Random errors

Started by Jo The Veteran, August 13, 2021, 08:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo The Veteran

Started new save. Many mods installed.
This one just happened, and keeps repeating.

QuoteException while recalculating WearingColor_Favorite thought state for pawn John: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.ThoughtWorker_WearingColor.CurrentStateInternal (Verse.Pawn p) [0x0003a] in <9bdc0a9d1f6744a18eed5eecd85205c5>:0
  at RimWorld.ThoughtWorker.CurrentState (Verse.Pawn p) [0x00000] in <9bdc0a9d1f6744a18eed5eecd85205c5>:0
  at RimWorld.SituationalThoughtHandler.TryCreateThought (RimWorld.ThoughtDef def) [0x0001e] in <9bdc0a9d1f6744a18eed5eecd85205c5>:0
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
Verse.Log:Error (string)
RimWorld.SituationalThoughtHandler:TryCreateThought (RimWorld.ThoughtDef)
RimWorld.SituationalThoughtHandler:CheckRecalculateMoodThoughts ()
RimWorld.SituationalThoughtHandler:AppendMoodThoughts (System.Collections.Generic.List`1<RimWorld.Thought>)
RimWorld.ThoughtHandler:GetAllMoodThoughts (System.Collections.Generic.List`1<RimWorld.Thought>)
RimWorld.Alert_Thought:get_AffectedPawns ()
RimWorld.Alert_Thought:GetReport ()
RimWorld.Alert:Recalculate ()
RimWorld.AlertsReadout:CheckAddOrRemoveAlert (RimWorld.Alert,bool)
RimWorld.AlertsReadout:AlertsReadoutUpdate ()
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootUpdate ()
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Root:Verse.Root.Update_Patch1 (Verse.Root)
Verse.Root_Play:Update ()

Immediately followed by this one

QuoteException while recalculating WearingColor_Ideo thought state for pawn John: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.ThoughtWorker_WearingColor.CurrentStateInternal (Verse.Pawn p) [0x0003a] in <9bdc0a9d1f6744a18eed5eecd85205c5>:0
  at RimWorld.ThoughtWorker.CurrentState (Verse.Pawn p) [0x00000] in <9bdc0a9d1f6744a18eed5eecd85205c5>:0
  at RimWorld.SituationalThoughtHandler.TryCreateThought (RimWorld.ThoughtDef def) [0x0001e] in <9bdc0a9d1f6744a18eed5eecd85205c5>:0
RimWorld.SituationalThoughtHandler:TryCreateThought (RimWorld.ThoughtDef)
RimWorld.SituationalThoughtHandler:CheckRecalculateMoodThoughts ()
RimWorld.SituationalThoughtHandler:AppendMoodThoughts (System.Collections.Generic.List`1<RimWorld.Thought>)
RimWorld.ThoughtHandler:GetAllMoodThoughts (System.Collections.Generic.List`1<RimWorld.Thought>)
RimWorld.Alert_Thought:get_AffectedPawns ()
RimWorld.Alert_Thought:GetReport ()
RimWorld.Alert:Recalculate ()
RimWorld.AlertsReadout:CheckAddOrRemoveAlert (RimWorld.Alert,bool)
RimWorld.AlertsReadout:AlertsReadoutUpdate ()
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootUpdate ()

Thunder Rahja

This is an error in determining the colors of apparel that John is wearing and is almost certainly due to one of the many mods you are running. Try to disable one or more mods at a time to work out which mod is causing these errors, and report the errors to that mod's developer. You can also view the comments or discussion section of each mod you have enabled to see if other users have reported the same issue. If you can reproduce this issue without any mods enabled, then please explain how.

Jo The Veteran

It stopped at some point, no idea why.
Already removed SpeakUp, and RPG style inventory for that save. None of those worked well. RPG shows an empty shadow box, while SpeakUp spits a lot of white errors, "adulthood.. something from recollection"
Maybe it was one of them.

Here's another I get that at startup every time.

QuoteError in static constructor of VFECore.HarmonyPatches: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'VFECore.HarmonyPatches' threw an exception. ---> HarmonyLib.HarmonyException: Patching exception in method System.Void Verse.StaticTextureAtlas::Bake(System.Boolean rebake) ---> System.FormatException: Method System.Void Verse.StaticTextureAtlas::Bake(System.Boolean rebake) cannot be patched. Reason: Invalid IL code in (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.StaticTextureAtlas:Verse.StaticTextureAtlas.Bake_Patch0 (Verse.StaticTextureAtlas,bool): IL_00a9: stloc.s   4

