Problem with Animals, especially Muffalos,Horses,Bison and turkeys

Started by Zworgxx, August 17, 2021, 08:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zworgxx

I had some problems with the "Animals" Tab where it doesnt show all my Muffalos, only the first one. I also couldnt assign an area via the animals tab but could do so if i clicked on the Muffalo and assigned the Area there. Worked for unlisted Muffalos to.

I then deinstalled rimworld via steam and deleted the Ludeon Studios folder. Reinstalled everyhing(also mods), started Rimworld, only "Mods" active are Core,Ideology, and Royalty. When i start the game i already get a lot of stuff in the log (see attached log).

I then started a new colony, spawned some muffalos, tamed them (got some errors in the log while doing so), opened the Animals Tab and the muffalos dont show up (All i get are some "Mouse position stack is not empty." errors).

Donkeys, Bisons, Dromedars and horses also dont show up, sheep do as Rams and eves. They also dont show up in the Pen Marker.

I also cant spawn in turkeys at all. i once saw one generated in the world, but it was unconcious, and couldnt be interacted with.

Am i missing something to uninstall so i can get a clean re-install? Or is it a bug?

skullywag

Do you have multiple "core" mods or something in the rimworld install folder? The log is odd, its stating you already have certain animals when it finds others to load in (of the same pawnkind). Open the game check the "mods" page and just see whats in there, that also might give away any oddness in your setup.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Canute

Since you don't use mods, all these error's are untypical.
But it is a known problem that steam and people don't delete old version before they update.

I suggest that you delete the Data folder inside the Rimworld installation, or the whole Rimworld installation folder. Delete not uninstall !!
Then let it repair/reinstall and try it again.
If you still got problems, please post a new player.log !

Zworgxx

Thanks alot, that repaired it for me. Havent played Rimworld in a while but recently picked up Ideology and Royalty, so maybe the Update from a really old version to 1.3 caused the issue.

Anyways it now works and i am happy : )