[Solved]How to make an animated plant or building??

Started by Compozitor, August 16, 2014, 11:16:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Compozitor

Hello everyone! I'm new to Rim World modding, and i have this question...

How to make growing plants? Or animated buildings? Maybe effects?

How to define it in the xml files, and what names must graphics files have for it?

Thanks!!!

mrofa

You cant do animation in xml, you need to make it in dll.
As for plant, if you specify in xml growrate and stuff, as long its thinglclass is plant it will grow on its own.
If you want to make a custom grow you would need to make it in dll.
All i do is clutter all around.

Compozitor

Thank you very much!! That's all i wanted to know)))

JuliaEllie

I saw EffecterDefs which (to my understanding) might make the work/fire/spark animation effects from "bits" which are normal texture files. It might be possible to make basic animated effects with those. I will try that when Im done with my current project on extending my own mod.

Compozitor

Quote from: JuliaEllie on August 16, 2014, 12:23:31 PM
I saw EffecterDefs which (to my understanding) might make the work/fire/spark animation effects from "bits" which are normal texture files. It might be possible to make basic animated effects with those. I will try that when Im done with my current project on extending my own mod.

Oh! This would be great!

mrofa

Effecter is for job effect like butchering or cleaning. This are in most part predifined.

Compozitor

Quote from: mrofa on August 17, 2014, 07:58:20 AM
Effecter is for job effect like butchering or cleaning. This are in most part predifined.

Oh i see.  I just seen in Smelter Tutorial, at the end. There was some text about changing effects and so on. So maybe we can at least change color of effects...

mrofa

RawCode

XML is very very limited.

at same time DLL allows to do virtually anything.

Compozitor

Quote from: RawCode on August 19, 2014, 05:41:11 AM
XML is very very limited.

at same time DLL allows to do virtually anything.

Yeah... if you know C# )))