[1.3.3087] Undergrounder trait description is outdated

Started by Doomster, August 15, 2021, 09:50:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doomster

Undergrounder trait replaces Outdoors need with Indoors one, but the trait's description doesn't mention that, it only says like "no need to be outdoors" which was probably true in version 1.2. The Tunneler meme also replaces needs, but the Undergrounder trait does it even with Ideology disabled.

Pheanox

Thanks for the report. I'm not quite certain what the bug here is though.  Is this a clarity issue? Was Undergrounder changed?  Is the Tunneler meme relevant to the trait in some way?

Doomster

Quote from: Pheanox on September 24, 2021, 07:00:27 PM
I'm not quite certain what the bug here is though.  Is this a clarity issue?
I'd say it's not just clarity. The description says "no need to be outdoors" while it's actually "need to be indoors". Not the same thing. So, the description is simply wrong.

Was Undergrounder changed?
I believe so. While it may have been unintended, but the trait was changed in the base game when Ideology DLC came out. Hence, the trait description is outdated.

Is the Tunneler meme relevant to the trait in some way?
Yes. It seems, the Tunneler meme applies Undergrounder trait implicitly. I only mentioned the meme to emphasize the fact that even without the meme (with Ideology disabled), pawns can have the new Indoors need.

Pheanox

Thanks for the explanation.  This definitely seems like a clarity thing.  I don't see a bug.  This is an intended feature of the Undergrounder Trait with 1.3.  I will put a suggestion for a clarity pass on the trait, though I'm not sure it really needs one.