Unable to alt-tab back to RimWorld if taskbar(windows) not at bottom.

Started by Awe, August 14, 2021, 11:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Awe

Subj. Not game breaking thing, but 1k hours using taskbar at top was okay, and now I can't tab from game and back as before.  :'( Maybe it's possible to fix this problem somehow? -_-

Canute

Hi,
Alt-tab is an OS function, and RW don't block that.
When you encounter that maybe at other app/games too, some of your tools you installed but interfere with it.
When it is Rimworld only, does you use mods ? Deactivate all mods and try it again.

When you use steam, i am not familar with steam, but could it be an option from the steam launcher ?

Awe

I've encountered taskbar position related problem with Satisfactory earlier, and thats it. A lot of other games work fine(like factorio or slay the spire), also RimWorld was okay at least 2 days ago. I blame recent win10 update, but have no clue what's changed. -_- Also, tried load without mods - same problem - when you trying to alt-tab back to RW it appears for some second fraction and minimize back, so I can open it only when taskbar at bottom, or must use bring to front/switch to option from task manager if taskbar somewhere else. -_-

Awe

Well, I'm uninstalled recent windows update KB5005033 and this fixed my problem... at least until windows force me to install it again... god damn, I want normal alternative to w10.  :'(