invincible raiders, that roflstomp you from far, far away?
Keep calm and become one with Russia, da?

Ded1

the base armor setup does not protect hands or feet.  So you could accidentaly blow his feet off or something.  But i do understand where your coming from.  I have played with TTM and had the black void on the first day once.  Its frustrating as hell.  That kinda stuff is something i am trying to balance with my modpack (it has glitterworld in it). 

The problem comes about with the fact that he didnt make outfits with just partial sets of armor, so they always spawn fully armed and armored.  I am in the process of making outfit sets for each piece of armor and any combination of them as well.  This way when it wants a really cheap raid they may come in with just a helmet, or nothing on at all but a decent gun.
Feel Good Modpack

Kulverstukass

Quote from: Ded1 on November 22, 2014, 03:51:37 AM
the base armor setup does not protect hands or feet.  So you could accidentaly blow his feet off or something.  But i do understand where your coming from.  I have played with TTM and had the black void on the first day once.  Its frustrating as hell.  That kinda stuff is something i am trying to balance with my modpack (it has glitterworld in it).
As BodyDef xml-s says, Hand is a part of an Arm, which fully covered by Power-armor and Nano-armor as well and so goes for Feet and Leg.
I don't see how it may helps anyway, hope for 5% to make raider, IF he will be alone, (and they'll come in pack of ~5 next time) slower and run circles around my food storage until he dies of starvation?

Quote from: Ded1 on November 22, 2014, 03:51:37 AM
The problem comes about with the fact that he didnt make outfits with just partial sets of armor, so they always spawn fully armed and armored.  I am in the process of making outfit sets for each piece of armor and any combination of them as well.  This way when it wants a really cheap raid they may come in with just a helmet, or nothing on at all but a decent gun.
Why not just make it available for raiders, it will balance itself due to adjusted cost, and at some moment they will spawn with Nano-helmet, then with some simple gun but no armor, then just with a knife but Nano-armored and so on?

Ded1

I'm going through the files and the costs aren't that high. so then you would just end up with large hoards of raiders with nano armor instead of the smaller commando groups.  But if you want to talk about me balancing it we should continue this conversation on my modpack thread so we aren't hijacking his mod thread.  And in order for the raiders to get the gear i would have to do the same thing i am doing already for the commandos, set up outfit groups.
Feel Good Modpack

Kulverstukass

Quote from: Ded1 on November 22, 2014, 04:49:24 AM
im going through the files and the costs arent that high. so then you would just end up with large hoards of raiders with nano armor instead of the smaller commando groups.
Oops, that's my bad english shows up, "adjusted cost" was meant to balance their spawn (Glitter items) by that "money/points cost" game use to calculate equipment. As i'm having MRG-5 items for 20k+ at traders, as i'm not sure how to clean world and save files from factions and such.
And there still be hordes of Commandos as i don't see any quantity limitation in Faction or PawnKinds_xxx.xml-s.

Ded1

The limitation comes from the full outfit costing a certain ammount and (for quite a while anyway) raids cap at around 1k points (not sure what that means but i still only got 1-2 raiders from it)
Feel Good Modpack

Ded1

So i modified the glitter tech in my modpack so now commandos can spawn with incomplete loadouts.  The more pieces of armor they can possibly have the higher chances of having more armor in general though.  So heavies are likely to have 2 pieces while normal commandos are likely to have 1 (do to each having 3 and 2 total for their armor sets respectively).  All commandos have a small chance to spawn naked though. As well as a small-med chance to spawn with full gear.

The reason i am posting this here is because at least a few people wanted commandos to not spawn in full gear all the time.  So i offered them a version with that feature.
Feel Good Modpack

Zeta Omega

UM the speed suit and another suit... I think it was the fiber one actually... have the same stats

Ded1

if your talking about the 2 suits the mod adds then no they dont, just went through the def files and while the armoring isnt that different the speed boost is massive for the speed suit
Feel Good Modpack

Zeta Omega

Quote from: Ded1 on November 23, 2014, 01:40:01 PM
if your talking about the 2 suits the mod adds then no they dont, just went through the def files and while the armoring isnt that different the speed boost is massive for the speed suit
Two of the suits had the same stats, just one had more  speed

Ded1

Your right i remembered the numbers wrong when i read it the first time.  I think i am going to decrease the armor of the speed suit for my modpack then to try and balance it some.
Feel Good Modpack