Request: let us modify sleep schedules in caravans (Relevant for Darkness meme)

Started by Tecu, August 13, 2021, 11:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tecu

Hello,
So, I'm playing an Ideoligion with the Darkness meme, and so I set all my colonist to sleep during the day and work at night. However, whenever I send them into a Caravan, they are forced to sleep at night and travel by day. This is weird because sometimes they will be fully rested but still required to sleep while at other times they must keep traveling by day instead of getting some rest.

Thanks.

GoblinCookie

Yes, the inability to modify sleep schedules in caravans is something that should have been fixed ages ago.

Denzus

Yes. This. Fortunately as far as I have been able to tell, their mood is not negatively affected by sunlight while traveling, so that's good.

The biggest problem I have encountered in this is that it usually causes my colonists to arrive at a raid site sometime during the day, which is hugely problematic with the 20% combat penalty. My only solution is to force them to wait one tile away until nightfall, which is extremely aggravating, since if I could have them travel on a night schedule, this wouldn't happen very often.

Eichkater

Yes, this and this exactly. I wanted to make a Rimworld version of the  molepeople living underneath the American continent. https://i.redd.it/sd8tqqz31kz31.jpg

They ofc live in tunnels and only come out at night to snatch people up and have them work as slaves in their underground network. The big issues arises when you actually wanna go raiding. Departure and arrival have to be managed manually to leave/arrive in darkness which is completely pointless and just aggrevating because the actual meme for such a gameplay excist. So, I wholeheartedly agree with the previous posts. Caravaning is a drag as it is... As nightprowlers it is simply not feasible.