[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

Hayhorse

Are the impac charges even in the game? They are listed in the features yet in the spawn list for items they don't exist. HOW GET.

palandus

They are listed under Security, with the Turrets.

@Sam_; If I had known the difficulty was on purpose I wouldn't have asked; I'd have just made the modifications for my own game and leave it at that. Course, if you want that difficulty that's your business. But I don't like it myself.

tuver

love this mod. It isn't too OP. I am thinking 75 stone blocks for one silicon is a lot, but am dealing with it.

Sam_

I was unsure of how extreme to make the Silicon recipe, considering the idea is to filter the stone until you find trace silicon, but then of course it's just a game. I'll bump it down to 30, and maybe I could make it take only specific rock types.

palandus

Well, you could make it require just sandstone blocks. Sandstone is compacted down sand, and sand is rich in silicon. 30 blocks though is still a bit steep as a single Sandstone Rock chunk only produces 20 or so blocks, so you'd need 1.5 Sandstone Chunks PER silicon, which when you think about that, that's a lot of Sandstone Chunks to get anywhere.

lude

Quote from: palandus on December 31, 2014, 05:48:50 PM
The difficulty with electric floors though is getting a commando or raider to walk on them. Great for an interior base defense, but outside, with lightning strikes, and bush fires, its unlikely the power conduits / walls with conduits would survive to keep a constant flow of energy directed to the floors.

Also, it would require some foresight on the player to not accidently allow your own colonists to walk onto the floor and get incapped as well. Be a silly "game over" if all your colonists ran to capture incapped raiders and got incapped as well.
Rubber boots! :3

also I like all the psychic device ideas, but colonists shouldn't be invincible unless brain surgery

someone should make a lobotomy mod that makes colonists psychically deaf but reduces learning by 75% as well as brain activity and social impact

Hayhorse

The impaction charges are not there, there also is no research for it if there is suppost to be

Austin_Kim

For some reason, EMRG turret base is so small for me that I can't see it when built. I re-installed mod and looked up thingdefs to fix myself, but no solutions :(

Sam_

Yes, the turret bases are a slight frustration right now. I have fixed it, but now the UI icon is massive, and ugly. It seems the only way to fix the ingame size, is to ruin the UI icon. I'll look into it further, but I hope the XML structure is changed to have a UI icon graphic separate from the ingame graphic.

Quote from: Hayhorse on January 05, 2015, 07:08:21 PM
The impaction charges are not there, there also is no research for it if there is suppost to be

The impaction charges require the research; Electro plasmatics, and is located in the security tab. I have no idea why it's missing on your list, perhaps try re-downloading the mod.

Hayhorse

Quote from: Sam_ on January 08, 2015, 11:41:09 PM
The impaction charges require the research; Electro plasmatics, and is located in the security tab. I have no idea why it's missing on your list, perhaps try re-downloading the mod.

I am going to try a reinstall, also any idea why the modpack "Panic and Insomnia" doesn't work with my game? It might just be outdated mods but still 2 mods seem to load before the "Core" mod, Apothocarius and one other, gonna go post this on the thing for Apothocarius now.

Kilderon

Regarding the Plasma Reactor. I understand that it's still in development, but thought I'd point out one major flaw that makes the entire thing unusable at present:

14 x 14 is pretty dang large, but the critical flaw is that it's flammable. That's a pretty big lightning target you can't put a roof over, and the first time it gets struck the entire thing is going to burn down, because your pawns have no way of putting it out, since the majority of it is unreachable.

With it needing to be outdoors, without a roof considering it's size, between lightning, incendiary mortars, and just random fires, it's difficult to justify building, it'll never last long enough to be worth it's price. That's one expensive piece of kit for a simple molotov or random bush fire to almost guarantee kill.

Also curious that it's a heat producer, since it has to be in an area with an open roof, it'll always be heating the outdoors so that's probably just wasted processing ticks.

Austin_Kim

Quote from: Kilderon on January 10, 2015, 01:47:12 AM
Regarding the Plasma Reactor. I understand that it's still in development, but thought I'd point out one major flaw that makes the entire thing unusable at present:

14 x 14 is pretty dang large, but the critical flaw is that it's flammable. That's a pretty big lightning target you can't put a roof over, and the first time it gets struck the entire thing is going to burn down, because your pawns have no way of putting it out, since the majority of it is unreachable.

With it needing to be outdoors, without a roof considering it's size, between lightning, incendiary mortars, and just random fires, it's difficult to justify building, it'll never last long enough to be worth it's price. That's one expensive piece of kit for a simple molotov or random bush fire to almost guarantee kill.

Also curious that it's a heat producer, since it has to be in an area with an open roof, it'll always be heating the outdoors so that's probably just wasted processing ticks.

Actually you can put it under roof...if you have underground cryptosleep shrine. Ancient people have some kind of technology that prevents overhead mountain from falling. So I can confirm that it does not heat indoor.

HBKRKO619

Hello.
I have no texture for the MRG-5 pistol in the EDBprepare carefully mod and in game.
Yes, I have restart my game after activated the mod and yes, I tried to save and load my game after restarting my game one more time ^^

Hayhorse

Okay, I was an idiot, I just never researched any of the tech for the mod >.< My thinking was that it would be available from a single research piece and that it was missing. AND my reasoning for that is that a explosive charge that can dig right through bedrock to an aquifer wouldn't be THAT advanced. Good thing I still got Candry, took my 3 days to get to it.

Bodog999

Is it normal for the Xenon-Ion turbine to start fires when its closed in and has no roof above it?