[1.3.3087] Meals made from only Milk/Eggs give "ate non-meat" debuff to Ranchers

Started by Yaluzan, August 13, 2021, 09:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yaluzan

Played using my colony before the patch on the 11th this month and everything was fine, putting milk/eggs in simple meals to feed my meat eating colonists with no debuffs. After said patch I noticed they started getting mood debuffs from eating "non-meat" from said meals.
Started a fresh save with 0 mods to make sure it wasn't a mod doing it.

Issue:
'Raw' Milk/Eggs do NOT give a "ate non-meat" debuff.
Simple meals consisting of only Milk/Eggs do give the "ate non-meat" debuff.
Technically since they're animal products which fall under the exceptions in the "Meat eating: Strictly required" precept, it should be fine to eat these in meals?

I'm guessing a slight oversight when making changes to how animal products are handled for vegetarian meals?(which happens)
Just wondering if this is just a mistake or if its intended that the milk/eggs in simple meals gives the debuff to Ranchers.

Reproducing:

• Rancher: Meat eating(strictly required)
  • Spawned in milk and a stove to cook at.
  • Drank milk > no debuff
  • Cooked meal with only milk > got debuff from eating the meal

cybergatory

Im seeing this too as of the data of this post - they also get the debuff is they use a nutrient dispenser with only milk in it.  As far as if its intended or not, I dont know, but if you hover over the precept for meat eating (strict) it says in the popup "Eggs, milk, and processed foods are fine."  So, either the behavior is wrong or the tool tip is wrong.  From an in-world perspective, it makes ZERO sense for ranchers to not want to drink milk or eat eggs.
It would be great if this was fixed soon.  I have a freezer full of meals that I cant use now.

Canute

Yaluzan,
could you please update Rimworld at first !
1.3.3102 is the latest DRM free and steam got even a higher versions.
Check if anything changed.

glass zebra

Eating a simple meal with 100% milk in it still triggers "Ate non-meat" with 1.3.3117. Milk also gets no sell price boost when selling it with the rancher meme. Maybe it's not flagged as an animal product in every regard. Did not test eggs.

Moderators Note:

Thanks for the bug report.  Milk and eggs have been revised since this posting.  As of 1.3.3164 this is no longer an issue, dairy products do not count as eating meat.