[Mod Commission] International Pawn Names

Started by Linxu, August 17, 2021, 12:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linxu

Hi!

OK so there's a mod out there called NamesGalore which adds a bunch more names to the English pool. What's really cool to me, though, is that it has a toggle called 'International names' which allows the game to use names from the other language pools (i.e. generate pawns with a name from the French or Russian language files).

I love this but unfortunately it mixes the names up, so for example, it'll generate a pawn with a Chinese first name and a Dutch surname. What I'd like is for a system similar but for it to use only names from the same pool, i.e. if the game generates a pawn with a German first name it will only choose a surname from the German list.

Is this a thing that's possible?

skullywag

This sounds like something you should speak to the modder of Names Galore about, might be an option they can add to that mod possibly?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Linxu

I would have definitely done that but unfortunately the original developer for the mod hasn't updated it - or been active at all - on GitHub since April 2020 so I presume the mod is no longer receiving any attention.