at HarmonyLib.PatchFunctions.UpdateWrapper (System.Reflection.MethodBase original, HarmonyLib.PatchInfo patchInfo) [0x0008c] in <c38a8c3281a047488dac8c9d063b7abb>:0
  at HarmonyLib.PatchClassProcessor.ProcessPatchJob (HarmonyLib.PatchJobs`1+Job[T] job) [0x000bb] in <c38a8c3281a047488dac8c9d063b7abb>:0
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at HarmonyLib.PatchClassProcessor.ReportException (System.Exception exception, System.Reflection.MethodBase original) [0x0010f] in <c38a8c3281a047488dac8c9d063b7abb>:0
  at HarmonyLib.PatchClassProcessor.Patch () [0x00082] in <c38a8c3281a047488dac8c9d063b7abb>:0
  at HarmonyLib.Harmony.<PatchAll>b__10_0 (System.Type type) [0x00007] in <c38a8c3281a047488dac8c9d063b7abb>:0
  at HarmonyLib.CollectionExtensions.Do[T] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] sequence, System.Action`1[T] action) [0x00014] in <c38a8c3281a047488dac8c9d063b7abb>:0
  at HarmonyLib.Harmony.PatchAll (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly) [0x00006] in <c38a8c3281a047488dac8c9d063b7abb>:0
  at HarmonyLib.Harmony.PatchAll () [0x0001b] in <c38a8c3281a047488dac8c9d063b7abb>:0
  at VFECore.HarmonyPatches..cctor () [0x00001] in <26deeedf813d4b43b8d8f11dc331487a>:0
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.RunClassConstructor(intptr)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.RunClassConstructor (System.RuntimeTypeHandle type) [0x0002a] in <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility.Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility.CallAll_Patch1()
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility:Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility.CallAll_Patch1 ()
Verse.PlayDataLoader/<>c:<DoPlayLoad>b__4_3 ()
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished ()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent ()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate (bool&)
Verse.Root_Entry:Update ()

Jo The Veteran

Removing SpeakUp get me this error in the log tab. It repeats forever as long as tab is pressed, even in paused game.

QuoteRandom state stack is not empty. There were more calls to PushState than PopState. Fixing.
Verse.Log:Warning (string)
Verse.Rand:EnsureStateStackEmpty ()

Canute

Jo the Beginner,
could you please read first "How to report a bug" and overthink your postings.

- You post at the wrong area.
- Just posting the error msg. is like you take a photo from a black monitor and say "My monitor is black, can anyone say why". Allways provide the full logfile (player.log and/or hugslib upload "Share logs" button).

- Don't forget to update your Rimworld too, the latest error is based you didn't do it.

- You allways should check the mod description about removing mods from a savegame

Jo The Veteran

You have a rule of no reporting with mods on, so this is a vanilla section then. Didn't know.
Where's the report with mods section then?
And you say I should report to the mod author but for starters, are they even here? Or only at the steam workshop?
Then there's the fact that I don't know which mod does the issue. Like the first error I got, I can tell it's about clothing colors, but don't know the mod that's doing this.
And removing random mods to find which one brings that error brings forth other errors.

Canute

QuoteYou have a rule of no reporting with mods on, so this is a vanilla section then. Didn't know.
Where's the report with mods section then?
Clean your glasses or open your eye's.
On top you see "Mod bugs" and "How to report a bug". Why do you think is such a topic on top with bold letters ?

QuoteAnd you say I should report to the mod author but for starters, are they even here? Or only at the steam workshop?
There where the author is active. When you get your mods from the workshop, you should use the mod discussion there.

QuoteThen there's the fact that I don't know which mod does the issue.
THAT is the big problem, many error messages don't give any hint about a mod.
The clothing colour msg. at example, do you think anyone can say ahh yes that mod do it ? Currently 5500+ mods for 1.3 on the workshop and i think many do anything with clothing colour.

There is allways the risk that mod's cause problems during gameplay.
Since since it is so difficult to identify the mod just from the error msg. special when someone got alot of mods, you need to life with the problem.

Jo The Veteran

It wasn't as obvious as you believe. I read "Do not post bugs from games with mods active" this reads like an ultimatum. Now that I have I go to that thread, it's the same issue not knowing the mod that caused it. From what you say, it seems very hard to fix them.

Based on the instructions of that thread
1. No idea
2. Error messages
3. Don't know
4-5a. That I can do
6. That too
7. If that happens, I delete the item, while the process of eliminating mods only makes things worse, bringing even more errors, because mods were removed midgame.

So practically for persistent errors I just need to upload the logs, and saves.
Is that correct?

Canute

Personaly i like to see the hugslib uploads.
They include the modlist, the patch list (sometimes useful) and the logfile.
At the logfile we can see if you got previous errors, special the avoidable error's right after Rimworld start.
When the error messages got patches or other keywords, maybe we can find something at the patchlist.

But the short end with all the writings and discuss, error resolving during gameplay with many mod's is mosttime impossible.

Jo The Veteran

I see. I get mostly yellow errors for a while, nothing that seems to impact the game badly.
If I get persistant red one, or of course, game breaking ones, I'll do as you say.
Thank you.

Atsuma1

Hello this is a bit random and I created this account just to say this but I think I had the same error that't how I ended up here the error for me was caused by rimhud so maybe it's the same for you