[1.3.3087] Too much animals in [World]

Started by Frannium, August 12, 2021, 11:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frannium

I don't think this is a bug but im still worried this could cause one like a memory leak (idk about programming).
The thing is that when you sell a animal it doesn't just dissapear, it gets sent to [World].
I recently sold ALOT of animals and i was dumbfounded when i saw all of them in [World].
I think that putting random animals in [World] is not necessary, maybe only putting bonded animals?. But i also think no animals should be allowed on [World] because is not like a kidnaped pawn that we can rescue, animals that leave the map don't come back EVER (In my experience atleast).

P.S: The screenshot attached is in spanish, i hope thats not a problem, and also thats the bottom of the menu, there are more.

Canute

These just increase your savegame mainly and don't have any impact at the gameplay.
Same with kidnapped or dead pawns and other history data.
Unless you are very low on RAM it doesn't matter and don't create a memory leak.

Doomster

Quote from: Canute on August 13, 2021, 03:19:02 AMdon't create a memory leak.

Technically, it's a problem similar to memory leaks. Namely, a limited-size colony takes unlimited RAM and may become unplayable, because every PC is limited in RAM.

Canute

Basicly true, but each OS got a memory swap feature, to use harddisk space instead.
Sure when you limited the swapfile or run out of diskspace you could get an out of memory crash.
But i don't think 1 pawn consume that much of data that it would be relevant at the times of gigabyte.

Pheanox

Thanks for the feature request. I don't think there is much worry for a memory leak here, however especially with the change of the livestock feature, it may be a good idea to at the very least have livestock non-bonded animals not put in to world, as they are just generic animals.