Patient in bed for a long time

Started by gregsharp, August 13, 2021, 07:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gregsharp

First time post.  I am enjoying the game for already 9 months or so.  The game has been very stable and is running well.
The situation which prompts me to post is that a patient has been unconscious in bed for already a year or more.  Recently he is getting "Tattered apparel" penalties because he stays in the hospital so long.
I didn't find anything by searching the forum, but probably I missed something.  Please let me know.
Also, is there any way to query how long the patient has been in this state?  It would be entertaining to see.
Thank you!

Canute

Hi,
without more informations about that pawn it is impossible to say anything.
Since he is unconscious he should have somekind of injury that prevent him from waking up.
Like a brain scrar/damage that reduce his overall conscious.
You should check his health tab. Move the mouse over Consciousness and look that the tooltip say.
Then you should see what affect it.

gregsharp

Yes, patient has brain scar.  Unconscious for a year or more.  The mouseover on  consciousness says
Consciousness: Very Poort
Affected by:  Brain 3/10, Pain 36%
BTW, Canute, I see you are exactly 10000 posts.  Wow, congrats!

Alenerel

You pretty much answered yourself. Brain 3/10 means hes a vegetable. You can cure him with a healer mech serum, with luciferium (it makes him an addict FOREVER and you have to supply him with luciferium once a week or he dies) or if you dont mind cheating, with dev mode.

gregsharp

Thanks!  I never noticed those popups before, much less understood their meaning.  Looking at the wiki, it says "Brain injuries are always permanent and will never heal on their own. Eye injuries have a much greater chance of being permanent than usual."  Does that mean some human body parts can heal?

gregsharp

One more question: Is there any way to change his clothes?  It seems unkind he is neglected with tattered apparel.

SpaceCows

Quote from: gregsharp on August 15, 2021, 06:54:50 PM
Thanks!  I never noticed those popups before, much less understood their meaning.  Looking at the wiki, it says "Brain injuries are always permanent and will never heal on their own. Eye injuries have a much greater chance of being permanent than usual."  Does that mean some human body parts can heal?

When a body part gets injured, it can be permanently injured or temporarily injured. You'll know because after the pawn is at full HP (no red health bar), they still have the injury under their tab. The injury may also say "permanent". Such injuries do not heal without special intervention (replacing the part, luciferium, healer mech serum)

I'm not sure if you can change a downed person's clothes. I'm not aware of any such functionality.

robotic_gamer

an alternative would be the biosculpter pod which can heal brain damage (I have tested it)

SeminarCaviar

Biosculpter works well. The comment above just beat me to it.

gregsharp

Thank you so much!  Even so many hours playing, still a newbee.

Alenerel

I didnt know the new biosculpter thing. I dont know if you can carry a pawn into it, but if for some reason you cant, you can administer go juice to the pawn in bed so it has enough strength to get to the biosculpter by himself.