Turrets wont attack crazy animals

Started by Greski09, November 05, 2013, 12:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greski09

Please fix this ASAP, these boomrats keep breaking my doors down infront of huge turrets and they do nothing.

Semmy

Not sure if this is a bug or a design choice.

It might be that the sensors on the turrets can't see the small boomrats and squirrels.
Get your colonists armed with clubs and stones to smash them to death.

* Semmy awaits in pleasure for greski to have 5 colonists go in melee and go up in flames with the boomrat
Just kidding (-:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

British

Lore-wise, an explanation would be that turrets have a IFF system based on weapon-bearing rather than aggressivity.

Or it's just an oversight (probably low on the to-do list) :P

Bobthefarmer1

Quote from: Semmy on November 05, 2013, 01:21:18 AM
Not sure if this is a bug or a design choice.

It might be that the sensors on the turrets can't see the small boomrats and squirrels.
Get your colonists armed with clubs and stones to smash them to death.

* Semmy awaits in pleasure for greski to have 5 colonists go in melee and go up in flames with the boomrat
Just kidding (-:

Same thing happens with me, but by that logic, muffalos would be targeted, but they don't in my game.

enystrom8734

Quote from: Greski09 on November 05, 2013, 12:41:40 AM
Please fix this ASAP, these boomrats keep breaking my doors down infront of huge turrets and they do nothing.

This is a design choice by Tynan. It is unlikely to be changed unless significantly complained about. This might be more of a suggestion than bug. It might already exist in the suggestions forums.
E Nystrom - @enystrom8734

Greski09

Well I guess he plans on adding domesticated mutts perhaps? Tardehounds, genetically engineered flame-retardant hunting dogs? It's not that one or two are the problem, its when a wave of psychic energy hits and I have 10 of them or 15 of them charging at me. Yes it's happened, and no none of us made it out of that alive.

enystrom8734

E Nystrom - @enystrom8734