[M|0.6.532] graphical glitches

Started by Teovald, August 16, 2014, 06:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teovald

I have notived a couple of graphical issues on the last build of RimWorld (cf the attached screenshot): 
-Trees do not properly clip each others or other objects. As you can see, the wall covers the neighboring trees, whereas it should be the opposite. Same issue for two vertical rows of trees. 
-There are crazy shadows at random points of the map, they don't seem to be generated by any point on the map.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

mjones1052

There seems to be a bug where trees are causing roof zones to be created.  Is that what you're talking about in your second point?

Teovald

Maybe ... the shadow on the screenshot does look like it could be created by nearby trees creating a roof but I would have to reproduce the bug in order to be sure.

skullywag

yeah thats roofs, use the remove roof zone tool to confirm it, if it goes away its a roof.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Mystic

Quote from: skullywag on September 09, 2014, 07:17:56 PM
yeah thats roofs, use the remove roof zone tool to confirm it, if it goes away its a roof.

I've seen the same problem, quite a bit actually.  The Remove Roof Zone tool usually has no effect on it.  A couple of times the tool did get rid of the shadow ... but then the shadowed area returned on the next game day.  Very strange.

Bodog999

What happens is that the trees act like walls you can pass through them and when they make a closed circle they generate a roof the way to get rid of this is to get some pavement around your base 3-4 tiles in width are nice and they stop generating pesky roofs beside your base.